Jean Dublin

KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I ordered a 16X today. I did sell my Onewheel after all. And failed to replace it. One wobbly wheel for another! :roflmao:The Nikola 100V was great but it's too similar to my MSX. I want something that is the opposite of it.

Oh wow. Congrats! 

Now you can get this so we can match:¬†https://www.foxracing.com/proframe-helmet-zebra-[zeb]-s/23194-559-S.html¬†ūü¶ď

Regarding the stock tire: this is something I've noticed since I have so many miles on this (almost at 1000 kilometers!), the tire softens with wear. This isn't scientific, but I feel that 22 PSI now feels like 18 PSI used to. I keep on thinking I'm leaking air and double checking my tire pressure. The weather hasn't changed, if anything it's a bit colder. 

Maybe someone in Seattle getting their new 16X this week could let me try their wheel?

Edited by chrisjunlee

Posted (edited)

I’m getting out of bed at 3:17am just to do this :D

Screenshot_20190820-032604_Kingsong.jpg

Edited by chrisjunlee

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

I’m getting out of bed at 3:17am just to do this :D

Screenshot_20190820-032604_Kingsong.jpg

I was hoping you would. :)

Posted (edited)

I upgraded to firmware v1.05 and rode 2.5 miles to the train station this morning. No issues so far.

Edited by GreyRider

it's funny that my local EUC distributor just called me. He said he heard of the H-5167 tire I installed on my 16X. And he asked me to order some more for him. LOL

I didn't even share this info in my local group, because there were only 8 first batch owners in a 300 people local group and I thought they don't care about the tires.

So here is your chance to get the CYT H-5167 tire, if anyone is still interested. The dead line is 15 hours later from now. :P

42 minutes ago, heldenhaft said:

@hsiang@tw i take one :)!

ok I will put your name on the list too.

Since my name is confused with Hsiang@NYC and hard to tag, I will just change it.

My Chinese letter of Hsiang is same as Hibiki in Japanese, so.... 

totally off topic....oh well :laughbounce2:

22 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

*except for when you actually learn to ride it properly, then this goes away*

The behaviour of the wheel doesn’t go away. The rider just learns to adjust and compensate.

22 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

Your troubles will go away if you just learn the wheel as you did when you got your first wheel. 

A local rider with the Z10 as a first wheel has been riding for a good while now, but has been visiting the ER for 2 (or was it 3?) times due to sudden unexplained behaviour from the Z10. Hitting even something very minor in a specific angle can start a fateful  chain of reactions that is obviously very hard to control, even after a few thousand miles on the Z10. That is the main reason why I can not recommend the Z10 to anyone. The troubles do not necessarily go away after all.

20 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

I don't think of EUC's  as a unique environment for the tire.

Yes, it is still used as a tire. But an EUC is the only vehicle that rides on just a single e-bike (or motorcycle) tire. I would guess that the gyro effect of the CX321 for example would be barely, if at all noticeable on a bike. The riding dynamics and requirements for a specific behaviour are that much different.

20 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

Never the less, very thoughtful and respectful replies - many of which are on point, and some of which like the above I feel not so much. 

That was a very kind reply, thank you for your very constructive attitude! I’m fine with disagreeing on topics, as that is to be expected. But rarely do I see it happening with such respect. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hibiki Mr.H said:

Since my name is confused with Hsiang@NYC and hard to tag, I will just change it.

"Hibiki!"  I just bought a case (6-bottles) of Hibiki Harmony.  Suntory hasn't shipped the stuff in nearly a year.  The islands received one large shipment and I'm told that's it for the year.  Now, this is REALLY off topic.  Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw you changed your account to Hibiki.  Good taste!

Ok, to get back on topic...Jason (and FedEx) says I should receive my 16X tomorrow, no later than 8:00PM.  I'll do FW update immediately.

1 hour ago, Hibiki Mr.H said:

Hey... I'm going to wait... please take me off the list.

8 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yes, it is still used as a tire. But an EUC is the only vehicle that rides on just a single e-bike (or motorcycle) tire. I would guess that the gyro effect of the CX321 for example would be barely, if at all noticeable on a bike. The riding dynamics and requirements for a specific behaviour are that much different.

