KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

7 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I love how you guys matter-of-factly reply to a sarcastic post - with good info:thumbup:

For sure, they can’t help themselves. The knowledge is there and it’s got to be told.:D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ecodrift seems to have confirmed that the KS16x production may have been suspended as a result of motor problems.. bad news for Kingsong.. if it is true..  can someone confirm?

i believe ecodrift should be releasing a video on their YouTube channel. Subscribe if you haven’t already. 

D1616ED4-3AD5-4FD1-AF0A-5694F7C20E84.png

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow!   That would be a big blow for Kingsong given that Gotway basically gave them a ton of potential sales with the Nikola debacle.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

The message from the chat said a YouTube video of the motor issue will be out soon from ecodrift, not a write up. I assume the issue with the motor was found after this write up. Let’s wait and see.. 

oh my god wtf is with these euc manufacturers... rip summer 2019 lol, why the hell couldnt they have just gone with the tried and true 2000 watt motor as if thats not enough power for anyone especially on a 16" wheel just had to go and change it last minute lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Afeez Kay said:

The message from the chat said a YouTube video of the motor issue will be out soon from ecodrift, not a write up. I assume the issue with the motor was found after this write up. Let’s wait and see.. 

It might be the issue housekofjob had where it shook at high speed like in his vid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Am i the only one who will absolutely NEVER buy another first run EUC ... lol   i think after all this you'd need your head examined to spend 2000+ $ on a wheel until its been out at least 6-9 months with no issues!!!!!!!!!

I think alot of us are inpatient and it depends if you've bought it from a reliable seller who can handle the problems, i don't think i could wait that long

1 hour ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Am i the only one who will absolutely NEVER buy another first run EUC ... lol   i think after all this you'd need your head examined to spend 2000+ $ on a wheel until its been out at least 6-9 months with no issues!!!!!!!!!

Maybe 😉

On the other hand some of us don't pust the wheel to its limits nor request move move speed as ultimatum for buying a wheel. Had people not demanded 50kmh speed I think it would be unlikely KS would have change motor. 

However speculation... I rather they sort out as many problems as possible. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Gotway: "LOL we put glue on our mosfets!"

Kingsong: "LOL see you in 2020!"

9B : "LOL see you 2030 and bring a powerbank" 

Inmotion: "Stay in San Diego or wear a raincoat" 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 1:50 AM, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Yes, I do need my head examined... from my perspective, I preordered the Raptor 2.0 in December 2017. While waiting I ordered and received, the Backfire2 and Ranger X1. Then in September 2018, Enertion said hey we have the 2.1 ready you can upgrade if you are willing to wait. 20% restock fee if I cancel my order. So, I waited till Feb 2019 to get the Raptor 2.1, Yes, that's 1 year and 3 months of waiting and fully paid for. I should be shot.

At least eWheel is not asking for the full amount upfront and I can get my money back any time and it is only a 2 month ish wait and one year warranty in the U.S.  KS16X is $600 more than KS16S. I figured I don't need a collection of Wheels like I did with the eSkateboards.  Only getting ONE. LOL

Edited by DragonFZ
Forgot more info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I figured I don't need a collection of Wheels like I did with the eSkateboards.  Only getting ONE. LOL

Good luck with that:D Though the 16X is going to be a perfect allrounder wheel, so you may have a relatively low urge to get more wheels. But lower than very high might still be too high to resist:D I recommend an mten3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Good luck with that:D Though the 16X is going to be a perfect allrounder wheel, so you may have a relatively low urge to get more wheels. But lower than very high might still be too high to resist:D I recommend an mten3.

Or a Monster

• Upvote 1