KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

I have to agree.  Not my first choice.  I have a deposit in on one of these, but not opposed to switching over to another wheel.  I really hope the performance is outstanding.  If not, I may need to consider one of my other options.  Looking forward to seeing Marty and others get their hands on the demo unit.

i also have a deposit and share the same sentiments, to me the nikola is the best looking wheel ive seen, and now with the new models its very tempting lol but i will wait to see some reviews.. it looks really weird from the front and back, no tail light, hate carbon fibre, handle looks super weird and pedals are flat out hideous and look like something from five years ago lol

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

to me the nikola is the best looking wheel ive seen, and now with the new models its very tempting lol

I'm not a Nikola fan, I think Gotway could have managed a thinner handle, but I'll give it this, when put besides other wheels, it makes all of them look dated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wheelr said:

I'm not a Nikola fan, I think Gotway could have managed a thinner handle, but I'll give it this, when put besides other wheels, it makes all of them look dated.

yea the handle is an odd one, but its not like carrying around a 23 kg wheel is going to be a regular thing lol.. a few seconds up some stairs wont be an issue i think, but it sure is sexy lol.. i want to try the trolley in person.. i really love the inmotion v5 scorpion handle feels just as good as my kingsong handle so hopefully its as good

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Daniel-Son said:

Why so much hate now? It looks exactly the same as it did before except it’s all black now.  It never had a taillight, a subwoofer is in its place. The side lighting on the other hand is not the same high density lights they had before, but I’m hoping it’s just a photo touch up gone wrong. Not sure why everybody is hating because they added a carbon fiber look onto plastic. They’re not the first or second company to do this so let’s not get carried away here! When the nikola came out it seemed like everyone hated the look of it, now the tune has changed. Just hold your judgment until you see it in the wild. 

they were good looking renders lol.. these real pics put it in another light.. the material looks cheap and ugly, and the carbon fibre just adds to that cheapness, hideous.. those were prototypes every ks wheel has had a tail light i suspect everyone was expecting the production unit to have one.. and they changed the pedals to some airwheel looking things that are fugly when folded, and was expecting to change the mudguard looks to be hard plastic which isnt only ugly especially with the orange reflective but susceptible to breaking off.. im holding off to see it in person as you never know but right now my opinion is it looks like a cheap toysrus thing you would get your spolied kid for christmas lol.. seeing the nikola in person to me looks very refined and sophisticated, kind of futuristic, the more i look at it the more i like it

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sketch said:

I have to agree.  Not my first choice.  I have a deposit in on one of these, but not opposed to switching over to another wheel.  I really hope the performance is outstanding.  If not, I may need to consider one of my other options.  Looking forward to seeing Marty and others get their hands on the demo unit.

No overheat hill test on this one, demo unit is skipping Marty this time so we just need to wait until he buys it :innocent1:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flying W said:

No overheat hill test on this one, demo unit is skipping Marty this time so we just need to wait until he buys it :innocent1:

Wait what?  How did I miss this?  Why is it skipping Marty?

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Wait what?  How did I miss this?  Why is it skipping Marty?

@Sketch@Marty Backe has just received his own GotWay Nikola and had to tell @Jason McNeil that due to that fact, he would not have enough time available to devote to his usual thorough appraisal of the 16x as well!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2

My group in Singapore were amongst the first few to receive a large batch of Nikola. However, we found some problems with it that we didn’t like and some have already sold off their Nikola after riding barely a month. 

I guess we should wait and see. I think the design is nice. Black and stealthy and tough. And not overly Christmas-lighty like the Nikola. 

Cant wait for July to come. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Since Marty's review of the Nikola and the proposed 16X look and release, I chose to move my deposit and get the Gotway. Looking forward to my new wheel when I return from vacation on Monday.  They seem so close that waiting made no sense. 

You are really going to like the Nikola. Based on the 16X shell design, I think the Nikola is going to be the more comfortable wheel.

45 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Because King Song and eWheels know that he'll buy one from the first batch anyway!

I do have budgets believe it or not. I have no plans on buying the 16x now that I've experienced the Nikola

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@Sketch@Marty Backe has just received his own GotWay Nikola and had to tell @Jason McNeil that due to that fact, he would not have enough time available to devote to his usual thorough appraisal of the 16x as well!

Not really true, but I won't be receiving the 16X until maybe it's been everywhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garrie Lim said:

I guess we should wait and see. I think the design is nice. Black and stealthy and tough.

Black and fake carbon fiber isn't tough. It's wannabe tough. It's how a scared 14 year old might dress.