@mrelwood  Are you suggesting the tire gets lonely?   Because for the life of me I can not figure out how riding on tire is different than riding on 2 tires *to the tire design*.  That is to say, please explain how the riding requirements are different for the tire with one tire being used instead of two tires being used.  I always love the possibility of learning something new, so I look forward to this.  :)

18 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

That was a very kind reply, thank you for your very constructive attitude! I’m fine with disagreeing on topics, as that is to be expected. But rarely do I see it happening with such respect. Thank you!

Well I almost always try, but I don't always succeed. Usually I fail most often when shots have been fired already.   Your responses are written with respect, and so deserve it in return (though I may poke a little fun at them from time to time as I have done above with the snarky lonely comment - it's not disrespect, it intended as fun only and to lighten the discussion).

Fw upgrade(excuse my bad English:) )

Upgraded to 1.05 this morning before my commute. I'm not sure if it was the firmware or the horizontal calibration but the wheel feel SO MUCH more locked in now. 11mi so far on the new firmware and it feels good. I don't connect to the bluetooth for music though, so I'm not sure if the issues related to that have been resolved as I never experienced them.

7 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Regarding the stock tire: this is something I've noticed since I have so many miles on this (almost at 1000 kilometers!), the tire softens with wear. This isn't scientific, but I feel that 22 PSI now feels like 18 PSI used to. I keep on thinking I'm leaking air and double checking my tire pressure. The weather hasn't changed, if anything it's a bit colder. 

Maybe someone in Seattle getting their new 16X this week could let me try their wheel?

I've noticed this as well. I keep thinking my tire has a leak or is getting low, but I'm still right at 39PSI.

2 hours ago, Tom D said:

.Jason (and FedEx) says I should receive my 16X tomorrow, no later than 8:00PM

Hey Tom, I'm having Jason do the updates for me before he ships mine here to Waikiki, probably arriving end of week or next.  See you around town!

8 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Oh wow. Congrats! 

Now you can get this so we can match:¬†https://www.foxracing.com/proframe-helmet-zebra-[zeb]-s/23194-559-S.html¬†ūü¶ď

Thanks! I have a Lazer Phoenix full face helmet that works nicely. Twinning is always fun though.

So happy to hear the new firmware (at least initially)  is working well!  

The ride is a lot better. Feels like the wheel itself is carrying a lot more confidence! Hard mode is a little more playful, but yet it still responds really nicely when you charge. Loving this update! Comfortably hit 30mph, but I wasn’t about to try the newly unlocked 37mph barrier yet.

7 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Loving this update! Comfortably hit 30mph, but I wasn’t about to try the newly unlocked 37mph barrier yet.

I don't think you can set it to 37mph if you do it reverts back to 31mph can anyone confirm this ūüĎć

1 minute ago, stephen said:

I don't think you can set it to 37mph if you do it reverts back to 31mph can anyone confirm this ūüĎć

Oh I didn't even try setting it over 31mph. If the setting sticks, I'd like to see who has the balls to try it first. If so, be careful!

11 minutes ago, HarpMudd said:

Oh I didn't even try setting it over 31mph. If the setting sticks, I'd like to see who has the balls to try it first. If so, be careful!

The wheel has plenty of power to get there (37mph).  I can tell when I get to 30mph and there's a lot of motor wattage left.

4 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

rider nervousness as I really hammered it and it was the first ride after an update,

Mike you have my undivided attention as you proceed to evaluate the newest update. 

1.05 is now installed on my X but given my luck I’ve probably downloaded some corrupt binary string that’s waiting to unleash it’s ugliness. 

28 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yes, 50 kph (31 mph) remains my max after the update. Setting it to 60 kph and pressing confirm just resets it back to 50kph. 

4 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Mike you have my undivided attention as you proceed to evaluate the newest update. 

1.05 is now installed on my X but given my luck I’ve probably downloaded some corrupt binary string that’s waiting to unleash it’s ugliness. 

Hopefully my wheel be all updated before shipping it out next week. But with my luck I properly get it by 2031....with a storage bill attached:unsure: