Cool reflective gear, gadgets and clothing

On 1/17/2019 at 9:20 PM, Kristof Willen said:

I recently bought this and I'm using it since last week.  You have indeed the option for different styles of light effects : flashing multicolor, or steady single-color.  I prefer the single-color options (yellow or red).  The flashing effect makes me feel too much like a disco ball or a christmas tree.  I wear a backpack, and have no problem wearing the Noxgear over it (just order the XL size).  

I must say that if you don't like to stand out in the traffic, this thing isn't for you.  I frequently have cars slowing down to check out what's riding next to them on the bike lane.  Using the side LEDs as well on my Inmotion V10  adds to the overall futuristic effect. 

Overall, I'm very happy with this : on some parts of my commute the bike lane is nothing more than a thin paint stripe, where I'm less than 1m from the cars whizzing by at 70km/h.  Riding in the dark under such circumstances, the back light of my EUC isn't sufficient to ride safely.  With the Tracer360, I'm confident to be seen at all times. 

Nice! It's definitely a cool piece of safety gear! I wouldn't mind using one myself, as long as it were in steady, single-colour mode :efee612b4b:

But the KS18XL has completely emptied my pockets, so I might have to settle with the cheaper alternative (the same 7€ LED collar I put on my dog when I walk her at night) :efee612b4b:

wkk4js.jpg

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

Nice! It's definitely a cool piece of safety gear! I wouldn't mind using one myself, as long as it were in steady, single-colour mode :efee612b4b:

But the KS18XL has completely emptied my pockets, so I might have to settle with the cheaper alternative (the same 7€ LED collar I put on my dog when I walk her at night) :efee612b4b:

wkk4js.jpg

Put one high up on each thigh and make it look like your ass is on fire.;)

I bought this it's very bright and the lasers are cool as seen in my video

Check this out at Amazon.co.uk
Meilan X5 Wireless Bike Bicycle Rear tail Light lamp Smart USB Rechargeable Cycling Accessories Remote Turn led https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075PC21BG/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_TbvrCbQB85V59

Another affordable alternative could be rechargeable, LED "running" bracelets. I already have a red LED light on the back of my helmet, so I should be more than visible from behind. The front isn't a concern, as the 18XL has a fantastic headlight, so these might just be the perfect option for lateral visibility, with the added bonus making turn signals much more visible too:

axcz9i.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Fashion-cool-Rechargeable-Adjustable-Bracelets/dp/B01G6GYRZA/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1548419017&sr=8-13&keywords=rechargeable+led+bracelet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I earlier wrote about a backpack made in reflective fabric. I habe been using this some time on daly basis, but it didn't hold up in a slide on tarmac in my resent crash. So it got a tear in the rather thin fabric. Also the straps to secure the backpack from sliding of shoulder and around your waist were a bit disappointing. 

So I ended up ordering a backpack from Vaude, the nrand I used the past 15ish years. And in red colours to stand out in traffic.

VAUDE BIKE ALPIN 30 + 5 

bG9jYWw6Ly8vcHJvZHVjdC8yMjY1MTI0XzEucG5n

This is similar design to my old trust backpack only larger and more slick or areo dynamic . The fitting is a much better fit and solutions. It has reflective print on and a raincover buildin. I chose this large sice as I have a change of cloth with me to work. And I often ride to shop on my way home from work. 

Archived