Jump to content
Jean Dublin

KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I didn't pad it. I just practice in the hallway in the house. I have advanced to the living room. So far, I have 8 miles on it... LOL

I wish I had access to a long narrow hallway.  Nice progression.  You're definitely well ahead of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So finally after two busy days, I’ve finally had the chance to ride my 16X for the first time on a long ride. 

3C364277-AD06-47BB-A69D-2F0562CBC64B.thumb.jpeg.b5a281d7a4955f7f8fd8a00f9fcee682.jpeg

735C58C0-2B9A-41D2-B70D-25A2E5D0387D.thumb.jpeg.09d62bd05b1fd1ae56b15825a30fb049.jpeg

 

82813D3D-1E64-4653-B0D8-7C4940E6600F.thumb.jpeg.6b3db7c7efc3d1f1b3a87ba1cdc35997.jpeg

Chose a route that brought my group up a steep hill and the wheel performed flawlessly, there was a light drizzle prior to this so I didn’t wanna push the wheel too much. 

The lights on this thing is pretty bright for the dark trails we rode on. And the tires handled the slightly wet metal grill like bridge as we descended the hill. 

 

Im still trying to get use to the tire as well. Everytime I turn, it will sort of snap me back to upright position once I’m done with the turn. Uneven surfaces seemed more pronounced as well as the wheel kinda wobbles when going over them. 

 

Perhaps I need more time to get use to the wheel, or perhaps I need a change of tires to the newer ones kingsong is putting on the current batch of 16Xs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hibiki Mr.H said:

85962.thumb.jpg.7443ece873af61594644adaf7618a0f4.jpg 85963.thumb.jpg.ff7cbbd03923c8f75b2f91f21e2344d4.jpg

 

I got the 16x3.0 tires just now. I will get the packaging boxes tomorrow morning and check for the shipping costs tomorrow at lunch, and then i will PM each of you tomorrow afternoon. THEN, you can decide if you still want the tire. Thanks guys.

@chrisjunlee @Jon Stern @cyfur @Gustesta @Tom D @CampDylan @Genghis @VonWiffen @Azze80

 

If someone decides not to take one. I will buy one from you.

Edited by GreyRider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, prasket said:

Nice! I had not taken a side-by-side shot of my V8 & 16X so here it is. I am very happy the 16x is not as big as I imagined it was going to be after riding/ trying out others 18XL and Nikola.

IMG_2642.thumb.JPG.aefe7fcbbb7070789122631124f4975f.JPG

 

Comparing the tire on you picture just ozzes this is a different league of wheel. 

My V8 served its purpose, my learning wheel, I doubt I would ride one again, so much have happen the last 1.5 years... Just as the V8 was huge step forward when it was released compared to wheels before its time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

I'm still trying to get use to the tire as well. Everytime I turn, it will sort of snap me back to upright position once I’m done with the turn. Uneven surfaces seemed more pronounced as well as the wheel kinda wobbles when going over them. 

I lowered my tire PSI to 30 and this quite happening for me. I am 190 lbs with gear on. I have seen others that have lowered even more but are also lighter weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Garrie Lim said:

Im still trying to get use to the tire as well. Everytime I turn, it will sort of snap me back to upright position once I’m done with the turn. 

Yup, you need to maintain force/weight during the maneuver. You'll get used to it soon and have yet another skill in your toolbox :)

Try 25 PSI, that's how much I would bump up my 16X if I were to do a heavy errand run. Also put in tire sealant.

32 minutes ago, prasket said:

I lowered my tire PSI to 30 and this quite happening for me. I am 190 lbs with gear on. I have seen others that have lowered even more but are also lighter weight.

Hello fellow Seattlite~! I would only lower the tire pressure if you're getting unmanageable wobbles.

For my weight of 137 lbs, I needed to take it down to 18 PSI until the tire broke in. Contrast to the CST, where I'm running 28 PSI right off the bat.

Edited by chrisjunlee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

KS16X LED Lights Tutorial plus sneak peek at how my fast charger adaptor works and some night riding.

Too many 16X review videos out there so i decided to make something different...

