KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Is there any info on the motor? Seems to have a huge amount of torque! 

It seems so indeed.

Edited by Mono

14 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Looking at those flat sides I'm wondering if this is going to be an issue for ankle bones pressing against the shell when the rider needs to get in close to the shell for what ever reason.

Not so different as for many other wheels: if you want to be able ankle squeeze without pain (which I do too) you better have ankle cushions. Those which come with the InMotion V8 work extremely well for me. I actually prefer to have a smooth surface without bumps or kinks over having calf cushions.

Edited by Mono

6 hours ago, Arbolest said:

I think the only thing that's off-putting for me is the bit of the shell that extends below the pedals. It seems reeeeeally low to the ground and wide enough to catch larger pebbles/rocks when off-roading. Did this ever happen when you were testing it @Kuji Rolls? Maybe that's what caused some of your... off-wheel adventures? :efee612b4b:

As Jason said...its only a prototype and the shell under the pedals will be cut/changed.

Was one of the first things that got back to the drawing board :-)

And for all other „small“ details...this goes the same, remember, its the first protoype, and actually lately KS has been very, very good in listening to some advice...

Edited by US69
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, US69 said:

Actually i am not sure about this...will ask. IF SO...then there will be the sensor, and no button under the handle, as they dont want electric parts moving inside the trolley.

Considering the issues (possibly) related to the lift-sensor in the earlier models, I'd actually rather like they'd leave it off then :P  Not that I'm even looking into buying a new wheel anytime soon, I blew off way too much money last year, so have to save up, we likely have some renovations coming up within a year or two in the 5-figure range... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, US69 said:

Actually i am not sure about this...will ask. IF SO...then there will be the sensor, and no button under the handle, as they dont want electric parts moving inside the trolley.

Will the shell/electrical system/motor/overall wheel etc be any more or less water resistant than the KS16S/18XL or will it be about the same.

13 minutes ago, US69 said:

Have you driven a Z10? those flat sides are actually very comfortable as nothing sticks out...

No I haven't but the Z10 is as wide as a bus.  Is it even possible to make contact with the ankles once the shin bone has made its way past the top of the shell?  This is a real question, I actually don't know.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

Just now, Smoother said:

No I haven't but the Z10 is as wide as a bus.  Is it even possible to make contact with the ankles once the shin bone has made its way past the top of the shell?  This is a real question, not a joke.

I dont see it as a joke, dont worry...

Hmm, i see it that you can make contact with your shin musles...i dont remember any uncomfortable situation with the ankles.

I havent driven the 16X..unfortunatly...but with the experience on such wheels that have a flat side like the 18A/s and Z10...i really can see no disadvantage or any problems in such a design. In contrary...for wheels with much exposed sidepads like 16b/s i always needed 3-4 days pain adjustment time, while on the flat wheels i had none?!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

Will the shell/electrical system/motor/overall wheel etc be any more or less water resistant than the KS16S/18XL or will it be about the same.

The way the questions is made seams to imply that the 16S and 18L are not water resistant....which i dont see it like that.

Sure they are not waterproof and can not be dubbed under water, but the they are as water resistant as all my other KS/GW wheels i had.

I am from rainy/snowy Germany and had no problems with water resistance at all, so my answer would be that the 16X will be at least on the same level as other KS wheels....

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

The way the questions is made seams to imply that the 16S and 18L are not water resistant....which i dont see it like that.

Sure they are not waterproof and can not be dubbed under water, but the they are as water resistant as all my other KS/GW wheels i had.

I am from rainy/snowy Germany and had no problems with water resistance at all, so my answer would be that the 16X will be at least on the same level as other KS wheels....

What I meant more so was just has any additional steps been made to improve water resistance of the wheel than what is currently done on the 16S/18Xl.  So could one expect the same use case scenarios and water resistance as the 16S/18XL or even better improved water resitance.  Basically are you guys doing anything new or employing any new techniques compared to what you have done previously on your other more recent wheels.  Like the ninebot z10 had those rubber gaskets type o ring seels around parts of the shell I think

Edited by Heyzeus

Nice to see you are back in buisness again @US69.

Thank you for providing answers at this early stages. 

I do hope we get more official details and key advantage point in the view of Kingsong. This should give potential customers an idea of this new model is the wheel to buy or loot at other options.

The teaser video of today have raised my interest a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, Heyzeus said:

What I meant more so was just has any additional steps been made to improve water resistance of the wheel than what is currently done on the 16S/18Xl.  So could one expect the same use case scenarios and water resistance as the 16S/18XL or even better improved water resitance.  Basically are you guys doing anything new or employing any new techniques compared to what you have done previously on your other more recent wheels.

What do you have in mind? The motor is sealed with silicon...just around the bearings it is -like all wheels- sensible (as said, dont dubb the complete wheel). The shells are inner and out side and mostly constructed that way that no water can get in...and the small penetration points like trolley rim, dont go to electrical things at all. Battery packs are sealed, to.

I have no concrete details for the 16X, as it is in Prototype stadium. But i just would exspect the same as on other newest KS models....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, US69 said:

I will not to much hope...but to my information it is not decided that 45kmh Max is set in stone!

If it is safely possible, this will be adjusted to 50kmh...

If they can get it safely, 50kmh would be perfect.  Like if it could do 50kph without beeping and tiltback when charged above 50% then say 40 - 45kmh between 25% - 50% would be pretty awesome

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, US69 said:

Perhaps some other points not mentioned in the video:

4 x 5Watt speaker...

1 x Bass speaker!

Double charge port...double USB 3 port...

I will not to much hope...but to my information it is not decided that 45kmh Max is set in stone!

PERHAPS...a nice seat will be developed....

45 kmh is fine by me. My setting on my KS18L isScreenshot_20190307-084628_Kingsong.thumb.jpg.318ff469a5cf2d369777722daa81dfff.jpg

I feel another early adoption case brewing...tax refunds incomming early April. Last year bonus expected late March...my money are ready at May.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

If they can get it safely, 50kmh would be perfect.  Like if it could do 50kph without beeping and tiltback when charged above 50% then say 40 - 45kmh between 25% - 50% would be pretty awesome

Yeah, as said: If it is -safely- possible, we have chances that it will be done!

I am heavily promoting for it, as i know that a lot people want this. But „beeing the fastest“ has never been in the agenda of KS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Unventor said:

45 kmh is fine by me.

I am driving in the exact same range as you with my wheels....about 38-42 is my max speed for short bursts...while gliding at about 30-35kmh. For me, the comfort zone and enough...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, US69 said:

PERHAPS...a nice seat will be developed....

Send all complaints to: US69@gxxxx.com........ :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by houseofjob

17 minutes ago, US69 said:

Without joke:

The more feedback i have...the better the chances are to get what we want....

4 things...i know it might be fairly water resistance, but..

1) great head and rear light.

2) a fully weather seal. 

3) an action cam mounting point in a safe place. Could be used for extra lighting or gps tracker.

4) wheel cover/raincoat/wintercoat

I like the seat idea. As for pedals either use the large jason style fully grip taped or something similar, not the old style ones.

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 1