KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

44 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

Well there's a strong opinion :D

I agree with you on this one. I really like my KS18L shape, but that does not rule out the option for a different shape.

Once we get a bit more confirmed details, I do see this could be my new wheel of the year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What, really? Oh come on. That is slapstick level of nasty :cry2: I assume there is no secret meaning of "fractured" that isn't "broken bone"?

Your high cautiousness makes more sense with that context. Maybe steel-toed work boots will be the next protective gear trend...

Yep, almost broken, i suppose i can call it, to be correct. But luckily it didnt interfere with my day to day. Just makes sleeping, sitting, working, life, painful. LOL. But its much better now. See, i love riding in my hightop runners. I like feeling the roads imperfections ruin my life beneath my feet. But now even I'm wondering if getting something sturdier with some insoles might be the way. So when my next handle explodes, at least my feet will be okay. Then i'll invest in some full body armor for the idle assault, considering the wheel hasnt hurt me while im riding it, lmao. 

4 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

This wheel looks to be great IMO. I am glad to see them give up the awful round disk body. I would love to ride one.

LOL. I happen to like that awful round disk body! Haha. I think it looks cool. But i'm all for change too! The next should be a hard edged triangle. Falls would be...lifechanging.... 

7 hours ago, esaj said:

(EUCs are legal in Finland, they're classified same as bicycles in traffic laws).

To be precise, only up to 1000W power and 25km/h top speed... Above that they should be insured and registered as motorcycles, which is currently not possible to do.

• Upvote 1

@esaj 

7 hours ago, esaj said:

Not going to happen, you can't put that much current through any normal button, it would have to be pretty huge. The contacts on the button would either weld shut or melt...

A DC breaker switch would seem to be a $20 solution capable of handing this... What am I missing?

http://mwands.com/store/dc-breakers-from-100-amp-to-250-amp 

Edited by Mike Paolini

@RockyTop  

5 hours ago, RockyTop said:

I@Mike Paolini @Unventor

#1 partly already exists. If you use DarknessBot with an IPhone you can set one speed alarm that can be heard as a loud phone ring or threw ear buds or bluetooth headset. It also works while music is playing. The alarm simply wathches the speedometer and alarms when it reaches your set speed. Note: It does not changes with each wheel. It is a set speed for you.

Hear in the US you can get used phones and devices cheap at a pawn shop. Just need wifi to set up. (at least with DarknessBot) 

Tried (and did a video review) on Darkness Bot.  It was ok, but ultimately performance was inconsistent for me.   Also, I'd really like a direct set of warning from the Manufacturer rather than guessing and fumbling at my own.  They're the ones that know the current voltage and the safe speeds for them....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Also, I'd really like a direct set of warning from the Manufacturer rather than guessing and fumbling at my own.  They're the ones that know the current voltage and the safe speeds for them....

The safe speed depends mostly on the wheel power, battery level, surface conditions, environment, rider weight and rider skills. The wheel knows only two of those, so the manufacturers guess for the safe speed is not necessarily any better than your own.

17 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The safe speed depends mostly on the wheel power, battery level, surface conditions, environment, rider weight and rider skills. The wheel knows only two of those, so the manufacturers guess for the safe speed is not necessarily any better than your own.

absolutely.. but i disagree with them limiting speed based on their interpretation of rider skill.. the 16x has the same specs as the 18xl.. the 18 xl is heavier and has a bigger tire, yet can easily and safely go 50 kph.. if they limit the speed to 40 on the 16x JUST because its a 16" tire that would suck.. it should be 50 kph and leave it up to the user to decide imo

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

the 16x has the same specs as the 18xl.. the 18 xl is heavier and has a bigger tire, yet can easily and safely go 50 kph.. if they limit the speed to 40 on the 16x JUST because its a 16" tire that would suck.. it should be 50 kph and leave it up to the user to decide imo

If this is true then you know specs that have not been confirm yet by Kingsong. 

And the video released is a 1st iteration prototype, where some changes will happen.

I have not see anything abpught weight yet for KS16X. I have not seen anything about control board and possible algoritm changes. As for tyre, it is smaller in diameter but wider. What that mean in weight is impossible to state now as thete is not ofther info on thickness or if it is tubeless.

If you have followed Kingsong theads KS is not about top speed at any cost. Iho is that they do great becsuse they have a safety aspect in their design. It is call brand protection, and if you ask me I would recommend any company at any time of the day to consider that. Most customer would benafit from that in the long run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

If this is true then you know specs that have not been confirm yet by Kingsong. 

And the video released is a 1st iteration prototype, where some changes will happen.

I have not see anything abpught weight yet for KS16X. I have not seen anything about control board and possible algoritm changes. As for tyre, it is smaller in diameter but wider. What that mean in weight is impossible to state now as thete is not ofther info on thickness or if it is tubeless.

