Jump to content
Jean Dublin

KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I’ll do better! $900, + reasonable shipping costs of course!

 .

Edited by Patton250

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now it's a For Sale Thread

🤐🤑🤑🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

And now it's a For Sale Thread

🤐🤑🤑🤑

Yep, I knew KS wheels are versatile, but this thread ...:blink: gives a new meaning to "jack of all trades"....

Edited by Unventor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Hmm, I see you’re unfamiliar with BMS. You do you.

For everyone else: the BMS is what handles charging and balancing. Both Kingsong inlets are connected in parallel and thus, to the same BMS units.

I’m not even going to address the “high risk” “battery imbalance” “face plant” argument. You’ve somehow misplaced the conclusion to a completely different root cause (people disconnecting their charger after the light goes green). 

Friendly advice is fine, but be aware of when you’re spreading nonsense and be prepared to be called out for it. 

BMS maybe a BS reason, but connecting two chargers is not a good idea. Unless they are perfect sources (balance), plus you are introducing ground loop.

From Quora 

Balancing power output is always a unknown path to problems. This is the same as having a power supply with two or more power transistors running in parallel, you need to balance the power and current through them. If you are talking about a DC 12V adapter or so, dealing with 1 or 2A of current each, I would suggest to not correct their wires exactly in parallel. Just use a low resistance resistor in series with each one before you connect the wires together. I would say 0.1 (zero point one) ohm, 1 Watt resistor in each adapter output, then correct the other side of the resistors together (parallel), it would be a better setup then just “parallel” the outputs. The resistors will create a kind of reference of each output for itself, instead of the voltage of one interfere with the control feedback of the other. It works better. Being low value (0.1) it will not interfere with the output voltage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

And now it's a For Sale Thread

🤐🤑🤑🤑

Deleted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LucasD said:

BMS maybe a BS reason, but connecting two chargers is not a good idea. Unless they are perfect sources (balance), plus you are introducing ground loop.

So why does King Song provide us with 2 charging ports.

Also plenty of people have already dual charged their euc's. How many issues arised from this?

 

11 minutes ago, LucasD said:

From Quora 

Balancing power output is always a unknown path to problems. This is the same as having a power supply with two or more power transistors running in parallel, you need to balance the power and current through them. If you are talking about a DC 12V adapter or so, dealing with 1 or 2A of current each, I would suggest to not correct their wires exactly in parallel. Just use a low resistance resistor in series with each one before you connect the wires together. 

Who says this isn't the case inside the wheel?

Also, who wrote this answer. Anyone can be an "authority" on Quora, and some people seem to make a full time job out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Patton250 said:

I think it would be very cool to watch your speed from your wrist. 

Darkness Bot works with an Apple Watch. I've been using it for a few weeks now. It will show things like speed, battery percentage, current ...

Edited by erk1024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LucasD said:

BMS maybe a BS reason, but connecting two chargers is not a good idea. Unless they are perfect sources (balance), plus you are introducing ground loop.

From Quora 

Balancing power output is always a unknown path to problems. This is the same as having a power supply with two or more power transistors running in parallel, you need to balance the power and current through them. If you are talking about a DC 12V adapter or so, dealing with 1 or 2A of current each, I would suggest to not correct their wires exactly in parallel. ...

That is true for constant voltage supplies. They cannot be put in parallel (just with some resistor inbetween ..)

But li ion chargers work as constant current supplies (at least while the first phase). There paralleling is no problem.

Probs could start at the CV phase, since both have different max voltages - so one charger would have to sink the current of the other. Which ?maybe some? swithched supplies do not like?

But since this paralleling is done since years with the charge doctor nothing happened it seems do be no prob?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because all EUC manufactures  are very low in electronics (look at multiple post). E.g. Live charge in ports of EUC instead of using diod to limit current in other direction, etc...

How many people ride like idiots with straight legs? It may be fine for few people, until some imbalance either brick charger or most likely burn something on your board...

P.S> Have you even heard of ground loops? And have any idea of polarity in electric sockets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chriull said:

That is true for constant voltage supplies. They cannot be put in parallel (just with some resistor inbetween ..)

But li ion chargers work as constant current supplies (at least while the first phase). There paralleling is no problem.

Probs could start at the CV phase, since both have different max voltages - so one charger would have to sink the current of the other. Which ?maybe some? swithched supplies do not like?

But since this paralleling is done since years with the charge doctor nothing happened it seems do be no prob?

Would not be suprised that charge doctor put some balancing circuits and if not the most likely point of failure would be charge doctor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chriull said:

But li ion chargers work as constant current supplies (at least while the first phase). There paralleling is no problem.

