KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

13 hours ago, stephen said:

Got these from another forum supposed to be the final build

1. Would have liked to seen a redesign of the shell so no mud flap is needed.

2. This image shows no tail light or led’s going all around shell.

3. How easy is access to valve stem? 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You are really going to like the Nikola. Based on the 16X shell design, I think the Nikola is going to be the more comfortable wheel.

Thanks for giving up the 16X so the guys who really want the wheel on the North East can test it first. I doubt the Nikola is more comfortable than the 16X.  Seems the middle padding on the 16X is really inset into the shell.  I first thought it was for extra batteries.  You prefer GW wheels anyway.  

D6F35965-3C12-4937-B207-D8C92B341CD1.thumb.jpeg.c29159dd13d8877c02c5488f74a04617.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

My group in Singapore were amongst the first few to receive a large batch of Nikola. However, we found some problems with it that we didn’t like and some have already sold off their Nikola after riding barely a month. 

I guess we should wait and see. I think the design is nice. Black and stealthy and tough. And not overly Christmas-lighty like the Nikola. 

Cant wait for July to come. 

Wow! Please share the details of what the issues are.  Must have been big in order for the group to all sell as they seem to prefer GW wheels in your group.  I know the side wall had some lacking padding between the shell and battery that made a creaking noise when ever you mount with one leg.  That annoyed me.  The trolley handle didint look, doesn’t seem like Marty’s does either.  Must be a defect because it was shown to lock before. 

• Like 1

I'm very intrigued by Marty's comments, but still not going to jump ship on my 16X order.  The glossy shell on the Nikola is what kills it for me. I personally don't want to mod my wheel up with sticky pads to help with leg comfort and grip - those pads on the Nikola make it look even more tacky.  The 16X shell appears to be more grippy and comfortable right out of the box.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Think since Marty gave up his place on line for the demo, we are supposed to get it in the next two weeks.  Can’t wait. 

No offense @eddiemoy I was hoping Chooch would get it first and do some mountain bike trails with it. Darn! Oh well, barring a defect I'm definitely buying one anyway. I look forward to seeing you guys race down the streets of NYC with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Think since Marty gave up his place on line for the demo, we are supposed to get it in the next two weeks.  Can’t wait. 

You owe me Eddie :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Wow! Please share the details of what the issues are.  Must have been big in order for the group to all sell as they seem to prefer GW wheels in your group.  I know the side wall had some lacking padding between the shell and battery that made a creaking noise when ever you mount with one leg.  That annoyed me.  The trolley handle didint look, doesn’t seem like Marty’s does either.  Must be a defect because it was shown to lock before. 

I've been meaning to ask if the handle locks on other Nikola owners wheels. I've used it a lot on some rough trails and non-locking hasn't been an issue. I think because of the strong spring.

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I will wager $1.00 that you’ll change your mind by August. 

Hey that is not fair. How can be possible admit a KS would beat a GW wheel now :w00t2:

And what would he tell his wife? :popcorn:

I wager 1€ that @Marty Backe have changed his mind by July once first unboxing and review hits forum and youtube.

I will even give you a small hint why. To me it seems that @Jason McNeil favor(ed?) the KS16X this is the once I have seen him most active on and how I read his pre-comparison.

Note: I am sad that if it is true that KS gave up on a dedicated rear and break light.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Are you guys first out or do you know is first?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I've been meaning to ask if the handle locks on other Nikola owners wheels. I've used it a lot on some rough trails and non-locking hasn't been an issue. I think because of the strong spring.

It doesn't lock on mine, was one of my first negative findings when I got the wheel. I actually spent some time staring at the construction trying to figure whether I was missing something, but it doesn't seem like it. Still, it works well enough, but I'd really have preferred it to lock for a better experience while using the trolley.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I wager 1€ that @Marty Backe have changed his mind by July once first unboxing and review hits forum and youtube.

Unfortunately I wager another $1.00 that we don’t take possession of the 16X until August. This is a bet I would love to loose. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately I wager another $1.00 that we don’t take possession of the 16X until August. This is a bet I would love to loose. 

I have been reading Russian sites the past few days and they confirm July (though end of :P)as confirmed release. (webbrowser auto translation though)

And my expected dealer seems to have updated spec, date and pictures now: https://eunicycles.eu/en/16-inch/134-king-song-ks-16x-1554wh.html

13 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I heard a rumor... lol

hehe ok...not much details in that.....:confused1:

btw I found this info from the specs sheet I posted as PDF above. I wounder how this compare to the Nikola.

