KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

8 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

They are pretty ugly when compared to the form.  Looks like they may take some hits though and save the rest.   Sure hope they are floppy magnetic.

It has been confirmed by @Jason McNeilearlier in this thread, that it is part reason why large pedals will not fit.

New attachment, magnetic flip aka Z10 style. Slight smaller than large pedals, yet bigger than old standard size. About 1cm shorter front and back.

(Might be testing new surface compared to old gribtape style). 

I would imagine that picture above is a prototype test version. Final version might be a better design/finish. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

I hope they don't screw with the surface too much.  Other than Grip tape, I'd except candy coating (epoxy with additives for abrasion/grip).   

940347458_ScreenShot2019-05-28at3_45_27PM.thumb.png.a0514796dc9f0356f4901c812524cf43.png

In general epoxy get very slippery when wet, or is there a trick to this? 

I doubt the few grains mixed in on the picture will help much. 

• Like 2

We have to tread carefully with regards to pedal grippiness. Too slick and we can easily slide off the pedals in difficult situations. Too grippy and we can't slip off the pedals in difficult situations.

Riders like @Rehab1 can attest to the importance of being able to disengage from the wheel when necessary.

• Like 3

Well the trick of this is that the grit which provides the friction is covered with epoxy to keep it from wearing down.   The skateboarders tend to use Glass Frit - or in some cases sand.  I've also seen them use a light coating of spray epoxy over grip tape.   

15 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

Well the trick of this is that the grit which provides the friction is covered with epoxy to keep it from wearing down.   The skateboarders tend to use Glass Frit - or in some cases sand.  I've also seen them use a light coating of spray epoxy over grip tape.   

i think what the thought is, is that yea it keeps it from wearing down, but it in its pristine state is as slippery as the sandpaper which has been worn down lol.. unless, it isnt? with all of the epoxies ive worked with they are very smooth and slick, especially when wet... though im sure that there is more than one kind lol and i guess you could mix it with sand or something to give it more grip.. i cant imagine how much you would have to ride to wear down the grip tape though, i mean all of mine look and feel practically new still, just a bit dirty.. for how cheap it is and how extremely easy it is to replace i cant imagine it being worth the trouble unless it did indeed add to the grip which i cant see how but i guess its not impossible xD

(The Z10 was totally worth the wait, though I wish they had taken just a little more time to get it 100% right instead of shipping with the issues).   I'm happy to wait an extra 6 months if that is what it takes to produce a truly great, trouble free, and safe wheel - which is what I hope the KS16x will land.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

(The Z10 was totally worth the wait, though I wish they had taken just a little more time to get it 100% right instead of shipping with the issues).   I'm happy to wait an extra 6 months if that is what it takes to produce a truly great, trouble free, and safe wheel - which is what I hope the KS16x will land.

But not 6 more months!!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

But not 6 more months!!!

Yeah, lets all wait 6-months so we can enjoy the wheel in December :blink1:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I hope your wrong. If my 16X will be arriving that late I’ll just have Jason ship it to your house. Great excuse to visit you. Not sure what I would tell my wife. :cry2:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe With the number of EUC's you own, I'd expect you to be the one who cared least about delivery date... also it's not like December in LA is bad weather.  LMAO.

• Like 3

I just received word from Aliexpress that mid June the X will be shipping. Even if it takes a longer I have no interest in dealing with anyone besides @Jason McNeil.

Capture

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I just received word from Aliexpress that mid June the X will be shipping. Even if it takes a longer I have no interest in dealing with anyone besides @Jason McNeil.

I'm sure they are still telling @Jason McNeil the same thing.  They won't change the expected date until the last minute.  Onewheel just delayed the release of the Pint and they announced it at the last minute right when people were expecting them to ship they came out and said they are now delayed by one month.  Lots of pissed off customers and lots of canceled orders.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Now I only saw this and now people start talking about delays.... 

So if I say jump how many will then do that compared to taking it not too serious?

Yes @Jason McNeil just posted a poll on looks, but that does not necessary mean a delay. It is after all on of the last parts in accembly of the total wheel.

I guess we find out in 1 to 2 months time. 

26 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

@Unventor  what poll?

At the top of the page look at the Activity /Unread Content tab and you should easily find the post by Jason.

This kinda entriqued me,, I read on EcoDrifs webpage that KS16x will have break lights (not really new), but also turn lights (this is pretty cool if it works).

Do you know anything about this @Jason McNeil?

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

This kinda entriqued me,, I read on EcoDrifs webpage that KS16x will have break lights (not really new), but also turn lights (this is pretty cool if it works).

In the technical schematic blow-up video that KS has released you can see how the light ring blinks if you lean the wheel left or right. The video is somewhere on the last 23 pages... probably;)