Probs could start at the CV phase, since both have different max voltages - so one charger would have to sink the current of the other. Which ?maybe some? swithched supplies do not like?

But are they li ion chargers? AFAIK they just output X volts and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tadas said:

2.5 hours for my KS18XL to balance just 1% imbalance

How did you figure that out? Is there a way to display the battery voltages? I know the OneWheel did this for a while before they removed the feature as it caused too many support calls (presumably).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LucasD said:

P.S> Have you even heard of ground loops? 

All the used chargers for EUCs are galvanicly isolated and have no grounding ("earth potential") for the output...

But wouldn't be too surprised if once a batch comes differently... But still would not matter if they put ground on the same output (logically ground/minus)

2 minutes ago, LucasD said:

Would not be suprised that charge doctor put some balancing circuits and if not the most likely point of failure would be charge doctor...

Would be confident that @hobby16 put some safeguards to his CD, if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

But are they li ion chargers? AFAIK they just output X volts and that's it.

The chargers supplied with the EUCs are all li ion chargers - start with cc phase and finish off with the cv phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chriull said:

The chargers supplied with the EUCs are all li ion chargers - start with cc phase and finish off with the cv phase.

So what you are saying is that I can't just take the plug, cut the cord and connect it to some random device that outputs a constant 84V to charge my wheel? So it's not the electronics inside the wheel that do the CV/CC switching?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

So what you are saying is that I can't just take the plug, cut the cord and connect it to some random device that outputs a constant 84V to charge my wheel? So it's not the electronics inside the wheel that do the CV/CC switching?

 

Exactly. Just if your 84V supply has some current liming it could work out.

But if the supply is too strong (delivers too much current) it'l blow up the cells.

... Or itself if it has no overpower/current shutoff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Exactly. Just if your 84V supply has some current liming it could work out.

Yes of course. You shouldn't connect a 20A 84V source to it :D 

But I see what you mean. In that case I wonder how CV/CC is handled if you connect 2 different types of chargers, each delivering different amps. I would make sense that the only safe solution in that case (and even then ...) would be to connect 2 identical chargers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome!!!! The KS16X 5A charger just arrived from Ewheels! Thanks @Jason McNeil:cheers:

48464148611_19ece872c7_b.jpg

 

But have unwrapped the wheel from its garage camouflage and ridding it so far? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I don't get why people are saying this wheel is boring? Are you riding it slow? I'm riding mine like my city motorcycle in the road everywhere I go as long as the speed limit is 30mph and under. I'm thankful its stable enough to comfortably do this in a sustained manner. Also it has plenty of power to swiftly accelerate up to speed as well as climb every hill I've put it up against. I'm going to hit 400 miles of riding today on my 16X and its been an amazing first week!

I would like to see a video of you climbing a 20-25% hill from a dead stop. It's an exhausting experience for me compared to mten3 or MCM5.

Put it another way: on the mten3 and MCM5, you can carve uphill with ease. On the 16X, at least for me, it feels like I'm crawling when I'm literally on my tippy toes (nothing else touching the pedal besides the balls of my feet, and my legs gripping the wheel for support as I michael jackson lean forward). 

Edited by chrisjunlee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

But have unwrapped the wheel from its garage camouflage and ridding it so far? 

Yes I had it out to the park twice yesterday thanks to my  mother-in-law keeping my wife busy. I love this wheel.

I’ve experienced the same wobble attitude other members speak about occurring around the 27 mph (43kph) mark. I just rapidly decelerate to diminish it. 

Cruising through the wooded, bumpy trails I experienced was effortless. I actually prefer the handling over the Z10.

I did shoot some off road video but unfortunately finding the time to process it without prying eyes looking over my shoulder is difficult. 

Any ETA on your 16X arriving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

ut it another way: on the mten3 and MCM5, you can carve uphill with ease. On the 16X, at least for me, it feels like I'm crawling when I'm literally on my tippy toes (nothing else touching the pedal besides the balls of my feet, and my legs gripping the wheel for support as I michael jackson lean forward). 

Will be exactly the same with any other wheel, except for the MCM5 and the Mten3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ve experienced the same wobble attitude other members speak about occurring around the 27 mph (43kph) mark. I just rapidly decelerate to diminish it. 

Cruising through the wooded, bumpy trails I experienced was effortless. I actually prefer the handling over the Z10.

Same here at the moment. On paved roads I grab the Z10. For the trails I take the KS16X. Never taken the Z10 off road BTW. On trails you don't hit those high speeds. The fastest I went was 30kmh off road. That's fast enough :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...