 

Cool. Well done. Thanks man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little speed test on my 2nd ride with my 16X

8AA58DFA-B268-4445-A899-7DF828023124.thumb.jpeg.af83f92f8a71b6abdb98d6ac73fb4ffc.jpeg

 

2054CBC6-6E3A-4434-BC3D-831F1DD83491.thumb.jpeg.4f23d8c5871efbbec1ecf256e7fd593b.jpeg

 

B94E41D8-DB64-4986-A2B0-EF811CD0758C.thumb.jpeg.8d65bf887635dfa7fbe3031b35fac73a.jpeg

 

Did not turn on my Garmin, but rather was using my Strava app on my Apple Watch instead. Kingsong app states 48.9kph whilst Strava was more generous at 54.7kph. 

I’m more inclined to believe the kingsong app. 

 

Also so I think I did hear the “please decelerate” announcement but I wasn’t sure despite listening out for it. 

 

Was not wearing PPE today so did not wanna push my luck.

 

Wheel was at around 80V when tested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I’m more inclined to believe the kingsong app.

Talking about the kingsong app it appears you have the same issue as i had: "illegal device" on the front screen.

For information: Dowloading the kingsong app from the official kingsong website instead of the android store solved the issue for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SamSuffit said:

Talking about the kingsong app it appears you have the same issue as i had: "illegal device" on the front screen.

For information: Dowloading the kingsong app from the official kingsong website instead of the android store solved the issue for me.

I’m using iOS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 9:28 PM, Jon Stern said:

I just came back from my first ride with 1.05 firmware (I was away on vacation with the family for a week and just got home).

First thing, my pedal float got a lot worse. After the BT firmware update, I was very rarelt getting random pedal tilt, so long as I didn't play music. Now my petals seem to be changing posture pretty much all the time. I tried horizontal gyro calibration twice.

On a positive notr, I tried a very steep hill. Previously, it was hard work to get up it. With 1.05 it was easy. Nice improvement.

Have you done the latest USB update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I’m using iOS 

Are you using the latest app Version? Use the newest app! Can only be find in app store under "Kingsong_New" (underscore!!)

It should not Show "illegal device" then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, US69 said:

Are you using the latest app Version? Use the newest app! Can only be find in app store under "Kingsong_New" (underscore!!)

It should not Show "illegal device" then!

Thank you. I’ll try it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Thank you. I’ll try it

Hmm, actually yours look like the last app, i was irritated by some screenshots...but definitly check if you have latest Version of the app.

I am also on IOS and the 16x Shows up fine….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, US69 said:

Hmm, actually yours look like the last app, i was irritated by some screenshots...but definitly check if you have latest Version of the app.

I am also on IOS and the 16x Shows up fine….

Yeah I realised my app was updated prior to this because I had 13 updates in App Store and I just updated all without checking what was being updated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if the 50kph speed is hardwired into the system or can you go past it? The speed settings allow u to set tiltback above 50kph so I’m wondering if anyone has went above 50kph so far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Does anyone know if the 50kph speed is hardwired into the system or can you go past it? The speed settings allow u to set tiltback above 50kph so I’m wondering if anyone has went above 50kph so far. 

No, it is hardwired into Firmware.

The Sliders go to 60...but any Settings above 50 will not get confirmed!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

Yeah I realised my app was updated prior to this because I had 13 updates in App Store and I just updated all without checking what was being updated. 

How come you use the old app and not the new one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

How come you use the old app and not the new one?

I meant when the photo was taken, it’s was a few hours ago. I came home and posted here. After that I went for a run and when I came home my phone had 13 iOS updates so I just updated all. 

 

Shortly later i opened this forum and read everything and read about the app being updated so I went to search for it. But I found out it was already updated(part of the 13 updates)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I meant when the photo was taken, it’s was a few hours ago. I came home and posted here. After that I went for a run and when I came home my phone had 13 iOS updates so I just updated all. 

 

Shortly later i opened this forum and read everything and read about the app being updated so I went to search for it. But I found out it was already updated(part of the 13 updates)

And now? Should not Show illegal device anymore, or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I meant when the photo was taken, it’s was a few hours ago. I came home and posted here. After that I went for a run and when I came home my phone had 13 iOS updates so I just updated all. 

 

Shortly later i opened this forum and read everything and read about the app being updated so I went to search for it. But I found out it was already updated(part of the 13 updates)

 That’s not what I meant. In your video you are using the old app. I was wondering why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...