KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

You trying to be funny? You're not, because you are (almost) correct! Airwheel A3 manual describes in great detail that the announced range was measured at a sports arena running track with a 60kg rider at steady speed and +20°C temperature with no wind, until the vehicle was completely immobile. I don't remember if the speed was mentioned, but the A3 has a max speed of 17km/h.

Apparently we are not sharing the same understanding of humor. But I do find it funny that these range numbers are published with usually no description as to the conditions under which they claimed to have been accomplished. As riders, we expect real life values and the manufacturers want to beat the numbers of the competition to look better. Silly to think that these would ever even come close to real world ranges. Pretty much what we have been seeing with fuel efficiency claims in cars in our life time. Now you can complain about this or cry but you won't change that. I choose to laugh at it. 

1 hour ago, MacPara said:

Apparently we are not sharing the same understanding of humor. But I do find it funny that these range numbers are published with usually no description as to the conditions under which they claimed to have been accomplished. As riders, we expect real life values and the manufacturers want to beat the numbers of the competition to look better. Silly to think that these would ever even come close to real world ranges. Pretty much what we have been seeing with fuel efficiency claims in cars in our life time. Now you can complain about this or cry but you won't change that. I choose to laugh at it. 

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there.  He's actually agreeing with you, but he saying it would be funny if it wasn't so close to the truth.  Remember, he's not a native English speaker.  His native language Finnish (suomi) is immensely complex ( so complex, other scandinaviian countries make fun of it) AND all Finns learn Swedish in school, So the fact that he can communicate normally in English TOO, is beyond my comprehension; hell! another Finn @esaj regularly correct my grammar! :mellow: OK maybe once not regularly.:D

Edited by Smoother

1 hour ago, MacPara said:

But I do find it funny that these range numbers are published with usually no description as to the conditions under which they claimed to have been accomplished.

It's called lying. Manufacturers lie. Those numbers are lies. LIES:)

Not for one second have I ever believed any of these rider-dependent specs are given in good faith. Let's not kid ourselves...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

If only life was as splendidly perfect as 3D renders.  

All wheels look nice when new.  It's throwing them down the road that ruins the fairy tale.  I think I might re-do mine in desert camo complete with fake desert mud splashes painted on it.  Then, looking like shite would be normal, it might even look cool.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I think I might re-do mine in desert camo complete with fake desert mud splashes painted on it

Your definitely gunna lose it if you come off😁

Oooh! Update  that's if your riding on the beach .. Didn't see the desert bit😁

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

Your definitely gunna lose it if you come off😁

Nah! To lose it in an English town, it would need to be painted like discarded chip wrappers, used condoms,  beer bottles and cans, and puke.  Drop that camoed wheel there, and you'd have to trip over it to find it

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

Nah! To lose it in an English town, it would need to be painted like discarded chip wrappers, used condoms,  beer bottles and cans, and puke.  Drop that camoed wheel there, and you'd have to trip over it to find it

Aaaah home sweet home 😊

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Smoother said:

All wheels look nice when new.  It's throwing them down the road that ruins the fairy tale.  I think I might re-do mine in desert camo complete with fake desert mud splashes painted on it.  Then, looking like shite would be normal, it might even look cool.

EUC bodyguard go visit www.roll.nz 😁 

Just don't take the wheel for a swim, despite the neopren. It doesn't transform your EUC into a submarine...unless you have painted it yellow, and installed Beatles tunes as startup chimes.

• Like 1

Looks great, probably handles amazing and build quality is also probably great, but if the KS16x still makes that high-pitch whine I can't buy it. That KingSong motor whine is embarrassing and distracting, particularly on calm quiet nights.I fear that KingSong will just use the existing KS18L motor (which performs wonderfully) but has that terrible sound. 

@Jason McNeil have you heard any comments from KS about the possibility of optional seat for upcoming KS16X? 

And do you think @tinawong will do a public announcement the KS16X as she did for KS18L (soon)?

6 minutes ago, Michael Hernandez said:

Looks great, probably handles amazing and build quality is also probably great, but if the KS16x still makes that high-pitch whine I can't buy it. That KingSong motor whine is embarrassing and distracting, particularly on calm quiet nights.I fear that KingSong will just use the existing KS18L motor (which performs wonderfully) but has that terrible sound. 

What is this horrible KS whine I keep hearing about?  Someone who  owns multiple wheels @Marty Backe @houseofjob et al, is the KS motor as noisy as some people say?  I have two KS's but nothing to compare them to.  But I've never thought they were noisy loud or noisy offensive.  It's an electric motor and fast switching electronics, something has to make noise, bit I've never found it offensive or loud, and I'm a noise Nazi. I drive a Lexus for a reason :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Hey Jason, do I get any commission on my rear fender ?;) 

Mudguard? A rear fendet is more like a frame structure or is that too much 80ish?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Mudguard? A rear fendet is more like a frame structure or is that too much 80ish?

Mudguard...Fender.... 220....240. :P 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Someone who  owns multiple wheels @Marty Backe @houseofjob et al, is the KS motor as noisy as some people say?

Yes, they're definitely noisier than the current lines of the rest of the competition.

I believe the other mfr's remedy the PWM motor noise by either tuning the frequency higher than typical human hearing range and/or coating the motor somehow to shield the noise (my theory is that this has been Gotway's method, as after dropping the latest Gotway models, I think you can hear a little of the old PWM frequencies leaking through).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It's interesting how there has been an evolution of form factors since the original Solowheel, and now it seems to converge upon the "tall egg". No more low, circular wheels like the old Ninebots, ACM and 16S (I really expected an evolution of the KS16 form factor from KS, not something totally new). But I guess the round ones were always more of an exception.

This one looks good, though, and if the tall egg means default seated options, I'm all for it. Even if it seems to be slightly disadvantageous for packing in more batteries (they could, but every design wastes a lot of space).

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

That's hilarious. And, as I've learnt, more true than one would think (the UK is more stereotypically British than I ever imagined).

Get some "puke" and "trash" and whatnot stickers (I'm sure there are novely ones to be found somewhere) and do something like this. Add a little UK flag and maybe some text "the British wheel" and voila!:P

• Like 2

Not again....

Definition: noise is some thing bad. 

However motor sounds is normally not noise. Like an US muscle car with a V8 petrol engine...it can't be noise, it a great sound.

That is how I feel about my KS18L...it emits sounds, that tellse the wheel is alive. Swooping around on the EUC is in general emiting low sounds compared to other motor based transports.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

@Rehab1 speaking of mudguard/fender design for KS16X it look like a spare part you need to buy in 10 pcs  bundles.

Looks like easy to get damaged on a wheel that is partly targeted towards off road and trail rides. Unless it is made in rubberised material.

But I guess that concerns has been raised already @US69?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Turn on your KS wheel. Want to know what the MSX sounds like? Turn your KS wheel off :D

So you need a mod like this then? I am sure you get the idea...

Hint: electric scooter/moped 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2