KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

10 minutes ago, Mike Paolini said:

@Jon Stern  This!

Just a reminder, your's is not the only unit.   I haven't been able to isolate it, 5 occurrences in about 50 miles.   Could be heat, could be music, could be the app disconnecting, could be none of these things.

Seems to happen mostly after starting up, within say 5-10 mins, and so far only in low speed high torque situations (twice going up hill, once going down hill the rest on level).  And so far charge has been about 75% every time too.

Sent it off to King Song Support, and got the following reply

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 1.19.37 PM.png

I wish mine only did it 5 times in 50 miles!

Mine has done it dozens of times in 12 miles.

That's a really nice and quick reply by Kingsong. Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Anyway, our engineer have sent request to stop ship out KS-16X when they get this feedback from you.

Engineer have put forward a permanent solution to avoid such midjudgement by every wheel and take a try these days.

Does that mean KS stopped shipping the 16X, or the engineer just asked for it? Sounds like they have a (board change/hardware?) fix they are testing, and stopped shipping for now.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

It's hard to catch because it seemingly happens randomly. Here's a video of it slowly going back to level after tilting back while on the floor.

Unrelated I know, but this is exactly what my Z10 does, except it does from level to backward or forward tilt. I have to recalibrate a few times to get it level.

I really think it's bad hardware.

This KS16X release feels like a soap opera: There is an issue! We'll fix it! We fix it! There is another issue! We'll fix it! We fix it!

Rince and repeat...:popcorn:

Thanks to the aliexpress seller slowness,  my first batch KS16X is still in China and I hope will be trouble free when I'll get it. :unsure:

However the latest release of EUC will definitely make me think twice before buying a first batch wheel...

1 minute ago, SamSuffit said:

However the latest release of EUC will definitely make me think twice before buying a first batch wheel...

You should think twice before buying the first batch of any new product!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

You should think twice before buying the first batch of any new product! 

Yes, but I thought the experience of previous generations of EUC models would have helped better...(KS18XL and so on...)

Edited by SamSuffit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I’ve camouflaged the wheel a bit in my barn to give the appearance that it’s been around for awhile in case my wife goes snooping. 

I know the feeling man😂

i have to hide these things from the wifey” too. Price is never mentioned anymore.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Yes, but I thought the experience of previous generations of EUC models would have helped better...(KS18XL and so on...)

I hoped that too! But as someone who works in consumer product development, I knew this hope was likely to be dashed.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, SamSuffit said:

Usually does, but there are too many new key factors with this 16X in relation to the 18XL: new increased motor power, new motor manufacturer, new shell body (in terms of cooling), new controller, etc.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

:roflmao:

"Why are you always staying away from me all of a sudden?"

"Why can't I find my glasses? Have you seen my glasses?"

"Why can't I find my garage barn keys? Where are they? You can't always offer to get stuff for me, Dan honey! I wonder where I left my keys..."

:laughbounce2: Love the synchronized heads! 

ZCoa2Q

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CampDylan said:

Whoa man, I thought I was going to be the light-weight in this group at 135, lol.  I’m totally with you on the tire pressure though I have yet to ride my first wheel ever.  For the last two years I rode a Haibike eBike and the bozo shop owner was trying to convince me to keep the pressure lower than the printed recommendation on the tire. Whenever I noticed that my battery life was dwindling too soon it was always that the pressure had gone down in the tires!  Once back up to max I was getting nearly an entire day more battery life and the nimble front tire experience way more enjoyable.  

Im going to start my EUC learning at the max pressure when my 16X arrives but hopefully by then they’ll also have all the small quirks ironed out as well .

haha I've yet to be beaten in that category :p nice yea I've never ridden an e bike but on my road bike the tires are at 75 psi. congrats on your 16x purchase pretty sweet first wheel, and that sounds like a good idea :)

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You've managed to use a Gotway app for your 16X? Impressive ;)

Yes I was surprised being that the 16X seems to have a-lot of issues with registration, calibration and speed settings. 

I’m waiting until tonight to ride again. I want to gain some sense of the wobbles/oscillating behavior many have reported. The batteries won’t be fully charged yet but being I’m not conducting a @Marty Backerange test I should be fine. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

check battery level and remaining mileage)

Your battery level and voltage is identical to my 16x when I first pulled it out of the shipping box this morning. Strange. 

5 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes I was surprised being that the 16X seems to have a-lot of issues with registration, calibration and speed settings. 

I’m waiting until tonight to ride again. I want to gain some sense of the wobbles/oscillating behavior many have reported. The batteries won’t be fully charged yet but being I’m not conducting a @Marty Backerange test so I should be fine. 

Now I'm totally confused.

But glad you're enjoying the 16X experience :thumbup:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Oh, and don't stick a GoPro on like I did. That soft rubber doesn't work. Nothing sticks to it. It fell off on a trail.

Do you mean you tried to put a GoPro sticky mount on the rubber on the 16x, or on your neoprene cover?

Just now, Rehab1 said:

:confused1: help me understand 

My original winking comment was regarding you talking about using using a GW (Gotway) app for configuring the 16X. I assumed that was a typo of some sort

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Do you mean you tried to put a GoPro sticky mount on the rubber on the 16x, or on your neoprene cover?

On the soft touch rubber that is in the middle of the wheel. Nothing sticks to it. Not my GoPro mount, not the 3M dual lock.

15 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Your battery level and voltage is identical to my 16x when I first pulled it out of the shipping box this morning. Strange. 

Well I suppose that if you charge it to 100% and ride it, there will be a moment where it will be identical, :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

On the soft touch rubber that is in the middle of the wheel. Nothing sticks to it. Not my GoPro mount, not the 3M dual lock.

Oh, that's disappointing, but not completely surprising. These kind of materials (it's probably TPSiV, a thermoplastic elastomer) are difficult to adhere to.

If you want to stick something to the front, it sticks to the head light :lol: 

If you want to mount something I would use a clamp on the handle. That will be the only solution. Or you side mount. The hard plastic casing is no problem.

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My original winking comment was regarding you talking about using using a GW (Gotway) app for configuring the 16X. I assumed that was a typo of some sort

Ugh... I must have had Nikola brain fart. ;) All fixed

Edited by Rehab1
Dumb mistake
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

Oh, that's disappointing, but not completely surprising. These kind of materials (it's probably TPSiV, a thermoplastic elastomer) are difficult to adhere to.

One thing to try is cleaning with solvent first. If that fails, plasma cleaning works well. Do you have a plasma cleaner?