Jean Dublin

KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Just elbow and knee, the left knee pad slit off from hitting a root.

58DC0542-9CD2-412F-A065-19D2CD80896B.thumb.jpeg.9c77200d63e4772030dd93e385768996.jpeg9408CC57-53F8-4309-BBE8-F1D510CBB875.thumb.jpeg.8acc57c54e0ddf89cc200ef658c57e86.jpeg

Ugh! 

12 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Which knee pads you wear? 

7 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

IXS Dagger

Looks like your knee pads gave you a dagger. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Makes a guy wanna go back and revisit his martial arts fall training from so many years ago!

Especially before my high performance wheel arrives, if I ever make up my bloody mind (Nikola or 16x?) Its pretty hard to enjoy your ride AND be 100% protected I think.

Nice battle wound @RoadRunner

Edited by Old Glider
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am going to the Kingsong factory next week Tuesday. Anyone want me to provide a feedback on the 16x for them?

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Afeez Kay said:

I am going to the Kingsong factory next week Tuesday. Any one want a me to provide a feedback on the 16x for them?

Just ask them to please allow for the "slow down warning" to be muted or turned down on their wheels.

1 minute ago, Girth Brooks said:

Just ask them to please allow for the "slow down warning" to be muted or turned down on their wheels.

Okay 

4 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

feedback on the 16x for them

Yeah tell them to kick that shitty tire in the trash and that they speed up to get that firmware done. :laughbounce2:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

I am going to the Kingsong factory next week Tuesday. Anyone want me to provide a feedback on the 16x for them?

19 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

speed up to get that firmware done. :laughbounce2:

Yes please ask them when the new firmware will issued. I can ride 30 miles and still be at 100% battery level. I knew the mileage would be great but not to this degree. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Would be sweet if we could route warnings to BT headset/phone headset. 

If we could get an eta on firmware update and seat/sidepanels options too. 

Personally I think the missed to put in white leds the front wents. 

And I would love a commuter/traffic lighting option (like front part led side ring is white, lowerpart is yellow /orange and rear I'd red). 

5 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Video is unlisted. That's why.

Or get the 100V with the smaller battery option?

smaller battery option is 4 parallel packs?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Afeez Kay said:

Ask them for discount for us😁

@eddiemoy are all your cameras broken or why is it that i don’t see any 16X or Nikola videos? :crying:

helllllloooo iam waiting. :)

This 16X question is for @Jason McNeil:

My rapid charger only turns on when set to 100% at 5 amp even if my 16Xs voltage registers below 80%. When I try setting the charger to 90%/ 5 amp  there is momentary burst (millisecond) of activity then the charger just switches off. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

This 16X question is for @Jason McNeil:

My rapid charger only turns on when set to 100% at 5 amp even if my 16Xs voltage registers below 80%. When I try setting the charger to 90%/ 5 amp  there is momentary burst (millisecond) of activity then the charger just switches off. 

Anyone else experiencing this?

I haven't had mine up to 5amps yet, but 1-3amps up to 80% have been working fine on mine so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sparetire55 said:

I haven't had mine up to 5amps yet, but 1-3amps up to 80% have been working fine on mine so far.

Thanks! I’ll try that. I’m always in a hurry so my motto is ‘100% or go home’. :)

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Yes please ask them when the new firmware will issued. I can ride 30 miles and still be at 100% battery level. I knew the mileage would be great but not to this degree. 

Dan,

I read that you that you can down load the new Kingsong app from their website that will work properly with the 16X.  But no new firmware yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Paolini said:

@Afeez Kay  Tell them the Speed restriction locked to excessive milage is a stupid one.  Anything more than 20 miles of requirement is really unacceptable.  

There is no speed restriction locked to excessive mileage.

If you follow the instructions you can ride 30mph the first mile. I did it with mine and this is my first King Song wheel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fryman said:

Dan,

I read that you that you can down load the new Kingsong app from their website that will work properly with the 16X.  But no new firmware yet.

Thanks buddy! I’ll give it a try. If I crash and burn after the download my wife just might give you my other wheels. 

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks buddy! I’ll give it a try. If I crash and burn after the download my wife just might give you my other wheels. 

Lol....that's a deal!

1 hour ago, fryman said:

down load the new Kingsong app from their website

It just leads me to the appstore

39 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

It just leads me to the appstore

Downloading from the website only works for Android.

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

I said I was going to report back @chrisjunlee. I tested some tire pressures today.

As you might remember, I am riding normally at 2bar (or 29 psi for you savages).

I lowered the pressure to 1.6bar (23 psi). Wow this thing feels like riding on a pillow now. Didn't really notice a difference in handling. Brake wobbles still there.

Then I just went crazy and lowered the pressure to 1.2 bar (17.4 PSI). Well ... guess what?

No more sideways wobbling under braking :popcorn: I can confidently brake from 40+km/h to standstill now.

"Riding on a pillow": yup! I'm trying to wean myself off these comfortable low pressures now, but man does low pressure feel seductively cush. Having you tried carving at 20+mph at your pillow 23 PSI? It feels so solid to me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

"Riding on a pillow": yup! I'm trying to wean myself off these comfortable low pressures now, but man does low pressure feel seductively cush. Having you tried carving at 20+mph at your pillow 23 PSI? It feels so solid to me

Yeah it rides just fine