KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

13 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

while that is absolutely true of somebody coming from a much smaller wheel/tire that their feelings on it will be solely based on that fact.. it still remains that for people who have ridden the exact same size tires of different manufacturers/tread/material i can say absolutely they can produce a noticeably different riding experience that will take some time to get used to.. but if you have only ever ridden a 2.5" tire 18XL and then jump on the 16X of course it will be alien to you

Absolutely, but then it's interesting to separate the testimonials based on that fact. Coming from the V10F myself (2.5" tire), I had an acclimatization period when getting the Nikola. I love the Nikola (I'm already married, but otherwise..) , but of course it took some getting used to. I don't have the 16X myself, but personally I'm primarily interested in reports from users who are accustomed to wheels with similar tire widths. Reports from riders coming from 2.5" wheels are slightly tainted in that regard ;) That's why I personally really like comparisons from MSX or Nikola riders (such as @eddiemoy or @Patton250, although Eddie only had the pre-production unit and tire for his comparison).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

that's exactly why I've never been interested in the z10 lol.. I'm an extremely light rider and I think that it would be near impossible for me to control the z10 at speed xD

There is a technique to riding it if you want to learn, but i'm in the same boat where I don't like it.  I had an experience with the V10F where I almost got thrown because it had some momentary gryo feel at some weird moment.  It is with the V10F that I learn the technique to overcome the gyro effects.  But most of my wheels are normal, so I don't like having to switch back and forth.

5 minutes ago, Nils said:

Absolutely, but then it's interesting to separate the testimonials based on that fact. Coming from the V10F myself (2.5" tire), I had an acclimatization period when getting the Nikola. I love the Nikola (I'm already married, but otherwise..) , but of course it took some getting used to. I don't have the 16X myself, but personally I'm primarily interested in reports from users who are accustomed to wheels with similar tire widths. Reports from riders coming from 2.5" wheels are slightly tainted in that regard ;) That's why I personally really like comparisons from MSX or Nikola riders (such as @eddiemoy or @Patton250, although Eddie only had the pre-production unit and tire for his comparison).

I had the 100V MSX, 3" wheel,  and it had some of the gyro feel also.  But it isn't on all the time.   It felt like the Nikola.  Sometimes you feel a little bit of it.  Nothing as strong as the 16X and Z10.  I sold it before figuring it out.  Too many things to dislike about it for me.    

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

There is a technique to riding it if you want to learn, but i'm in the same boat where I don't like it.  I had an experience with the V10F where I almost got thrown because it had some momentary gryo feel at some weird moment.  It is with the V10F that I learn the technique to overcome the gyro effects.  But most of my wheels are normal, so I don't like having to switch back and forth.

exactly, surely with enough time and practice i could learn to control it to a degree.. but then again the plethora of other wheels i regularly ride that would be quite the difference.. i have no desire to hop on a wheel and have to get used to it again every time i switch, atm i can jump on any one of my EUCs and immediately ride it perfectly and feel comfortable, i dont want that to change :)

12 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I had the 100V MSX, 3" wheel,  and it had some of the gyro feel also.  But it isn't on all the time.   It felt like the Nikola.  Sometimes you feel a little bit of it.  Nothing as strong as the 16X and Z10.  I sold it before figuring it out.  Too many things to dislike about it for me.    

Thanks Eddie, it's good to hear from someone who has experienced a similar wheel already, :cheers:

25 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Nothing as strong as the 16X

Yep that’s what iam saying, i don't like that behavior, so i will change to the Nikola tire and see what will happen.

Because i really want to keep the wheel.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Yep that’s what iam saying, i don't like that behavior, so i will change to the Nikola tire and see what will happen.

Because i really want to keep the wheel.

I'm doing the same, but I only know the CYT tire didn't have this effect.  The Nikola tire is the CST tire.  Could very well have some of it.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Does CYT stand for Chao Yang, or is CYT another tire manufacturer?

CYT chao yang tire, CST cheng shin tire

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Nils said:

if you go from any 2.5" tire to a 3" tire you will have a very different riding experience and it will take some time getting used to

Yes, now THIS is making more sense!  Same thing happened on my eBbike but in reverse - going from a wide tire I rode on for 2 years then switching to narrow tires.  Yes, it was crazy-nimble, so much it took me a bit to get used to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

You cannot carve as well as you can with the Nikola but in my opinion it’s faster off the line and all through the speeds up until top end. So far I’m liking it but then I like them all including the Z10. 

