KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

That sounds nasty. Where did you my medical records from anyway?

The EUC is now a natural part of you 😁 

But don't worry, you are not alone 😎

Edited by Unventor

On 4/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, US69 said:

For release date: First production run is planned for June...so its questionable if it will be allready available in June in Europe...depends on choosed transport and also if everything works as exspected.

@Unventor No, no news to tell, when i got some, i will release here and in the KS Facebook groups directly.

To the seat, i can‘t tell exactly if it will happen, and if so, how it will happen. Unfortunatly on a poll in the KS group there where a LOT nay sayers to a optional seat. Sure, some more which would want a seat, but surprising lots of no interest.

This may have countered the work that @Jason McNeil and i did, to convince KS that a seat on the top of the 16X would be perfect and would also make it outstanding to the 18Xl. Actually KS management is on a promo tour, so no news in the next days....

I have no interest in a seat, BUT, I definitely would pay for a cover for my KS18L at a modest price including shipping.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I see lots of ~40-ft sailboats that have general purposes TV's on board, along misc other electronics. I wonder if they are failing all the time (I bet they don't).

Mass produced quality (*knock on wood*) electronics where the consequences of slow failure are just that it doesn't work one day, or electronics sold for marine use

vs.

EUC manufacturer quality electronics where the consequences of failure are a cut-out or a burning boat (I guess it could happen, however unlikely).

I'd rather be safe than sorry:efee47c9c8:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Metal corrodes because of exposure to salt water. I don't believe it corrodes due to high humidity. Think about the massive amounts of electronics on cruise ships. I'm sure if he stores it within the cabin somewhere it'll be fine, without having to worry about airtight enclosures.

Cruise ships electronics are far far faaaar away from the water, unlike on a sailboat with the constant spray from the waves etc. It's just that a people showed (cheap) steel cutlery starting to rust almost immediately (in a drawer inside the boat), and I figured a "quality" Gotway board (or equivalent, Kingsong, ..., you name it) would probably do exactly the same.

Still just my theory. Would be interesting to hang an old board on the boat and see how it looks after x days. Unfortunately I threw my old one away or would have sent it towards the Netherlands:efee8319ab:

And maybe airtight is too much. But I'd certainly store a EUC in a plastic container with a clip on lid or a sealed plastic bag, and possibly put that in a metal pan so any possible fire (however unlikely) can't jump to the boat proper, and can maybe be extinguished by flooding it (cool down a burning battery fire to stop further ignition of the electrolyte).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

Put something like a large battery safe box similar to what hobbyists use to charge batteries on deck of boat, attach box to catapult, connect up fire sensor, put euc in box to charge.

Fire starts, catapult launches that bitch off the boat, now it's the ocean's problem to deal with

Rube Goldberg it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Mass produced quality (*knock on wood*) electronics where the consequences of slow failure are just that it doesn't work one day, or electronics sold for marine use

vs.

EUC manufacturer quality electronics where the consequences of failure are a cut-out or a burning boat (I guess it could happen, however unlikely).

I'd rather be safe than sorry:efee47c9c8:

Cruise ships electronics are far far faaaar away from the water, unlike on a sailboat with the constant spray from the waves etc. It's just that a people showed (cheap) steel cutlery starting to rust almost immediately (in a drawer inside the boat), and I figured a "quality" Gotway board (or equivalent, Kingsong, ..., you name it) would probably do exactly the same.

Still just my theory. Would be interesting to hang an old board on the boat and see how it looks after x days. Unfortunately I threw my old one away or would have sent it towards the Netherlands:efee8319ab:

And maybe airtight is too much. But I'd certainly store a EUC in a plastic container with a clip on lid or a sealed plastic bag, and possibly put that in a metal pan so any possible fire (however unlikely) can't jump to the boat proper, and can maybe be extinguished by flooding it (cool down a burning battery fire to stop further ignition of the electrolyte).

