KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

45 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I love all the surface finishes of the Z10. KingSong probably wouldn't like to be told to emulate a competitor, but the Z10 finishes are hard to beat. Tell them to stay away from the Gotway carbon-fiber look. That's my 2-cents.

I second that!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Question to the forum:
KS are reviewing the possibility of changing the texture finish of the outer body panels to a faux carbon-fiber, ala Z10. What are you thoughts? Would you prefer this to the plain finish in the 3D renders?

Ninebot-One-Z-Z6-Z8-Z10-18-Inch-Electric-Unicycle-1000wh-Battery-1800watts-Power-One-Wheel-Scooter-Free-Shipping.jpg

Hmmmmm..  I really like the design of the z10, so it could work. 

927839913_16xcarbonweb.jpg.2af357ddcb7288e2e7e0051fa22e2df5.jpg

Edited by 67SS
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 67SS said:

ick, hate the carbon fibre look personally, on anything.. matte black rubber will always be sexy though :p

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 67SS said:

That looks more like fabric than carbon fiber.  But...I like the idea.  Interchangeable (Velcro) padded fabric panels in  a range of designs, much like those Ninebot skins you see all over eBay.

Cammo? you got it.

Barbi pink? No problem

A range of bold colors? sure.

Patterns? why not? even Burberry? absolutely.

You want more women to adopt the sport? give them design options to express themselves.

Burbury:

burberry-icon-scarf-20781782-0-1.jpg

EDIT

If I knew anything about "photoshopping" things I'd take the above 16x photos and insert some sample of what I'm imagining.  I really think interchangeable side panels would be a great tool for people to customize their wheels; not only once but as their tastes, or circumstances changed.

Moods:

Stealthy night ride: remove pads exposing black plastic underneath.

Summertime beach cruising: Turquoise pads to match the sea

Crazy group ride:  Cool grafiti or pop art design

Lend to the WAGs (wives and girlfriends): Something to match her sneakers or purse. or hat, or, or, or

We don't wear the same clothes every day, so why should our wheels?

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

On 3/21/2019 at 9:13 PM, RockyTop said:

As @houseofjob hinted at the motor noise is created by the control board. The motor is just the drum that the board plays the whining  music on. The KS boards do many great things. The noise is the side effect.

I have changed many motor controllers on larger motors that have drastically changed the sounds of the motor. Some even sound like rice crispy’s or radeo static. 

I've often wondered about this. Is it the fundamental PWM-frequency "playing back" on the coils, or a subharmonic of it, or something else?

• Like 1

@Jason McNeil Isn't the Nikola 17x3 whereas the KS16X is 16x3? Also, isn't the Nikola expected to be a bit faster? 45 or 50kph for the KS16X and ~55kph for the Nikola (essentially the same just with no hard limit)?

Also, that's quite a difference in pedal ground clearance! Will it really be that big, or might they have measured differently?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yeah, awaiting for specifics on the exact tire model number for each Wheel. My 16X order was contingent on a 50kph cruising speed (standard 200km unlock business), Linnea confirmed the Nikola is the same. 

31 mph - at least I now have a clue as to what my manner of death is going to be :-P

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I made the decision for the KS16X as well.   Tough decision given that I was leaning towards an 18XL, but the 16X is beautiful and checks every box for me.  Hope the final product is everything it promises to be!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

My 16X order was contingent on a 50kph cruising speed (standard 200km unlock business),

Does this mean Kingsong might have 16x's out there through other dealers (speedyfeet, alie, etc) that will have a lower locked top speed of 45kph.

Or was it pretty much, "hey if you can't hit these specs it's not worth it for me to sell your wheel as it likely won't sell well." and so they are making sure they can safely do the 50kph like @US69 mentioned earlier they were hoping to hit.

Sounds like it's now guaranteed they will hit that if they want you carrying the wheel which is nice.  Thanks for pushing for that.

BTW, do you know if the procedure for changing the tire will be as similarly simple as it is on the 16s(remove some screws and pop the whole shell off without having to split the shells and undo wires and a bunch of other crap)?  If so, considering what a nuisance it looks to be to do a tire change on the Nikola, well, I think King Song has the better wheel here and I would be hard pressed to go for the nikola over the 16x., especially given the same price point basically.

Looks like King Song has a winner here

Edited by Heyzeus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm a bit disappointed in Gotway now. Their first-iteration amateurish design is a bit lame in comparison for a +2000 moneys wheel. Usually they always had some kind of ace in the hole, but now I don't see one.

Looking forward to see Marty compare how the wheels really ride when both are released

Me too 

Wil have to wait the usual 3 months after production and release while reading lots of reviews before i commit to buying one of these wheels

But at this point in time ,thinking i will be buying my 1st Kingsong :unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

I've ordered. I'm hoping that I'm in the first 50, but I know that there will be at least one person  ahead of me (@Marty Backe *cough*).

I have too many wheels :(