KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

i mean i guess its possible if they would carry something like that.. but i would bet money on no, you have to order something from china.. it seems the modified wheellog can run on anything android 4 and above so any cheap full android smartwatch like the ones ir_fuel posted would work as they are running android 5... if you try amazon i bet you can find one that will come a lot faster than gearbest or aliexpress but just be sure that it says in the description that the OS is "android X.XX" an apple watch is an apple watch yes because ios is not open source there is only one company who can make them but even still an apple watch is not running ios but watchos which does not have the functionality of an apple phone and it should be paired with an apple phone

What is @Marty Backe using for a watch?  I think it would be very cool to watch your speed from your wrist. 

8 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

It seems nothing can be easy.

Yeah we would just need a watch-like device that uses a Bluetooth LE connection to the wheel and shows the data and have some alarms. This is really not difficult to make for a company that already produces that kind of hardware/smart watches/... . The problem is that the market is too small.

Just now, Patton250 said:

What is @Marty Backe using for a watch?  I think it would be very cool to watch your speed from your wrist. 

Pebble

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

pebble watch. discontinued, i use one too.. must be paired with your android phone https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pebble-Time-Good-Condition-501-00020-Smartwatch-Black/223578640072?hash=item340e534ec8:g:FHAAAOSw2-pb4mFn

Edited by Rywokast

4 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Yeah we would just need a watch-like device that uses a Bluetooth LE connection to the wheel and shows the data and have some alarms. This is really not difficult to make for a company that already produces that kind of hardware/smart watches/... . The problem is that the market is too small.

Pebble

Thanks man. I’ll look that up. I appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

Day 6 300 mile update:

I went out and ripped off 47.9 miles over a couple hours. I started with a full charge and am now down to 68.7 volts resting. I was throttling me a big but I was still able to cruise at over 40kph at the end before hitting tilt back. This is my first EUC and it has really opened up me getting out and exploring the whole area I live in! 

Wow. Could you start a separate thread of your personal wheelog? I would love to follow it :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Daniel-Son said:

FYI -   I confirm it takes 7 hours to charge the battery from 20% to 100% with two chargers. 

Speaking of which, if you have an e-wheels 5A rapid charger, you can use that with the stock charger to charge at 6.5A. You can ask Jason for a plug adapter as well (Gotway to Kingsong).

image.png.dcbecdae84591e3d016099d94afa2fa3.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mishkin said:

On the subject of watches, I have a Pebble Time Steel ("Pebble 2") strapped to my wrist guards that connects to the WheelLog app on my Android phone. The Pebble battery lasts for ages, and button shortcuts can be created to quickly switch it into flight mode, so if you only use it when riding it only needs charging every week or more. I've also tested a Pebble Steel ("Pebble 1"), which is black and white but otherwise equally functional. The Pebble has a reflective screen so has great daylight visibility and a backlight (on wrist flick) functionality at night. The top velcro threaded through the strap pin lifts up so I can access the charging connection on the underside of the watch. the Pebble Steels charging connection is on the side of the watch so you could possibly mount it even easier. Don't know about the Garmin support but the Pebble is worth it if you can get it set up - which is a little tricky now that it's original OS is not officially supported but the WheelLog thread I think covers this.

Pebble.jpg

Got a link? :-)

55 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Speaking of which, if you have an e-wheels 5A rapid charger, you can use that with the stock charger to charge at 6.5A. You can ask Jason for a plug adapter as well (Gotway to Kingsong).

image.png.dcbecdae84591e3d016099d94afa2fa3.png

You should not mix standard charger with a different charger (other power of charging). 

It is fine to use 2x standard chargers, or 2x other chargers (same model/type). 

If you don't want to take my word for it ask you dealer (assuming @Jason McNeil).

This has been stated before by KS. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You should not mix standard charger with a different charger (other power of charging). 

It is fine to use 2x standard chargers, or 2x other chargers (same model/type). 

If you don't want to take my word for it ask you dealer (assuming @Jason McNeil).

This has been stated before by KS. 

Appeal to authority arguments don't work unfortunately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Agree it is nice being able to see speed and battery from your wrist. I do this with an Apple Watch and DarknessBot iOS app for my V8. 

Marty answered above what he is using. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, prasket said:

Agree it is nice being able to see speed and battery from your wrist. I do this with an Apple Watch and DarknessBot iOS app for my V8. 

Marty answered above what he is using. 

Where?  I didn’t see Marty’s answer. How about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKEQBI0/ref=psdc_7939901011_t3_B0106IS5XY

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Where?  I didn’t see Marty’s answer. How about this one?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKEQBI0/ref=psdc_7939901011_t3_B0106IS5XY

that was the pebble steel mishkin mentioned.. though because of how little in comparison units were produced and it now being continued the pebble steels price is grossly inflated.. it is literally identical to the regular pebble time save for the fact its face is made from metal not plastic..

• Like 1

Just now, Rywokast said:

that was the pebble steel mishkin mentioned.. though because of how little in comparison units were produced and it now being continued the pebble steels price is grossly inflated.. it is literally identical to the regular pebble time save for the fact its face is made from metal not plastic..

Here is something more new and is still supported. Will this work with a Samsung Galaxy 8 and run wheel log?

https://www.amazon.com/Fossil-Sport-Silicone-Touchscreen-Smartwatch/dp/B07HBDXTYX?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAIPHVZTVH6LZ5BFZA&tag=hawk-future-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07HBDXTYX&ascsubtag=trd-1322357441399560136-20

1 minute ago, Patton250 said:

no.. nothing but watches running full android.. thats using wearos.. the only reason pebble watch works is because the creator of the wheellog app made functionality within the app specifically for the pebble watch

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

no.. nothing but watches running full android.. thats using wearos.. the only reason pebble watch works is because the creator of the wheellog app made functionality within the app specifically for the pebble watch

Oh ok. It’s just the reviews on Amazon for the pebble watch said it hasn’t worked with android since fit bit bought them. So I’m confused. 

Just now, Patton250 said:

Oh ok. It’s just the reviews on Amazon for the pebble watch said it hasn’t worked with android since fit bit bought them. So I’m confused. 

ignore the reviews those people dont know what theyre doing.. its true pebble os has been shut down a long time.. you need to get rebble os and put it on there, its very easy and works almost the exact same as the old pebble os

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

ignore the reviews those people dont know what theyre doing.. its true pebble os has been shut down a long time.. you need to get rebble os and put it on there, its very easy and works almost the exact same as the old pebble os

Thanks man. I really appreciate your time and answering my questions. I’ll get it.