I see that @captainwells is around right now. He has/is storing wheels on his boat. Jason, if you see this post, do you have any input on storing EUCs on boats?

The sea air is horrible on unprotected metal.  Look under a car that has live in a seaside town and the rust underneath is horrendous.  Electronics are usually fine because they are built to Auto industry standards, which are high, although exposed metal contacts like where a bulb screws into it's holder, can corrode and break the electric current.

On a small sail boat things get damp quickly, it's almost a constant battle to keep the cabin humidity down.

I think @meepmeepmayer s concerns are valid (given the critical function of EUC electrics).  FYI @Marty Backe I'm a bit of an armchair sailor, and almost every first person sailing book I have ever read usually includes a sentence like this, within a few days of the boat going to sea; "today the radar stopped working", "today the radio went on the blink" "last night the chart plotter stopped working " etc etc.  The sea is a really hostile environment for metals and electronics. And that's stuff designed, built, and sold, for life at sea 

PS I've done some sailing too, including 6 days crossing the Gulf of Mexico from Key West to Houston, it's not all book knowledge.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Bluefield said:

Hello Rywokast,   I am new to the EUC community . Just got my first wheel last week. A NineBot One S2

I chose it as it seemed and is well suited for a 'beginner'.

I like it. I was able to master it in just a hours as I had experience on a 'manual peddle unicycle'.

I am traveling/sailing around the world and the light weight/portability of the NineBot One S2 , to and from my sailboat, is easy. But with that said, I am already shopping for a long distance and fast EUC cruiser. I can lower a heavier EUC into my dinghy via electric winch.  --- The KingSong 16X looks like a solution.  But your comment which suggested a Tesla or RockWheel V.3 got me thinking. I have  concerns about build quality. And my current impressions from reading reviews is that Gotway has left many riders unhappy with poor quality.   The RockWheel has VERY limited reviews, but I like the weight, speed and distance specs.  I would very much appreciate any input you have on the RockWheel. ... or any of your thoughts concerning an EUC for my criteria/lifestyle. ------------ The NineBot Z10 keeps buzz'n in my head also.   

Cheers,

Cameron

long have the days passed where gotways are of a poor build quality... they will never match kingsong or inmotion but they are perfectly good and safe in every way from everything starting with the tesla.. so new v3s+, acm2 tesla motor, tesla, mcm5, new 84 volt monster, 100v monster, msx.. and probably nikola.. the build quality of the rockwheel in the v3 version which is all you can buy now is actually quite good.. besides the lack of waterproofing i would put the v3 rockwheel on par with current gotway euc's, it is extremely compact for what you get, much more so than the tesla.. but the tesla will be much more waterproof.. mcm5 would also be a good choice but the battery is a bit smaller and due to the smaller wheel you wont be able to go as fast or for as long as the tesla or rockwheel.. as far as lightweight mcm5, tesla, rockwheel and possibly 16s (if 35 kph is acceptable) are all great wheels.. the 16s is the best build quality by a long shot, tesla is fastest, rockwheel most compact without waterproofing, mcm5 is basically a mini tesla.. anything else that could be considered fast or long distance in any way would definitely be pushing the 50 lb mark which is by no means light to carry around, this definitely includes the 16x which is very tall, and very heavy (basically same size and weight as 18 xl) the ninebot z10 i wouldnt really recommend unless you have a few wheels and you want it for a specific purpose... its extremely heavy and cumbersome, battery isnt the best esp for the weight.. with the new update it is very fast now, but it is also very different fro any other euc and will take a lot of getting used to and be really weird when transitioning from it to another wheel or vice versa unless you have a ton of eucs and are very experienced... i would actually say the rockwheel is the best all around one of these listed if it werent for the lack of waterproofing, though without too much trouble this is something you could add yourself.. or simply put a nylon backpack rain cover over it when you ride in the rain haha.. because of this i believe the tesla to be the best all around of these but it is quite tall so thats something that will take a little bit of adjustment, unlike the 16s or mcm5

