KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

I presume they made them flat because they made the sides flat and your legs would be straight against the wheel ,most wheels bulge out a bit ,,,BUT ,, alot of riders don't touch the sides anyway so bad design maybe, i got used to riding the z10 ,i also got used to riding on msx pedals , I'm sure I'd get used to them also or maybe an easy fix to feel a bit safer 

Edited by stephen
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beowolve said:

Interesting, I have only used a ninebot s2 and the v10 so far and don't have that feel. Might be a thing if your are used to other wheels and it might go away after a while.

My colleague has bought a v5f and he actually disliked the V shape so much, that he modified it so that is now flatter.

Should be easy to adjust by yourself.

It is strange that all other KS wheels don't have this, is it possible that this is a demo unit thing? Did anyone who testet the wheel in china also experience this?

It greatly depends on how you ride your wheel. If you're riding in bumpy conditions (trails, crappy streets, etc.), flat pedals will have your feet sliding all over the place. When I tested the V10F in the mountains I had trouble keeping my feet on the pedals.

There are no pedal adjustments. Because of the forces being applied between the pedal and the pedal hangers, it's not very easy to fabricate something that can change the angle precisely on both pedals (you don't want one at 4-degrees and the other at 6-degrees).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

The final angle will be 15degree 😎

Oh my god... My MSX had 13 on one side, 15 on the other. And it was way too much. The 16X will probably receive the same love/hate comments on the angle as the MSX did.

What was wrong with an AVERAGE angle?! Like 7-11 degrees. The kind that doesn’t require you to tighten your shoes enough to cut circulation in order for them not to roll on your feet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Oh my god... My MSX had 13 on one side, 15 on the other. And it was way too much. The 16X will probably receive the same love/hate comments on the angle as the MSX did.

What was wrong with an AVERAGE angle?! Like 7-11 degrees. The kind that doesn’t require you to tighten your shoes enough to cut circulation in order for them not to roll on your feet.

I would wait for the final Version...who knows where and how this 15degree angle is measurd!

The KEY from my Information is: It will not be flat!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, US69 said:

Yeah,

i got a a short communication wit KS this morning.

The Pedal angel an all models out there in the wild, Pre-Production models or Prototypes, however you would like to call them have flat angle pedals.

Will be changed to 15%, according to KS.

@eddiemoy @houseofjob

Thanks for the information we do appreciate any info . And hope the reviewers over look this 👍

15° is probably too much, I'm seriously considering getting my MSX pedals down to 11° or so. Not so much because the steeper angle hurts, but because it feels unnatural. You have to have tight shoes, or you will feel less planted. On the positive side there is not much feeling of losing your grip on the pedals.

I would love to see someone coming up with a better solution to the damping problem than the silicone dampers on the GT16. On the MSX there is no damping, and you really feel it if you up the tire pressure into the 40-ish range. Suddenly every little ridge in the road is a menace to your rattling teeth. Going down to 30psi makes it a lot better, but also makes the thing a lot bouncier.

The GT16 dampers, while far from perfect, actually took away some of that rattling feeling, even though the total possible travel for the damping was about half an inch. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, US69 said:

I would wait for the final Version...who knows where and how this 15degree angle is measurd!

The KEY from my Information is: It will not be flat!!!

Please tell them to maintain the same regular KS pedal angle.  This was perfect.  Don’t do MSX extreme angle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This is all so exciting here...all this bad information about the prototypes :eff05cf9bc: ...then again the all-clear that this is not the case with the finished model! :efefc8626c:

I'm afraid I won't be able to wait until the first 16X are on the market before I order. :dribble:

From the equipment and from the data, my wishes were actually (theoretical) fulfilled. :thumbup:
+ silent motor
+ TO-247 MOSFETS
+ good music sound
+ good acceleration, torque and braking power
+ NO flat padels
+ all black
+ QC 3.0
+ resonable trolley handle (theoretically at least)

Negative:
- Optically marginal
- too bulky (I hope only optically and not uncomfortably between the legs)
- fake carbon optics! :facepalm:

...and if the only problem is the pads that come off, then I'm satisfied.
I thought about that already when I looked at the pictures a few days ago, but I recently ordered a really good double-sided adhesive tape (3M 9088), which should get this problem under control. :D

