KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Not again....

Definition: noise is some thing bad. 

However motor sounds is normally not noise. Like a us muscle car with a V8 petrol engine...it can be noise, it a great sound.

That is how I feel about my KS18L...it emits sounds, that tellse the wheel is alive. Swooping around on the EUC is in general emiting low sounds compared to other motor based transports.

Yes, motor sounds can be good. KingSong motor sounds are annoying. Personally, I don't need a super quiet wheel, but I'd rather not have an annoying one. The best sounding motor I've ever heard is my ACM2 - it has this smooth warbling sound which is pleasant (and cool IMO). The KS18XL is a noisy whine.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@Rehab1 speaking of mudguard/fender design for KS16X it look like a spare part you need to buy in 10 pcs  bundles.

Looks like easy to get damaged on a wheel that is partly targeted towards off road and trail rides. Unless it is made in rubberised material.

But I guess that concerns has been raised already @US69?

There is a plethora of plastic compositions out there, some of it proprietary, that would be able to withstand extreme deformation without fracturing when subjected to stress, strains or loads. Hopefully some of the new wheels coming to market would incorporate these attibutes. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I must say i like the sound of my wheel, and it also makes people hear me when i come i notice that quite often, which is good because they step aside.

I not saying anyone should dislike their own wheel sound. But historically, people (myself included) have complained about the whine emanating from our wheels. For those people, they will want to know that KingSong is not keeping up with the competition. Likewise, if someone likes the whining sound, they'll love the newest KingSong wheels :D

6 hours ago, seage said:

Your wheel sounds like a cat trying to speak, lmao. Its the warbling that reminded me, hahaha

Hmm so you are asking to get the Hello Kingsong power on message back? Or did this take a detour away from KS16X topic here.. Lets ask google map😁 yep not on the charts :whistling: 

Funny and odd creatures, cats in general.

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Hmm so you are asking to get the Hello Kingsong power on message back? Or did this take a detour away from KS16X topic here.. Lets ask google map😁 yep not on the charts :whistling: 

Funny and odd creatures, cats in general.

at least they kept "BLUH-TOOTH... IS OFF!"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

@Rehab1 speaking of mudguard/fender design for KS16X it look like a spare part you need to buy in 10 pcs  bundles.

Looks like easy to get damaged on a wheel that is partly targeted towards off road and trail rides. Unless it is made in rubberised material.

But I guess that concerns has been raised already @US69?

It is made in a soft/rubberized material.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Smoother said:

he can communicate normally in English

Oh Smoothie, you flatter me! Mind if I use that quote in my dating profile and job applications? :roflmao:

On subject, ”noise” is any sound that is disturbing to the listener in question. For the ”KS whine”, it is such for a lot of people. Especially now that other wheels are a lot quieter, one knows that the noise doesn’t have to be there. But it still is. The noise.

16 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Hey Jason, do I get any commission on my rear fender ?;) 

47430292841_3196ddfd16_b.jpg

47430292931_7c766efaae_b.jpg

32488529127_a6849884ac_b.jpg

I need this fender.. where can i get this from please?

• Like 1

Just now, stephen said:

I think it's the z10 cut down 

So this is a one off? Can't be bought? Plus need bigger pedals on the z10. Hoping the KS16X has bigger 18XL pedals.

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

I need this fender.. where can i get this from please?

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I think it's the z10 cut down 

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

So this is a one off? Can't be bought? Plus need bigger pedals on the z10. Hoping the KS16X has bigger 18XL pedals.

Stephen is correct. I trimmed down the original Z’s mud guard. You can easily make a template out of thin plastic or cardboard and experiment with a design that suits you. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The pedal bracket is being redesigned with magnets, instead of spring-loaded lock into position of the current KS wheels. This means that the XL pedal will not be compatible on the 16X :(; however, the new pedal length will be just 1cm shorter than the 25cm on the XL. 

Question to the forum:
KS are reviewing the possibility of changing the texture finish of the outer body panels to a faux carbon-fiber, ala Z10. What are you thoughts? Would you prefer this to the plain finish in the 3D renders?

Ninebot-One-Z-Z6-Z8-Z10-18-Inch-Electric-Unicycle-1000wh-Battery-1800watts-Power-One-Wheel-Scooter-Free-Shipping.jpg

To me this it no other than fantastic news @Jason McNeil 

I mean being 16" this sounds to best compromise between larger than stand old style pedals and risk of scraping. Luckily I only have a size 7.5 UK/8 US/40 EU size feet.

The new texture should hide dust and minor scratches better. I have never been a fan of glossy finish. If I could decide I think a brushed aluminium or titanium look is the prettiest and more practical finish. Like you see on elder B&O hi-fi.

I would however purchase a V8 or V10f style cover if Kingsong were to make something similar for reasonable price (without billboard size logos, small logo fine).

@Jason McNeil ang @US69 do you know if trolley is planed as a 2 step locking one similar to KS18XL v3 stems or as I would prefer a 1 step stronger stem design with less play and thicker materials? 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 3:30 PM, Rehab1 said:

Hey Jason, do I get any commission on my rear fender ?;) 

47430292841_3196ddfd16_b.jpg

Looks like KS took inspiration from other Ninebot products too...

Edited by Michael Tucker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

The pedal bracket is being redesigned with magnets, instead of spring-loaded lock into position of the current KS wheels. This means that the XL pedal will not be compatible on the 16X :(; however, the new pedal length will be just 1cm shorter than the 25cm on the XL. 

Question to the forum:
KS are reviewing the possibility of changing the texture finish of the outer body panels to a faux carbon-fiber, ala Z10. What are you thoughts? Would you prefer this to the plain finish in the 3D renders?

Ninebot-One-Z-Z6-Z8-Z10-18-Inch-Electric-Unicycle-1000wh-Battery-1800watts-Power-One-Wheel-Scooter-Free-Shipping.jpg

@Jason McNeil, I think whatever they do they should avoid glossy black. Matte black with select hilites in carbon fiber would look good.

• Like 2

As @houseofjob hinted at the motor noise is created by the control board. The motor is just the drum that the board plays the whining  music on. The KS boards do many great things. The noise is the side effect.

I have changed many motor controllers on larger motors that have drastically changed the sounds of the motor. Some even sound like rice crispy’s or radeo static. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Michael Hernandez said:

Looks like KS took inspiration from other Ninebot products too...Xiaomi-Ninebot-ES2-by-igeekphone-5-702x336.jpg.455f7f38aa3fae6601a33294eb11d171.jpg

I like the added a red reflective sticker on it. Saves me the trouble 😄

Now it only need a white on the front. Bicycle law for road compliance in Denmark and Sweden too.

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Question to the forum:

I love all the surface finishes of the Z10. KingSong probably wouldn't like to be told to emulate a competitor, but the Z10 finishes are hard to beat. Tell them to stay away from the Gotway carbon-fiber look. That's my 2-cents.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Question to the forum:

If you haven't already, you should make this into a poll.  Three questions; the two you have already, and "both" if a choice is an option.  If you're too busy, let me know and I'll do it.