KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

7 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

One thing to try is cleaning with solvent first. If that fails, plasma cleaning works well. Do you have a plasma cleaner?

pssh, who doesnt? xD

4 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Will see if the Nikola tire fits, if yes i have to change it because like this its no fun at all for me.

It will fit. But isn't it the same tire?

Also the battery of the XL seems to be better, charged them both to 100% before the ride and at the end i had more juice on the xl.

The 16X doesn't empty the batteries as far as the 18XL does before it considers them to be at 0%. So that is to be expected.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It will fit. But isn't it the same tire?

The 16X doesn't empty the batteries as far as the 18XL does before it considers them to be at 0%. So that is to be expected.

it was discussed a few pages back but apparently the production tire on the 16x changed to be something different.. that seemingly not many people like lol

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Did another ride with my sister today, she was on the XL and i took the 16X.

And i have to say i really hate that tire and the behavior it gives me. :crying:

On the XL i had so much fun carving on the X its just work, dont like that at all.

Will see if the Nikola tire fits, if yes i have to change it because like this its no fun at all for me.

At the end of the ride my sister said she loves the XL and won’t give it back.  :lol:

Also the battery of the XL seems to be better, charged them both to 100% before the ride and at the end i had more juice on the xl.

F72691CE-9321-4C83-8930-70C219802D52.thumb.jpeg.2dff10d6a0724061e1ee407bab687d02.jpeg3BB01808-659B-47DF-BCC8-35F5E4077EDB.thumb.jpeg.f7985fcc1305dd4a39e440b6ebd5a20c.jpeg6260438C-8E53-4D49-9EF5-0D10AC20BDDD.thumb.jpeg.6837c28679a67bfcc4fcfbfd17ba6fa2.jpeg

By the way does anybody know where the battery indicator starts, because when you count from the bottom to top it’s got 14 green leds.

battery indicator is always all of the LEDs.. so if theres 14 of them each one represents ~7% battery.. at least, thats what it should be.. been hearing about a lot of firmware issues... btw you can see all of this info in the manual that was included apparently

Edited by Rywokast

2 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

You should think twice before buying the first batch of any new product!

+1, and this really holds true for EUCs. Second year in a row now that I've bought the first gen of of a wheel (V10F last year and now the Nikola). Both have had issues, the V10F's worse than the Nikola's). As someone else stated earlier, if you cannot really afford the money then in this industry it's a wise choice to go with a proven option. With all the hubbub over the 16X release and all the tension this seemed to have cause it's a good time to remember to no first release of a wheel is likely to be perfect regardless of manufacturer. Goes for everyone! They end up nice in the end, but the early adopters are often in for a rough time.  Still, there's something to be said for buying a first gen wheel as wheel - the not knowing, the excitement and the drama ;)  If that's not for you, then don't buy a first gen wheel but go for a proven wheel from last year.

I'd just like to end with pointing out that not even in the well established car industry is there anything like a safe bet. You may perhaps like Toyota for their quality reputation, but are you aware of the recalls they had to make?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

So should we expect less range and earlier throttling than the xl in the future...? What’s the info KS has given regarding this?

9 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

To all the Nikola owners,

how is the tire?

does it ride nice and smooth?

good for carving?

My Nikola is great for carving but so is my 16X. I don’t get the same ride from my16X as I do my Z10. I’m really confused why so many are. I’ll check the tire tonight when I get home and report back. 

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's been long established that the Nikola tire is fantastic

Then maybe thats the answer for my needs.

2 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

My Nikola is great for carving but so is my 16X. I don’t get the same ride from my16X as I do my Z10. I’m really confused why so many are. I’ll check the tire tonight when I get home and report back. 

What i experience on the X is the same that everyone says about the Z10, never ridden one but must be the same feeling.

And i don't like it.

1 minute ago, RoadRunner said:

Then maybe thats the answer for my needs.

What i experience on the X is the same that everyone says about the Z10, never ridden one but must be the same feeling.

And i don't like it.

I actually love the Z10 but understand why some don’t but like I said my 16X doesn’t act anything like it. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

So should we expect less range and earlier throttling than the xl in the future...? What’s the info KS has given regarding this?

well earlier in actuality while not earlier according to battery level.. so yes, most likely

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Azze80 said:

Less range, yes. In the middle between 18XL and 1600Wh Gotways.

According to KS via @US69, the 16X goes down to 3.15V per cell (3.0V on 18XL and 3.3V on Gotways). That's the info on the 16X battery behavior.

The 16X will probably still throttle at 25% with this big battery. I'm guessing - has anybody tested when the speed reductions start? Just "25%" means something different here. It corresponds to the same charge state as ~34% on the 18XL (and 14% on Gotways).

10 minutes ago, Nils said:

It's great and fantastic - as is the wheel itself (the Nikola, I love it, best wheel I've had! :thumbup:). I'm just somewhat confused and leery of people complaining about the 16X tire and riding experience - if you go from any 2.5" tire to a 3" tire you will have a very different riding experience and it will take some time getting used to. So if you're coming from a narrower tire, such as a 2.5" or even narrower you will be used to a much different riding experience with regards to turning, etc. So when people report issues I'm just wondering how much that is due the 16X and how much is due to the new experience of riding a 3" wide tire. And for these wide tires, again, experiment with and calibrate your PSI! Then again, @eddiemoy has ridden both of the wheels and have reported different feels for both wheels so it's hard to say what the factor of the width is compared to the actual tire and threads used.

while that is absolutely true of somebody coming from a much smaller wheel/tire that their feelings on it will be solely based on that fact.. it still remains that for people who have ridden the exact same size tires of different manufacturers/tread/material i can say absolutely they can produce a noticeably different riding experience that will take some time to get used to.. but if you have only ever ridden a 2.5" tire 18XL and then jump on the 16X of course it will be alien to you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

it will be alien to you

I know what you mean thats why i rode a lot yesterday and today and today i played with tire pressure as well, but still i don’t like it.

@eddiemoy says as well that he doesn’t like it and a friend of me says the same, so can’t be just me.

• Upvote 1

I know what you mean thats why i rode a lot yesterday and today and today i played with tire pressure as well, but still i don’t like it.

@eddiemoy says as well that he doesn’t like it and a friend of me says the same, so can’t be just me.

believe me I'm not invalidating your opinion by any means.. you can have 500 km on a wheel and still not like the way it rides lol, all I'm saying is anybody should give it at least 3 or 4 hours of good riding before they decide.. it does seem to be the consensus that the production 16X tire was a poor choice.. I foresee future iterations reverting

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

As i said earlier feels to me the same what everybody is saying about the Z10, i have to follow the wheel the wheel doesn’t follow me.

that's exactly why I've never been interested in the z10 lol.. I'm an extremely light rider and I think that it would be near impossible for me to control the z10 at speed xD

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

As i said earlier feels to me the same what everybody is saying about the Z10, i have to follow the wheel the wheel doesn’t follow me.

There is a technique to overcome the gyro feel and requires that you change the way you ride.  I don't like it like most who don't like the Z10.  Call us stubborn.  LOL

• Upvote 1