I'd love to see a comparison of the 16X and Nikola Plus 100V/1845WH

2 minutes ago, buell47 said:

This is all so exciting here...all this bad information about the prototypes :eff05cf9bc: ...then again the all-clear that this is not the case with the finished model! :efefc8626c:

I'm afraid I won't be able to wait until the first 16X are on the market before I order. :dribble:

From the equipment and from the data, my wishes were actually (theoretical) fulfilled. :thumbup:
+ silent motor
+ TO-247 MOSFETS
+ good music sound
+ good acceleration, torque and braking power
+ NO flat padels
+ all black
+ QC 3.0
+ resonable trolley handle (theoretically at least)

Negative:
- Optically marginal
- too bulky (I hope only optically and not uncomfortably between the legs)
- fake carbon optics! :facepalm:

...and if the only problem is the pads that come off, then I'm satisfied.
I thought about that already when I looked at the pictures a few days ago, but I recently ordered a really good double-sided adhesive tape (3M 9088), which should get this problem under control. :D

I'd love to see a comparison of the 16X and Nikola Plus 100V/1845WH

I actually like the design. It gives an impression of being a work horse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I actually like the design. It gives an impression of being a work horse.

Same.

35 minutes ago, buell47 said:

fake carbon optics!

You can fix that with a little paintjob, and you have an almost perfect wheel for you (and me too :D).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beowolve said:

Same.

You can fix that with a little paintjob, and you have an almost perfect wheel for you (and me too :D).

fake carbon fibre is textured.. will show through any paint >.>

2 hours ago, Scatcat said:

15° is probably too much

The report by @US69 was 15%. That’s 8.5 degrees. Sounds pretty good.

I personally happen to like flatter pedals anyway. More comfortable. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, stephen said:

The final angle will be 15degree 😎

Why didn't they just do that in the first place lol 😊 

Also some words why the send out "pre-production" models are not "allready in the first place" like what the final Version will be:

This is No perfect world….we all want the new Wheel as soon as possible and as flawless as possible.

Especially the pedal arms and pedals themself are totally new designed. First time not using the (sometimes to stiff) feather mechanism on the pedal, but instead making it magnetic and so also using another pedal arm design.

So, as easy at it sounds, a new Detail for KS....that they needed AND DID work over.

So as "pre-production" or prototype model sometimes still have some minor flaws, nonetheless i am still happy KS (and ewheels and other big sellers) are doing this "road-Show" and showing Progress at all...

I have contacted -especially the NY Group- and told About some Little Details like "Sound still in optimizing"....unfortunatly when doing this i had overseen (and not known) the flat pedal "issue"....especially i would have also done with others...when i would have known before.

Point is: thats how it is….faults happen...but Progress is made B)

Edited by US69

36 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Chris from 1radwerkstatt told me he will be getting these stickers in about 3-4 weeks.

Maybe other designs as well.

03C05200-CDCD-4938-9442-D95EE7436A76.thumb.jpeg.3a38af828433817ef8decfaf5125d42f.jpegCCA01068-B760-4ED0-A83B-61B1A5993CCA.thumb.jpeg.dc596392b9ff7dd122265ab1b98dbe89.jpeg

@US69 do you know if this is a general KS solution or a locak specilazed fun thing from 1radwerkstatt only?

I know you are is close contact with 1radwerkstatt from time to time.

I think this is cool and hoped something like this would happen. (Wish: something red-redmetalic):clap3:

24 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@US69 do you know if this is a general KS solution or a locak specilazed fun thing from 1radwerkstatt only?

I know you are is close contact with 1radwerkstatt from time to time.

I think this is cool and hoped something like this would happen. (Wish: something red-redmetalic):clap3:

That will be an offer from KS in General as far as i know …..

Photo is from KS Headquarters...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Please tell them to maintain the same regular KS pedal angle.

4 hours ago, US69 said:

i am Pretty sure is like @UniVehje has said 15% and in reality 8.5degrre.

I went ahead and measured 2 KS wheels with an I-Phone App (Measure):

KS16S with Regular Pedals - 7 degrees

KS18L  with  Large Pedals - 2 degrees

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

20190617_193651.thumb.jpg.42a70acfe91b51581af6a3ef25ae165e.jpg

Good job @houseofjob

It is running cycle playback on 55" oled TV. 😁📺👏

• Upvote 1