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Will Verine Robinson said:

Does that mean it's theoretically possible to replace a broken KS16S handle with one with a lift sensor? Or will it have no port to plug into the board?

theoretically yes.. but im not sure if it would require a new board or not, that would be something you would have to ask jason at ewheels as im fairly certain he was the one who initiated that and thats the only place you can get it currently... something tells me that you could connect it to the existing board though, and the firmware is the same so that further solidifies my thoughts.. but i cant be positive

2 hours ago, captainwells said:

I've been using EUCs on my boat since 2015. It's been great - a real game changer! The small size (relative to a bicycle or scooter) makes them much easier to stow and a lot more convenient to transport from ship to shore via dinghy. I've covered thousands of miles exploring various islands. Many fellow boaters have recognized and commented on the advantages of owning an EUC while cruising, but I have yet to see anyone else on one.

I've stored Ninebot, Gotway, and Kingsong EUCs on my boat for years without incident (except for that time an inexperienced crew member rode one off the dock).  I keep them in storage compartments below deck and I don't charge them unattended, but other than that I haven't taken any special precautions.  I'd be somewhat concerned about condensation forming in an airtight container.

I utilize all of the same consumer electronics onboard as I do at home and I haven't noticed a higher failure rate for indoor items.  Above deck is a different story and I've replaced some items (like speakers) multiple times.

Of course, your mileage may vary and I am not an expert.  It might be interesting to dissect one of my older EUCs to observe the extent to which I'm rolling the dice, but then again, aren't we all?

Fantastic. I love first hand accounts of the real-world.

You're ending comment is gold :D

6 hours ago, Bluefield said:

My GF and I made these plans together.  But , sadly , she was a victim in a fatal surfing accident.  

Oh dear, that's terrible. My commiserations. Don't worry about derailing the thread, it's unavoidable. Happens all the time.

I've Started "The Globetrotting EUC" Thread for you to post in and other mobile EUCers like Motorhomes, etc.  Once a thread is started, the OP loses control of it so feel free to post away with your globetrotting info, questions, etc.

• Like 1

Looks like there will be a 1300Wh option, too. It will be the same weight as the 1600Wh as it's the same number of cells, just a different type.

Found here: 

From personal experience, I urge everyone to buy the 1600Wh right away. The extra price will be worth it.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks like there will be a 1300Wh option, too. It will be the same weight as the 1600Wh as it's the same number of cells, just a different type.

Found here: 

From personal experience, I urge everyone to buy the 1600Wh right away. The extra price will be worth it.

anything under the max is a waste of money imo, not to mention terrible for resale value

• Upvote 2

So is it time for Kingsong to release some Easter Egg info about the KS16X @US69 and @Jason McNeil? 😎

I couldn't help asking. So long to July/August release. 😔

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am sooo looking forward to that KS16X. 😍🤩

Sadly my expectations are so high that I am bound to be somewhat disappointed 🙄

But still I hope the wheel is going to be amazing. 

I also hope we get a bit more (all) details soon fro. KS or @US69 or @Jason McNeil or another dealer. 

And of course a reliable eta on first delivery/sale. Meaning the production has started and rolling on with approved on all quality control checks.

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am sooo looking forward to that KS16X. 😍🤩

Sadly my expectations are so high that I am bound to be somewhat disappointed 🙄

But still I hope the wheel is going to be amazing. 

I also hope we get a bit more (all) details soon fro. KS or @US69 or @Jason McNeil or another dealer. 

And of course a reliable eta on first delivery/sale. Meaning the production has started and rolling on with approved on all quality control checks.

I'm very interested in that KingSong 16X !!!

I will be watching any news, to find out if this can be my upgrade wheel :)

Guest PogArt Artur
6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

KS has promised to ship out a preproduction sample in the next couple weeks. It's schedule will start out with Marty in LA, then make it's way East Coast.

That's great!