The 16X is faster off the line than the Nikola? =_=

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

There is a technique to overcome the gyro feel and requires that you change the way you ride.  I don't like it like most who don't like the Z10.  Call us stubborn.  LOL

I also learned the technique on V10F and it’s not bad. I had no complaints back then. I also understand why there are many people who like and prefer the gyro feeling. It’s fun to ride also. But I do prefer to carve on my 18XL. I think it’s spot on. I don’t feel almost any gyro feeling on it. I will try to get similar behaviour on my next wheel but if there is a new wheel with everything else perfect except has the gyro feel, I’ll buy it. 

Interesting to see you guys changing the tire on you 16Xs. It could be that Gotway had just bought all the stock from the tire manufacturer and Kingsong just had to use something else to get the wheels out. 

BTW, did you test 18L when it had a different tire? I think the first ones came with a Kenda, same exact tire that was on the V10F. Did it behave at all like the V10F? Now the 18XL comes with CYT 64-355 tire, a bit slippery but carving/leaning is really nice. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I also learned the technique on V10F and it’s not bad. I had no complaints back then. I also understand why there are many people who like and prefer the gyro feeling. It’s fun to ride also. But I do prefer to carve on my 18XL. I think it’s spot on. I don’t feel almost any gyro feeling on it. I will try to get similar behaviour on my next wheel but if there is a new wheel with everything else perfect except has the gyro feel, I’ll buy it. 

Interesting to see you guys changing the tire on you 16Xs. It could be that Gotway had just bought all the stock from the tire manufacturer and Kingsong just had to use something else to get the wheels out. 

BTW, did you test 18L when it had a different tire? I think the first ones came with a Kenda, same exact tire that was on the V10F. Did it behave at all like the V10F? Now the 18XL comes with CYT 64-355 tire, a bit slippery but carving/leaning is really nice. 

I have an 18L with the Kenda tire same as the V10F and 18S. It carved really well and the 18L was my favorite for short rides, 18S for longer rides because of the seat.   Lighter and can throw around easier than the 18XL.  The V10F is where I found that I like lower tire pressure.  I now ride all my EUC’s will much lower tire pressure.  Feels great.  

Monitor thing lacking on the 18” is the acceleration from standing.  The 16X is much better.  I think that is why lots of people who ride MSX are going with Nikola.  The smaller 2” makes such a big difference.  I think they finally found a sweet spot for the wheel size and tire without coming out with a bigger motor. Size.  

Edited by eddiemoy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Small off road video.

How did you like it off-road vs onroad? My take so far is that the tire really excels in grass and dirt. I was out last night carving up some local farms and grass embankments and it was way fun.

18 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

How did you like it off-road vs onroad? My take so far is that the tire really excels in grass and dirt. I was out last night carving up some local farms and grass embankments and it was way fun.

I'm not the man to ask this. The only other EUC I rode off road was my V8 and that's 2 years ago. All other EUC's I had since then never did off road, so I can't really compare. It's fun, but I don't know how different other wheels/tires would feel on that same surface.

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm not the man to ask this. The only other EUC I rode off road was my V8 and that's 2 years ago. All other EUC's I had since then never did off road, so I can't really compare. It's fun, but I don't know how different other wheels/tires would feel on that same surface.

It really doesn't matter how other wheels feel like if you like your KS16X. 

I still have 2 weeks before I have a chance to get mine. But I am sure it will be great once I get it. 

Would be fantastic if they make a traffic light mode, that uses the big lid rings for front/rear light, and blinking as you break. @Micheal Shen is that possible? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It really doesn't matter how other wheels feel like if you like your KS16X. 

I still have 2 weeks before I have a chance to get mine. But I am sure it will be great once I get it. 

Would be fantastic if they make a traffic light mode, that uses the big lid rings for front/rear light, and blinking as you break. @Micheal Shen is that possible? 

I completely agree.  I think everyone will like this wheel. There’s nothing not to like.   I don’t know why everyone’s hating on the tire they picked. I would think their employees in China tried many different types of tires and pick that one. I would hope that’s what happened. 

I could’ve swore though they said there was a firmware update coming. I don’t want to read this whole thread again. LOL. Have they produced firmware greater or different than V1.01?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patton250 said:

I completely agree.  I think everyone will like this wheel. There’s nothing not to like.   I don’t know why everyone’s hating on the tire they picked. I would think their employees in China tried many different types of tires and pick that one. I would hope that’s what happened. 

I could’ve swore though they said there was a firmware update coming. I don’t want to read this whole thread again. LOL. Have they produced firmware greater or different than V1.01?

Tires can make a huge difference on how a wheel rides. Huge. All evidence points to KingSong not carrying a whole lot about the tire that they throw on the wheel. I'm afraid you give the Chinese employees way too much credit :)

• Upvote 1