If you have followed Kingsong theads KS is not about top speed at any cost. Iho is that they do great becsuse they have a safety aspect in their design. It is call brand protection, and if you ask me I would recommend any company at any time of the day to consider that. Most customer would benafit from that in the long run.

those are the specs on the prototype, and they would be crazy to go with anything less at this point in time with so much competition.. if the old 16s with its 1200 watt motor and 840 wh battery can very easily cruise at 35, then a top speed of only 40 for the x would be ridiculous imo as it would also decrease with battery usage, it would probably be a deal breaker for me and many others if not at least 45 kmph.. i mean its already the same size as the 18 xl, probably only a couple lbs shy of the weight, and similarly priced.. who would their market be if they limit the speed to 40, that im guessing would push many people to choose another option especially for the price

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Rywokast I respectfully choose to agree to disagree with you. 

everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course :)

I'm thinking 45 at a min. They would still he protecting the brand as there is plenty of power left. If they wanted too 50kph is probably still safe since the XL xan do it on the 18in tire. 

I think 45 would give them a gap between the two models and also let them speed throttle ya at a lower battery level too. 

I think 40 would kill sales, 3mph over my 16s isnt enough. I cant have my 14in mcm5 being the same speed or possible a little faster than the 16x. 

45kph or more and I dont think I'll be able to keep my money in my pocket though. :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it just me?

Seems clear to me that when you put 2000W on a 16 inch wheel with a wide tire you are aiming for climbing capabilties and acceleration (hear torque) rather than top speed...

But then, I could be wrong. Different ways of winding the motor can give different results. For top speed I would use thinner tires to minimize drag.

As a manufacturer I would not put my reputation at risk for a few km/h 's

Hey, there may be a aftermarket for mods for the speed freaks... Rewind motors (not that hard !) and slim/tall tires for 120km/h!

And Hall sensors halfed signal mods to fool the software.(is it even possible?).

You did not hear that from me...I never wrote that.

Ahhh, I am losing it. Have not wheeled for 3 months now. (Wheel less down South)

Edited by pico
Corr
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

It happened to me a few weeks ago.  I was testing a used guitar at a store and my wheel was propped up about 10 feet away.  As I'm plucking and strumming (as best I can) I suddenly hear "Bluetooth is connected"  I look up and some guy is examining my wheel.  He's switched it on and everything.   A few choice words were exchanged, let me tell you.

Ban guitars...they are the cause to misguide you and your focus 😋

On the serious side, a lte sms gps tracking system would be nice. That could have saved @Henrik Olsen wheel. Some e-bicycle has this. Some can lock up the motor too.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 5:08 AM, Jason McNeil said:
Good point, these are the changes they're working on for inclusion in the final production release.

1) Shell at the bottom will be cut a little, current one too close to the ground  
2) Pillar, we will revise to Ninebot Z10 style 
3) Add brake light + turning light
4) Make the shell which with LED underneath transparent to make the LED more bright. 

@Jason McNeil they also need a cutout on the shell to easily reach the tire valve for inflating.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Flying W said:

I'd be climbing the walls!

I'm not tech savvy enough but I'm sure someone here could make a map that members could add themselves to if they have an extra wheel for other members to borrow if they are in town. 

Friends dont let friends go 3 months without wheeling :thumbup:

I am in Mexico fleeing the cold. I have not seen a damn wheel here in PV...:wacko:

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:08 PM, Smoother said:

Maybe you need two accounts; one where you can voice your personal opinion about things and and one for your representative position.  Love to see both your accounts arguing with each other. 

Man...YES...thats the solution ;-) 

it is Pretty hard to "make a fist in the pocket" sometimes or bite on my tongue :-)

23 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

That 4-5 week estimate is wildly overoptimistic, production won't start till June, at least another month for deliveries.  

Yeah….4-5 weeks is speedyfeets "Standard writing" for pre.orders. Guess he has forgotten to put this away there.

Production is on June, exactly...

23 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

My Wish List for all future EUC's

My number #1 safety ask for all EUC's 
1) Bluetooth output for warnings and messages.  This would allow them to be connected and directed to smart phones and then redirected to another Bluetooth output device such an external speaker (usually hangs on my backpack) or the bone conducting earphones I use or an intercom/music system in a motorcycle helmet (which typically offer more safety but restrict hearing) or even the wheels very own Bluetooth speakers or whatever.  

The KS wheels do that...just choose voice on the app and all wheel Messages/Alarms will be going over the Wheel Speakers and that VERY, very loud.

2) Proper outputs from the iOS app to Apple Watch (current Speed -for legal reasons -, current battery, current AMP drawl, warnings - just fine if this is swipe to switch between).  Make Wheelog obsolete please.

KS has just released their new app, which has a ton of statistic Information and so...unfortunatly i dont know About AppleWatch plans now...

3) User Adjustable Headlight - these are vehicles time to make them safer.

Allread on the whishlist and reported to KS

4) Proper Break Light visible to cars - same side comment.

KS wheels have rear AND break Lights?

5) Turn signals, triggered by lean, would be splended - same side comment.

6) Spin cut off (ideally a button as I've never trusted automatic sensors) 
KS with retractable Trolley probably will not have a electrified button under the handle...wires would be in the way of the trolley locks.

