Jump to content

Aikesu A8 - New Monster EUC? Rumor: 2000W, 60km/h, 22in, 7in wide.


Recommended Posts

Update: The A8 project has been left behind, it was never sold. 

They are now working on the A9:

 

_______

This may only be a design by a "OEM" manufacturer that is maybe trying to do the own design (after having done a few other one wheel vehicles as a sitting EUC and a Pogo EUC).

If I get any more info, I'll share it here. The image was received by someone in France from a Chinese dealer.

FB_IMG_1546125832018.jpg

FB_IMG_1546125837447.jpg

Screenshot_2018-12-29-23-38-16-780_com.facebook.katana.png

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More videos and info on the comments of this Facebook post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/137300526890741/permalink/310065516280907/

The manufacturer says battery size is not known yet. Price not known yet.

Alex on the comments says: "coming in 5 months. 2000W, 60km/h, 22inch, 7inch wide. "

If that is true, we may soon have a larger Monster competitor.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are working on the 3D design at the moment.

A good thing about the handle not being in the middle is that it's much easier to add a DIY seat on top of it.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's really good to see new companies entering the game. Great for us consumers. 

This certainly looks interesting. Probably very heavy and rides like the Z10. 

Will this wheel be the only one from this new company?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting that they are coming out with a bigger copy of the Z10.  Didn’t think the Z10 was selling all that well.  Wonder if it has the same weird riding characteristics.  

Mid new manufacture, they really need to build up good reliability rep.  I don’t think the software is all that easy to develop and I wouldn’t want to be their test dummy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.jpg

But I don't.

OEM-level effort seems the right description. Will this company have the legs to do their own R&D, development, etc., that's necessary to compete with the "real" manufacturers? Or is this a quick clone with existing parts (motorbike parts, apparently:efee8319ab:... see the lights) like the first Solowheel clones and will end up the same way?

I expect nothing. Maybe they'll surprise us all, but I expect nothing. This doesn't seem to have the necessary effort behind it (these low pedals alone...).

My 2 cents:efeeab781c:

(Is this in any way related to Rockwheel, who did similar wide-tire test models?)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Interesting that they are coming out with a bigger copy of the Z10.  Didn’t think the Z10 was selling all that well.  Wonder if it has the same weird riding characteristics.  

Mid new manufacture, they really need to build up good reliability rep.  I don’t think the software is all that easy to develop and I wouldn’t want to be their test dummy. 

Let me compare this and from the point I saw from @Marty Backe yesterday about Z10 and how you ride it. 

I will use cars as an example... Mazda MX-5. It is a little sportscar, nimble not but in no terms max performance, but still a fun car to drive. Other makes similar with bigger more powerful engines but still the MX-5 is the biggest selling little affordable sportscar to date. 

So if you look at Z10, a normal EUC for the masses, properly not, yet fun to ride for those how like it style, absolutely yes from the community feedback. to everyones liking? no but since I don't have any statics I can't say if it meet business goals from Ninebot. It has achieved one thing though, bought back Ninebot into the community public eye. 

Nope, I have not tested it, the Z10, I would love to but not EU release yet and EUCs are still too rare here at my city/region so ...

Would I like to have a Mazda MX-5 yes but it cost too much for me to have 2 cars, so practicality wins over fun ...still.. as for EUC, for a 2nd wheel...decisions are different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

Let me compare this and from the point I saw from @Marty Backe yesterday about Z10 and how you ride it. 

I will use cars as an example... Mazda MX-5. It is a little sportscar, nimble not but in no terms max performance, but still a fun car to drive. Other makes similar with bigger more powerful engines but still the MX-5 is the biggest selling little affordable sportscar to date. 

So if you look at Z10, a normal EUC for the masses, properly not, yet fun to ride for those how like it style, absolutely yes from the community feedback. to everyones liking? no but since I don't have any statics I can't say if it meet business goals from Ninebot. It has achieved one thing though, bought back Ninebot into the community public eye. 

Nope, I have not tested it, the Z10, I would love to but not EU release yet and EUCs are still too rare here at my city/region so ...

Would I like to have a Mazda MX-5 yes but it cost too much for me to have 2 cars, so practicality wins over fun ...still.. as for EUC, for a 2nd wheel...decisions are different. 

I think we have different idea of what a sports car is.  I think the Miata was always marketed as such, but I think if you don’t have the most important thing, power, it isn’t all that fun to drive.  Lacking the sport.  

Having way too many wheels is just a waste.  I think two wheels is more than anyone needs.  No one has that much time to ride except maybe @Marty Backe.  Definitely jelly of the nice whether out there.  

I have an excuse for having a few, I tell myself it is for my kids.  So we are three riders, should have a minimum of 6 wheels.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I think we have different idea of what a sports car is.  I think the Miata was always marketed as such, but I think if you don’t have the most important thing, power, it isn’t all that fun to drive.  Lacking the sport.  

Having way too many wheels is just a waste.  I think two wheels is more than anyone needs.  No one has that much time to ride except maybe @Marty Backe.  Definitely jelly of the nice whether out there.  

I have an excuse for having a few, I tell myself it is for my kids.  So we are three riders, should have a minimum of 6 wheels.  

I couldn't let this statement go unchallenged :)

I have more than a few wheels, and yes, some of them go unridden for weeks (particularly when I get a new wheel like the KS18XL). But I love the variety because they all ride differently. Even my two ACM2's are different because they have unique tires.

I can hop on a wheel that I haven't ridden in 6-weeks and I almost feel like I just got a new wheel because of the necessary adjustment period to a 'new wheel'.

Variety is the spice of life :D

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I couldn't let this statement go unchallenged :)

I have more than a few wheels, and yes, some of them go unridden for weeks (particularly when I get a new wheel like the KS18XL). But I love the variety because they all ride differently. Even my two ACM2's are different because they have unique tires.

I can hop on a wheel that I haven't ridden in 6-weeks and I almost feel like I just got a new wheel because of the necessary adjustment period to a 'new wheel'.

Variety is the spice of life :D

I don't know why or how...must be a trick of mind...somehow I just saw wife in there...ohh noooo 😫 

I am getting @Hunka Hunka Burning Love-comment syndrome. 

Come on @Hunka Hunka Burning Love are you lost in VR still?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

I don't know why or how...must be a trick of mind...somehow I just saw wife in there...ohh noooo 😫 

I am getting @Hunka Hunka Burning Love-comment syndrome. 

Come on @Hunka Hunka Burning Love are you lost in VR still?

I've got a small harem of wheels. :innocent1:   I should probably sell off my learner generic wheel and the Ninebot, but it's hard to part with these babies.  :wub:  Some people collect cars, others toys, while certain people gather EUCs into their fold.  I say to each their own and owning each is great if you can afford it!  :w00t2:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I got confirmation that the A8 has been left behind. (which they claimed went 60km/h).

But they are working on something else, the A9, if the specs are good, it could be the first serious Motorbike EUC. 

The motor size seems huge, probably 5000w, 8000w or more. (just my guess).

And there is lots of space for batteries on the body. 

mmexport1561031370092.jpg

For discussion about the A9, I started a new topic:

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...