KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

34 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

Gulp...well at least I have a forum of very knowledgeable people to turn to when I eventually have some problem.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out or is announced in the next 6 months...If nothing I like is in the pipeline then I might just end up with an mcm 5 in the June-August timeframe. 

Do those "speed holes (simpsons)" on the side of the mcm 5 actually server a purpose (ventilation/cooling) or are they purely cosmetic, wouldn't mind seeing an mcm5 shell without them and better waterproofing and solid matte black halves instead of this carbon fiber look.

The 'speed vents' are purely decorative - they do not penetrate the shell. From my tests, the MCM5 runs very cool even under demanding conditions. Seems like the shell would be resistant to water entry when riding in the rain.

All indications are that the MCM5 is a very reliable wheel.

I'm just pointing out that all wheels are subject to failure, including turning off the wheel at night and the next day it not working. All in all they are very robust and reliable, but stuff happens. Fortunately, in the grand scheme of things, they are very easy to work on with a basic set of tools. We are in Model-T days of EUCs, so it's best if you have a "can do" attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to keep your wheel running. There are no service centers around the corner to help you out.

I'll cross my fingers for 30mph top speed 16in from kingsong. With that headroom it would be very rare to hit an alarm or tilt back.

The mcm5 is this way, only beeped at me one time so far and that was at 25mph at about 80% battery. If I had more charge I would not have had any beeps that time either. 

I like having more speed than is needed. As the battery % goes down the riding doesnt need to change, and on my route to work that is very well known to me there is enough top end to not be beeping all the time. 

My 16s with the xl pedals is super comfy and I prefer the commute on it over the mcm5 but it is always hitting the beeps. I have the alarm set to 34kph and tilt back at 35kph. 

I completely agree 45kph should be the minimum.  Kingsong doesnt release wheels nearly as often as gotway. I'm my opinion kingsong should at least match the performance of the Tesla :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flying W said:

I'll cross my fingers for 30mph top speed 16in from kingsong. With that headroom it would be very rare to hit an alarm or tilt back.

The mcm5 is this way, only beeped at me one time so far and that was at 25mph at about 80% battery. If I had more charge I would not have had any beeps that time either. 

I like having more speed than is needed. As the battery % goes down the riding doesnt need to change, and on my route to work that is very well known to me there is enough top end to not be beeping all the time. 

My 16s with the xl pedals is super comfy and I prefer the commute on it over the mcm5 but it is always hitting the beeps. I have the alarm set to 34kph and tilt back at 35kph. 

I completely agree 45kph should be the minimum.  Kingsong doesnt release wheels nearly as often as gotway. I'm my opinion kingsong should at least match the performance of the Tesla :rolleyes:

You should consider upgrading to the 18L/XL.  

4 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

You should consider upgrading to the 18L/XL.  

Oddly I was between the XL and the mcm5 haha so I had to take a real hard look at where I wanted to be riding.  The mcm5 won as I really enjoy the mountain hike trails around here and the climbs are granny gear steep. 

Next wheel is most likely going to be an 18. I'm also short enough to hide behind a curb so a 16 hits my legs where an 18 would for a more normal person. 

Would love to collect them all but I'd be in trouble with the boss lady haha

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Flying W said:

Oddly I was between the XL and the mcm5 haha so I had to take a real hard look at where I wanted to be riding.  The mcm5 won as I really enjoy the mountain hike trails around here and the climbs are granny gear steep. 

Next wheel is most likely going to be an 18. I'm also short enough to hide behind a curb so a 16 hits my legs where an 18 would for a more normal person. 

Would love to collect them all but I'd be in trouble with the boss lady haha

I am in a similar situation, I have an 18L, selling my V10 (brand new) in the hope that I can get an MCM5 for the daily commute. Tested a friends a month ago and realised I needed it. It is light and convenient. 

30 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Tested a friends a month ago and realised I needed it. 

Haha, I try so hard to avoid friends new toys because apparently I have no idea what I need!

@Marty Backe was correct when he said it almost makes a 16in wheel redundant. There is no doubt in my mind that I could be happy (for a min or two) with an mcm5 and a long range 18 like the XL. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I really had hope Kingsong had tossed the community a teasrr bone and some ideas on this KS16X. Especially after that post from @Jason McNeil about expectations of news within a week.

I am still....

giphy.gif

46 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Do we know 100% that the 16X is coming, and we're just wondering when? Or there's a chance nothing is coming?

As Kingsong themselves have not made officially comments anything can happen....

But we have had teaser information from people that are usually very well informed and reliable.

But since it is still work in progress and no unveiling as of yet, then any specefication and looks could change a lot for final product.

As of yet, this is still a rumour thread...take anything here with a "large" spoon of salt...

A reliable source just sent me this: 

The new king song 16x

517g9yFEirL.jpg

What, You're saying I'm wrong Monarch Song, this isn't the new 16x...

Do you have any proof of that I think you should prove me wrong

;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Heyzeus said:

The new king song 16x

517g9yFEirL.jpg

;)

That is clearly not the 16X, since KingSong now uses much larger pedals! That might be an early 16S prototype though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heyzeus said:

The new king song 16x

517g9yFEirL.jpg

;)

It looks more like a GW Mtewnty3

@Marty Backe is project manager. 👌 

Special feture: manual drive...

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kuji Rolls said:

No more rumors. Here's the real thing: https://youtu.be/ZhCCMtfBqSk 
Also, gotta give a huge thanks to @Jason McNeil from eWheels and Kingsong for allowing me to do a KS16X GIVEAWAY! Someone's going to win a $2000 wheel... 

TLDW: The Kingsong 16X is one of the best off-roading wheels and makes a solid city commuter. It's street performance is very solid, off-roading is amazing. The only drawback for speed freaks will be the top speed, 45kmh (28mph). 

Holy pants...

I think the only thing that's off-putting for me is the bit of the shell that extends below the pedals. It seems reeeeeally low to the ground and wide enough to catch larger pebbles/rocks when off-roading. Did this ever happen when you were testing it @Kuji Rolls? Maybe that's what caused some of your... off-wheel adventures? :efee612b4b:

Edited by Arbolest
forgot to call out Kuji by name in a question.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:
1) Shell at the bottom will be cut a little, current one too close to the ground  
2) Pillar, we will revise to Ninebot Z10 style 
3) Add brake light + turning light
4) Make the shell which with LED underneath transparent to make the LED more bright. 

#2, Pillar... What do you mean by this?

Looks like a beast for trail riding. I like the design. It needs the bigger pedals also but luckily they are available separately (I hope). 

The only negative from the video is the sound. There is still that high pitch whine. But otherwise this takes the cake in its category. V10F cannot match with battery and looks nicer than the Nikola. It will be difficult to choose between this and the 18XL. 

When will this be available? 

• Like 1