KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

36 minutes ago, seage said:

Haha, honestly. But on the upside, passed 200km on the wheel today! Learning to ride a bit faster now. But i wont hijack this thread with that stuff.

After seeing the specs and riding my own 16, i think id still go for that 18xl...unless i win that contest LOL. But man, how can folks go 40km+ on a 16 inch wheel?

easy, i just wish it wasnt a 3" tire i love the thinner 2.125" for its nimbleness

25 minutes ago, seage said:

I want to ride with you, but im also scared of you. You want nimbleness....at 40kmph....i want an immovable tank. Like a bigger z10. I want to need to throw another mans body to get the force to turn the wheel, lmao. 

haha, oh nah stability is boooring xD i like something exhilarating.. under 40 and i can fall asleep while riding, almost have a few times at 4 am lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smoother said:

Since we're talking lighting; how about a light that actually throws some sort of focused beam like on road legal vehicles, rather than the generic flashlight "all blinded" circle. Something that throws some of the light at the ground immediately in front of the wheel would also be nice for obstruction identification.

Oh yes, a lens! Something that limits the beam pointing upwards, yet widely illuminates the ground.

@Smoother, the MSX has a very focused beam. But it is too focused, I couldn’t see a bambi standing right next to the road until it jumped and ran right past the front of me. Quite a pulse-riser. I soon replaced the LED for a wider beam, and it’s great now. 

6 hours ago, seage said:

Yeah, no one told me about the weak handle until the 2nd one broke on my 2nd time picking it up, dropping my 16s directly on the top of my foot - fracturing it a few weeks ago XD.

What, really? Oh come on. That is slapstick level of nasty :cry2: I assume there is no secret meaning of "fractured" that isn't "broken bone"?

Your high cautiousness makes more sense with that context. Maybe steel-toed work boots will be the next protective gear trend...

-

Anyways, 16X. The extra bass speaker is a cool idea. They seem to consequently go with the mobile speaker idea, just like with the big speakers in the 18(X)L.

• Like 1

@US69 I think you are doing a great job as KS Soc. Rep. I just hoped that people knew a little more of that they are asking. 

Construction changes and innovations takes time. This wheel will proberly not get any major overhaul. Also there is a huge difference from constructive suggestions, ideas, request and demard. 

In short if you have something you don't like on a new wheen you as customer must desice id that is a dealbreaker or not. I can say I have my KS18L and it is growing on me every day. 

I have tested a Z10 recenstly I can't master that wheel, it show potential. But there is a MAJOR differance to )B and Kingsong approch, so my money do not hold a )B logo. I can't see it will happen in any near furture. I like what I have from Kingsong and how they are listning and try to filter noise out of what is feasable and constructive. 

Still doing great @US69 and I am a happy customer that really appciate your effords. And of course the dealers that help Kingsong develop, like @Jason McNeil (e.g Largge pedels)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Oh yes, a lens! Something that limits the beam pointing upwards, yet widely illuminates the ground.

@Smoother, the MSX has a very focused beam. But it is too focused, I couldn’t see a bambi standing right next to the road until it jumped and ran right past the front of me. Quite a pulse-riser. I soon replaced the LED for a wider beam, and it’s great now. 

Yeah, but my complete sentence said:

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

how about a light that actually throws some sort of focused beam like on road legal vehicles

A light designed with the beam of a road legal vehicle would have shown you Bambi in all his splendor.;)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Yeah, but my complete sentence said:

A light designed with the beam of a road legal vehicle would have shown you Bambi in all his splendor.;)

Ah, sorry, I misread.

Thinking about the front light in the 16S, it is positioned quite high, and the shell shape makes it point upwards. Points of concern, but hopefully they figure it all out well.

@Mike Paolini I really like your 1) suggestion.

I use a FF MC helmet with added BT comms headset. It would be nice to get warnings and maybe like 10kmh 20kmh 30kmh call outs as ypu accelerate or break. 

And I do hope they decide to option a seat and cover as well. Would be great to get a wireless display option too. By this I mean a special linked display with smart watch like function but for wheel and gps tracking only. It would make battery draining app less needed and should be easier to fit on equipment when wearing wristguards. Or as a neckless like device.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great list, which of course will never happen :D

Now pick 3 as the most important.

Easy:

1  (Safety)

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

1) Bluetooth output for warnings and messages.  This would allow them to be connected and directed to smart phones and then redirected to another Bluetooth output device such an external speaker (usually hangs on my backpack) or the bone conducting earphones I use or an intercom/music system in a motorcycle helmet (which typically offer more safety but restrict hearing) or even the wheels very own Bluetooth speakers or whatever.  

2 (Safety) 

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

15) Targeted at Anglo sized users carrying extra payload of things like protective gear, water, and backpacks full of groceries (120KG doesn't leave  lot of safety padding for a 200 pound rider - especially for curb drops and such).

3 ) Legal compliance and Safety 

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

2) Proper outputs from the iOS app to Apple Watch (current Speed -for legal reasons -, current battery, current AMP drawl, warnings - just fine if this is swipe to switch between).  Make Wheelog obsolete please.

• Like 2

I@Mike Paolini @Unventor

#1 partly already exists. If you use DarknessBot with an IPhone you can set one speed alarm that can be heard as a loud phone ring or threw ear buds or bluetooth headset. It also works while music is playing. The alarm simply wathches the speedometer and alarms when it reaches your set speed. Note: It does not changes with each wheel. It is a set speed for you.

Hear in the US you can get used phones and devices cheap at a pawn shop. Just need wifi to set up. (at least with DarknessBot) 

15 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Lutalo I can't be the only one who thinks this is by far their best looking wheel to date. Hahahaha

I kind of liked the old 18" KS look, although no idea how practical (probably not? :P) it was...

ks-18a.jpg

• Like 3