But: the actual sensor works really perfect, i use it every day on commuting! (not biased! :-) )
7) Better side lighting (the automatic red on the sides for stopping on the Tesla was amazing).

As others said: Legal issues in some countrys...

8) Enough of a hole space on the wheel rim for a bike lock to fit through:

Does not fit on a 16inch as no space is there, this is needed for the motor..but the space is there on the 18inch KS wheels

9) Easy tire inflation process - be nice not to require value extender, because proper tire pressure should be done every ride given we only have one tire and it is everything on these vehicles.
10) Voltage battery indicator (way more useful and informative than bars).  Would also be good if it was activated and showing information during charging.
Yeah, understandable from pro user sight...but brings cost up again, this all can be done by app?!
11) The power button should be a real power interrupt so that the EUC does not deplete when off.  It should also be out of the way so as not to be inadvertently used during normal activities.
The only Wheel that really has a serious Depletion Problem is the Z10...this all is no Problem on the KS or GW's, after a half year not more than 3-5% should miss.

This very small 3-5% Depletion for a half year you will Always have…. as it is a MUST to monitor/BMS the cells….

12) Better uses configuration options on the feedback and petal feel

13) Optional protective padded cover (as the InMotion people offer)

14) Better circuit and wheel self-protection (melted parts should not happen, at a minimum fuses could be used).
Allready on all KS wheels! Before a board/battery will burn or melt fuses will be triggered
15) Targeted at Anglo sized users carrying extra payload of things like protective gear, water, and backpacks full of groceries (120KG doesn't leave  lot of safety padding for a 200 pound rider - especially for curb drops and such).
16) As small and light as is feasible given the tire, motor, and batteries - might be time to look at some new materials 
Batterys used are already those with best weight/Energy Ratio....honestly i cant see where we can make lot of weigth without exponential cost Explosion?
17) Upgraded Chargers.  I don't mind paying a separate & fee extra for this.

Hmmh...the chargers on the wheels are for best longevity and best cell balancing. Fast chargers are not that optimal for daily use, put a higher resistance on the packs while charging……. and to be honest, switchable chargers are a-not good Quality or b-much, much to expensive to deliver with the wheels

Wow...thats a Long wishlist :-) Thanks for providing some ideas!

I have made my comments directly above…...

Where i have made no comments...i reported that wishes!

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

@US69 view a long wishlist as a great thing.

KS is getting input from many users because KS listen. This should mean a new KS wherl comes into considerations for more users. 

And thank you once again for collecting wishes and giving insight with answers. I really appreciate the answers you give and the time you take yo do this.

Right now my spring (or might turn out to become summer) buy is in-between KS18XL or KS16X. 

As prototype is finalized I am sure last details will be released so I can make a final decision. Right now I lean very heavy towards KS16X. 

I do hope they decide to create a whrels that can support a seat and make a seat as an option at least.

Now I just need to book a late summer vacation at work. To match the summer release (hopefully). On the other hand I do hope KS will postpone if wheel development drags out rather a rushed unfinished release.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@US69 view a long wishlist as a great thing.

KS is getting input from many users because KS listen. This should mean a new KS wherl comes into considerations for more users. 

And thank you once again for collecting wishes and giving insight with answers. I really appreciate the answers you give and the time you take yo do this.

Right now my spring (or might turn out to become summer) buy is in-between KS18XL or KS16X. 

As prototype is finalized I am sure last details will be released so I can make a final decision. Right now I lean very heavy towards KS16X. 

I do hope they decide to create a whrels that can support a seat and make a seat as an option at least.

Now I just need to book a late summer vacation at work. To match the summer release (hopefully). On the other hand I do hope KS will postpone if wheel development drags out rather a rushed unfinished release.

Again: thanks for the Flowers! As this is still just a -unpayed- Hobby for me....i nonetheless do my best to Keep up with all the communities and growing KS Wheel owner base :-)

When i  saw the first 16X Wheel photos and videos...my -really- very first idea was that with the surfaces beside the trolley the 16X would be optimal for a seat!

And so yes, i allready worked heavily to bring KS to produce one….but unfortunatly it will be as Always: We will see how the KS boss decides :-) 

Perhaps @Jason McNeil can push them in a 16X seat direction, also...he has the best influence in my view!

Edited by US69
  • Like 2

I'm not sure how much any Chinese company listens to us in the west.  I've said it before, bey recently Jeremy Clarkson (late of Top Gear and currently on The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime)

while on assignment in China said (and this is a quote because I wrote it down):

"The Chinese don't care what we think, because they look at us like we look at cows.  We're just big daft things standing around, but instead of milk, we give them luggage and watches."

Still, we can hope.

@US69  @Mike Paolini suggests

1 hour ago, US69 said:

8) Enough of a hole space on the wheel rim for a bike lock to fit through:

But how about a hole, or a steel loop on the body of the wheel that one can pass a beefy motorcycle lock/chain combination through.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2