KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

2 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Agreed! The last post of the 16X looked really rugged and boxy, not liking the top with the deep recess for the handle.  Seems like the Nikola would give more surface area for legs to help maneuver.  Thinking it would be easier to carve and manipulate.  Time will tell. 

the top with the recess i hate the most.. i wouldnt mind the shape if it didnt have that, be something edgy and not like weve seen before but that giant recess looks so horrible imo.. get rid of that, and the fake cheap carbon fibre, put good looking pedals on and i will go back to liking the design lol

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

So far we have 3 bets that Marty will purchase a KS16X before the end of August. 

48026591417_72c372c85d_b.jpg

This way he can afford both KS16X and Nikola Plus. 😜

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

This way he can afford booth KS16X and Nikola Plus. 😜

Selfishly, i hope he gets my dollar as long as he lets me ride the 16X 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Nils said:

It doesn't lock on mine, was one of my first negative findings when I got the wheel. I actually spent some time staring at the construction trying to figure whether I was missing something, but it doesn't seem like it. Still, it works well enough, but I'd really have preferred it to lock for a better experience while using the trolley.

Thanks. Good to know that non-locking is the norm. I also spent a fair amount of time trying to see if I was missing something.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks. Good to know that non-locking is the norm. I also spent a fair amount of time trying to see if I was missing something.

So GW only copied the squeaky noise  for the Nikola and not the rubber.....still have the glossy look.:P

And with a silent motor so it is easier too hear.

ipanews_21ae88f9-8f7f-42a8-ba04-a64d89a9

Well sorry I just couldn't help it, fun and games....

4 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Selfishly, i hope he gets my dollar as long as he lets me ride the 16X 

I believe we may be betting against ourselves as @Marty Backe has yet to agree to the terms. I would hate for Marty to be on thin ice financially if he were to loose $4.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I believe we may be betting against ourselves as @Marty Backe has yet to agree to the terms. I would hate for Marty to be on thin ice financially if he were to loose $4.

:laughbounce2:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Wow! Please share the details of what the issues are.  Must have been big in order for the group to all sell as they seem to prefer GW wheels in your group.  I know the side wall had some lacking padding between the shell and battery that made a creaking noise when ever you mount with one leg.  That annoyed me.  The trolley handle didint look, doesn’t seem like Marty’s does either.  Must be a defect because it was shown to lock before. 

No don’t get me wrong. Not all sold. Most of them are ok with the nikola. However we have a few riders with pedal dip issues. 

And when the pedal pillar supports were removed and placed side by side, it was very obvious that they were not symmetrical. 

It should be from the same mould but somehow the QC failed. We were all kinda surprised that such a thing could happen. 

Other than that, the chief complaints are ride comfort (from the riders in our group who have ridden Gotway wheels like the msx). Wheel shell is too wide and with the padding it makes it even more uncomfortable.  

However those in our group who are riding the nikola and naturally, their first Gotway wheel, so far seemed fine. 

I personally have ridden the nikola many times. I like the lights but I really cannot see myself living with the wide carrying handle and the flip up trolley handle. 

Other than that it is a fine wheel and goes buttery smooth!

Edited by Garrie Lim
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

He don't have pay up. All he needs to do is 1 action. Peel off the shiny GW logo on the side of his NIkola. 😁😎

Note: please do not mention to @Marty Backe it will come off in 1-2 weeks by itself. 

Edited by Unventor

I really think the ks16x will be a good wheel 2200w motor, all black stealth look, built in mudguard ,, which people wanted,, gone as the round look,, gotway now took that with the Nikola 😀, 3 inch fat wheel, pedals even the look weird but they look strong and gives it a tough look, brake lights built in to the ring lights, back is flat to place my own light if needed for night or camera , overall i think the 16x is excellent tough looking machine 😊👍 can't wait

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The tire in these new photos is different, and to me it doesn’t somehow look like a 3” tire.

I think you just underestimate how big and bulky the 16X is. It's going to be as big as the Nikola, and maybe even wider at the top.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

No don’t get me wrong. Not all sold. Most of them are ok with the nikola. However we have a few riders with pedal dip issues. 

And when the pedal pillar supports were removed and placed side by side, it was very obvious that they were not symmetrical. 

It should be from the same mould but somehow the QC failed. We were all kinda surprised that such a thing could happen. 

Other than that, the chief complaints are ride comfort (from the riders in our group who have ridden Gotway wheels like the msx). Wheel shell is too wide and with the padding it makes it even more uncomfortable.  

However those in our group who are riding the nikola and naturally, their first Gotway wheel, so far seemed fine. 

I personally have ridden the nikola many times. I like the lights but I really cannot see myself living with the wide carrying handle and the flip up trolley handle. 

Other than that it is a fine wheel and goes buttery smooth!

If you seen eucguys msx videos, he had some asymmetric pedal hanger issue, the screw holes were not even the same.  LOL.

It would seem like those who have some riding experience with other wheels have a hard time adjusting to the width.  That was the same issue with me when I was used to the thinness of the KS wheel and how they ride to hating how wide the MSuper and MSX felt.  But those who have never ridden the Ks wheels would have no issues.  The best way I can describe is is if you only had one car and it was a bad driving muscle car that wasn’t balanced.  You would love that car because that is all you know.  But if you then buy a really nice balanced car like the Audi R8 that takes so little effort to drive well and so forgiving when you made a mistake in the turns, you would hate the first muscle car that took so much effort to drive well and that will kill you if you made a mistake in the turns.  Lol

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I think you just underestimate how big and bulky the 16X is. It's going to be as big as the Nikola, and maybe even wider at the top.

Ergonomics of the wheel makes a huge difference.  I don’t think Gw has that in their vocabulary where as KS wheels feel good and I don’t think they would ever design a wheel that doesn’t feel comfortable.  If you look at the pictures, there is the slight taper in at the top which lends to comfort.  The thick side-pads were a surprise.  Remains to be seen how comfortable the wheel is.  

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm still liking the 16x over the Nikola

@stephen Looking at this side by side comparison, I would have to agree with you! Where did you find the photos?

Edited by fbhb

23 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@stephen Looking at this side by side comparison, I would have to agree with you! Where did you find the photos?

Someone posted them from a France electro meet kuji rolls  was there with the 16x

I don't like the grey but I'm sure they are black on the production release 

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

Someone posted them from a France electro meet kuji rolls  was there with the 16x

I don't like the grey but I'm sure they are black on the production release 

was there any comments about how they feel about the comparison?

I think what we have here is, a bunch of gotway fanboys bashing 16X because they actually like the stealth look. But they’re going to buy the Nikola instead because it is available now. So to get mentally prepared for the Nikola they rave how beautiful the Nikola is and then state how ugly 16X looks. The Z10 IMHO is the best stealth looking EUC followed by the MSX. And now, the 16X IMHO is now second best, still not better looking  than the Z10, but better looking than the MSX. Noticed how they all have the carbon fiber look. The Nikola is not a ugly wheel by no means, but it’s not stealthy looking, more like inmotion and kingsong had a baby. If you don’t like the look of something that fine, it’s all subjective views and that ok, but to start over-criticizing and bashing and calling thing ugly is SILLY! And if you don’t like any of these wheels, just remember there is always next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The 16x is supposed to be the evolution of the 16s, and I'm not yet convinced it is an improvement on that design. In fact I hope kingsong will realize this and go back to their killer, best in class, classic design. There are so many other ways to refresh a wheel: higher density LEDs, thiness, lightness, thicker tires, better pedals, improved ergonomics, dampening, materials, etc etc