KingSong 16X 1554Wh 2200W 16*3in (Released July 2019)

Jean eRide.ie Community

1 hour ago, Kens said:

Can you trace it? Open the side covers and just follow where water could flows down.

I'll probably have mine open again very soon (I changed my controller board on Sunday, but it's not working now).

I'll try to remember to take a look.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stephen said:

You could probly pause this video in place to look

Based on the photos I snatched from the video it appears if water does infiltrate the handle region it will be channeled down to the pedal hangers. Where it goes from there....:confused1: 

48713157028_94f41f4400_b.jpg

48713157033_c612d82d0d_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1

If you happen to have KS-16X seat, then you can also use it in the rain just as a cover to the trolley handle and you won't have to worry about water entering from those openings.

It should pretty much seal up the top of the wheel I believe.

Edited by Adel

8 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

With my 16x being out of commission, I commuted on my V8 today.

OMG! It felt like I was riding an electric roller skate. A complete toy compared to the 16x.

The lack of speed makes it feel less safe in traffic.

It's all a matter of riding context/environment.

Sub-20mph/sub-1200W wheels are definitely for dedicated bike lanes and in parks and on sidewalks, not for riding in road traffic. This doesn't automatically make them a toy (in the same way a bicycle used as a commuter device in these settings is not automatically a toy)--lots of non-toys still don't belong in road traffic.

Riding in road traffic is definitely the province of PEVs that are comfortable at least in the 20's-30 mph.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

So second/thrird time I've charged my wheel and was going do a full range test and its bloody raining and i go on holiday tomorrow for a week ☹️ British weather for you ☹️ I'll miss the 16x I'm excited to go on it , I'll do more after my holiday ,time to chill out 👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

That's one of the main reasons i left

Me Too!

40 minutes ago, Garrie Lim said:

I stay in Singapore and it’s hot like anything. I work as a flight crew and just got back from London, loved the weather there. Nice and cool.  

I'm just across the water from Singa's in Darwin and the build up is coming be a good trial for the X

4 hours ago, stephen said:

So second/thrird time I've charged my wheel and was going do a full range test and its bloody raining and i go on holiday tomorrow for a week ☹️ British weather for you ☹️ I'll miss the 16x I'm excited to go on it , I'll do more after my holiday ,time to chill out 👍

Bring the wheel on your vacation. Or move to Nottingham. In the three years I lived there we only had 4 days of rain. IT did a 10 min in the morning and in the afternoon but not the hole day like in Sweden/Denmark. here it can rain more or less the hole day for a week 

59 minutes ago, stephen said:

Well it cleared up and managed to go out and have a blast WOW! This thing is great and soon gets upto speed, i pumped tyres back up to 30psi i was hitting 25-27mph easy ,,, without even noticing,,,i did 29 miles no restrictions, nearly got home going up hill at 25mph and got a tiltback , when i got home i looked at the battery 47% I'm sure this wheel can manage i bit further down the battery ( what do you guys think?), What a blast though,i can maintain higher speeds on this than my msx ,, what a thrilling ride 😁,,,,30 miles at 20+ mph and still 47% battery left that's not bad, i think kingsong could push the battery speed a bit more down the battery before throttling , but WOW what a ride 😁😁😁 absolute beast

Screenshot-20190911-130803-com-cooper-wh
Screenshot-20190911-130834-com-kingsong-

👍👍

You’re still getting tilt back at around 72-73V ? I thought with the new test firmware ttiltback was not supposed to kick in until 70V. 

7 minutes ago, Adel said:

You’re still getting tilt back at around 72-73V ? I thought with the new test firmware ttiltback was not supposed to kick in until 70V. 

73V at rest easily dips below 70V while riding 25mph uphill.

22 minutes ago, fryman said:

Good example why Kingsong's engineers need to keep working on this wheel.  We know they can do better.

Just wondering what do you find acceptable? And just why are you interested in a Kingsong wheel (and KS16X) if this is not acceptable for you as it is? 

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Just wondering what do you find acceptable? And just why are you interested in a Kingsong wheel (and KS16X) if this is not acceptable for you as it is? 

I understand you love the wheel and its acceptable to you (I may do the same one day). 25% or less before throttling should be acceptable.  KS is currently my manufacture of choice because of there quality and safety standards. It just seems we are lowering the bar for this wheel when I know KS can do better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adel said:

As mrelwood said .it goes below 70v when your riding/pushing it

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

73V at rest easily dips below 70V while riding 25mph uphill.

👍👍

40 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

@stephen sounds great! What firmware is on your wheel?

I'm on a test firmware from kingsong

13 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I think the firmware is good 30miles at good speeds today but i thing down to 67-68v would be better for top speeds  and the limit after that , so I'd probly get 35 miles before limited,, i mean my 30 miles was at 20+ mph mostly..i loved it

• Like 2