Real toughness means being comfortable in your own skin.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I do have budgets believe it or not. I have no plans on buying the 16x now that I've experienced the Nikola

Sure. Even Jeff Bezos has a budget (he probably wishes it was as big as yours though).

There are one big, and two minor, things preventing me from switching my deposit to a Nikola. The biggest is the extra width (7.9" vs 7").

I have short legs, so my concern is the wider width will be less comfortable for me (legs splayed at a larger angle). This concern is increased since I started wearing Leatt knee and shin protectors. These effectively make my legs wider and push them out further.

The minor items are the less bright headlamp and two extra pounds of weight (probably not very noticeable, but with heavy wheels I'd default to the lighter).

Well a bit disappointing on that @Marty Backe, since you were in a good position to evaluate the KS16X vs KS18L/XL and Nikola. On the other hand I understand a good review takes time. 

As for the break light I think that is white part just above the mudguard. It does not need to be same as headlight. Comparing my KS18L light pathern the rear light looks the same as it interchange with ride direction. 

I agree with the high structure around the handle, maybe more strength and protection of the handle, but on picture I favour this mint tablet look better. 

One of the obvious missed out part on both KS16X and NIkola, is a resting stand when you are out and about. Might have stand at home, but not necessarily when on a trail. 

Maybe not the end of the world, but the pedals do not look as nice flipped up. And looks to be much hard to repaint or warp. Weiher this is a stronger design is hard to judge from pictures. 

And I agree with @Rehab1why that much hate? Sounds to me like people was wanting to find an excuse to bail their preorder. I agree that end product picture looks much like the render mockups.

I saw these pictures yesterday at kingsong.ie I think contract sidepads would had been nicer, but not a deal breaker for my part. 

Would be nice if KS16X do light controls similar to how Inmotion did. Or at least could break down the leds into sections. I would love a traffic mode where front is white and rear is red, with top and bottom is yellow. Mimic reflectors of bicycle, if you see my point. 

Maybe I get to do unboxing and review this time. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

DATA SHEET

https://eunicycles.eu/en/16-inch/134-king-song-ks-16x-1554wh.html

Model King Song KS16X 1554Wh
Color Rubber black
Diameter 16 inches (16x3.0)
Maximal speed 50 km/h
Range 100-120 km
Motor power 2200 W (max. 4200W)
Battery 1554 Wh
Weight 24.3 kg
Maximal load 120 kg
Dimensions 570 x 495 x 180 mm
Height of the pedals 180 mm
Mobile application Android, iOS, Pebble Watch
Night lights YES
Braking light YES
Side LED lighting YES
Speakers YES
Extendable handle YES
USB charging port YES
Edited by stephen
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Mudflap looks like it will be the first thing to break.

It is made in rubber, according to @US69 some time back and should flex rather than break. 

14 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

What about the part of the shell under the pedals. Did they change it at all

They should have raise and reshaped it. But how much I don't know. It might be less visual as pedals is at 180mm of ground which I think is a bit higher that first number. (I recall it as being around 169mm but I could have my numbers wrong). 

I got this info from a Russian forum site yesterday. I converted into a 2 page PDF for easy reading.KS6x spec.pdf

Now I really don't know much about Mosfets but they put in spec sheet:

"imported TO-247 MOS ensure high performance of 2200w motor", it doesn't state how many though. 

It is a bit sad they didn't paint the rim all black when going for the black look. But I guess it is an easy DIY fix. 

Source:

https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=58041.0;attach=235437

https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=58041.216#topmsg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

My group in Singapore were amongst the first few to receive a large batch of Nikola. However, we found some problems with it that we didn’t like and some have already sold off their Nikola after riding barely a month. 

Can you tell me what the problems were? 

I'm actually waiting eagerly for the 16X (not for the optics, but for the specs), but the Nikola has also caught my eye now, as it has almost identical specs. 

What astonishes me is that the 16X should be able to climb up to 35°, but the Nikola only 25°. Or is this information wrong? My Inmotion V8 is supposed to be able to do that too. I think the 25° must be wrong! 

The pedel height of 180 mm for offroad and single trails through the forest is a fine thing compared to 150 mm for the Nikola. What would be the disadvantages if the pedals were higher? 

It's not easy for me to wait for the 16X, because it' s not my taste optically either. 

Source:

https://www.electricunicycles.eu/catalogs-products,action-comparison?compare=true&product_id[]=307&product_id[]=315

SmartSelect_20190608-105825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by buell47
  • Upvote 1