• Low Battery Protection: 
Low battery protection activated on 30% battery, speed will decreases linearly; when the battery is lower than 5%, voice alarm for charge, when battery at 0%, the front part of the pedal will rise to decelerate until full stop
  • Over-temperature Protection:

Pedal tilt back when control board temperature reach 80, motor temprature reach 120. Fan will be activated when control board temperature over 50. Fan will stop working when temperature lower than 40

And from https://kingsong.ie/product/ks-16x/

"Among new features is a new more stable control board with 4 layers, and the imported TO-247 MOSFETS to ensure the high performance of it’s 2200W motor. The control boards comes with a turbo fan that intelligently self-adjust it’s speed according to the demand or the temperature of the MOSFETS."

Edited by Unventor

7 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.  I cannot disagree with you more.  I find the Nikola repulsive and I’m having a hard time understanding how someone can see it as anything but fugly.  It looks like a poorly copied version of the V10F.  They didn’t even try to hide that.  They keep on putting their stupid GW logo everywhere.  KS learned to stop doing that ears ago.

I saw it in person and had to admit it isn’t fugly as the pictures online.  I would never buy it though.  Because seeing it in person confirmed that the build quality is still Gotway, immature.  I know most GW fans overlook issues with GW for some weird reason.  I’ve not able to figure out yet.

Im guessing the comment you had about the mudguard is because you’ve had issues with stuff breaking off from many falls?  I know the GW handles don’t fair well in falls because of the way GW wheel violent dance and thrash before settling down.   Many have broken their poorly design trolley handles from falls and the add on mud guards from eucguy.  At least KS is giving you one,

‘The pedals are great, I don’t see an issue with them.  Maybe GW can finally build a proper pedal that doesn’t have gaps in the pedal arm that require spacers because they tend to bend and warp and then you have an issue getting them off.  Don’t know the reason behind still using 1.75” pedal hangers and still making pedals too big and requiring spacers.  

Good that they finally added bluetooths capable speakers.  First of their wheels to have this?  Now if they can figure out how to give their fan base a way to upgrade firmware like every other company out there. 

haha yes it truly is.. idk what happened from a few months ago I thought the nikola was ugly and the 16x looked cool,, but I've since flipped completely the 16 looks harsh and rugged and the nikola smooth and simplistic and I love it :p the 16x is just a lot different and I really like the look of the 14, 16, and 18L.. hate the 18S look though.. oh I'm sure the pedals are great and work perfectly but they're just ugly as sin lol.. I would have preferred black pedals on nikola though.

nope never had a fall or broken anything off of any unicycle I've owned, merely saying a lot of people aren't nearly as kind to their rides as me and even having it up against a wall where it happens to slide and fall that for sure looks like a weak point,, it really looks like hard plastic but someone did mention about it being rubber so I'm not sure will have to see in person if it's rubber then that's fine, still ugly imo but if functional I can forgive it, it's included so can't really complain lol.

I couldn't possibly care any less about speakers on any wheel and would honestly rather them just not be there unless they're gonna add the option for alarms to come through on them, but I would never in a million years blast music from the speaker lol, I wear headphones at all times but even if I didn't have them I'm not going to turn into a portable boom box to draw the attention of everyone in a 500 metre radius lol.. yes it's pretty ridiculous they don't have any options for firmware updates, like what year is this lol

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

haha yes it truly is.. idk what happened from a few months ago I thought the nikola was ugly and the 16x looked cool,, but I've since flipped completely the 16 looks harsh and rugged and the nikola smooth and simplistic and I love it :p the 16x is just a lot different and I really like the look of the 14, 16, and 18L.. hate the 18S look though.. oh I'm sure the pedals are great and work perfectly but they're just ugly as sin lol.. I would have preferred black pedals on nikola though.

nope never had a fall or broken anything off of any unicycle I've owned, merely saying a lot of people aren't nearly as kind to their rides as me and even having it up against a wall where it happens to slide and fall that for sure looks like a weak point,, it really looks like hard plastic but someone did mention about it being rubber so I'm not sure will have to see in person if it's rubber then that's fine, still ugly imo but if functional I can forgive it, it's included so can't really complain lol.

I couldn't possibly care any less about speakers on any wheel and would honestly rather them just not be there unless they're gonna add the option for alarms to come through on them, but I would never in a million years blast music from the speaker lol, I wear headphones at all times but even if I didn't have them I'm not going to turn into a portable boom box to draw the attention of everyone in a 500 metre radius lol.. yes it's pretty ridiculous they don't have any options for firmware updates, like what year is this lol

Yes the 18S is polarizing.  You either love it or hate it.  I love it. 

I agree, playing music loudly is obnoxious.  I wouldn’t do it.  But it is nice to have when you are around a group of only your friends.  

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

Agreed! The last post of the 16X looked really rugged and boxy, not liking the top with the deep recess for the handle.  Seems like the Nikola would give more surface area for legs to help maneuver.  Thinking it would be easier to carve and manipulate.  Time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

So far we have 3 bets that Marty will purchase a KS16X before the end of August. 

48026591417_72c372c85d_b.jpg

I'm in, put me down for a dollar.  

• Like 2