Two hands, its a revelation.

Chrisxr2

So, as i am notmally in shorts and a t shirt i have been practising with my left hand loosely holding the leaqsh that stops the euc shooting of if i take a tumble. Today i put on a pair of jeans and attached the leash to my belt, and its like night and day, simple really but balancing with one hand is impossible. Two hands is so much easier, but with having the wheel still attached to you so you can grab it safely if you take a spill you ride with more confidence too.

You are getting there! Keep it up! B) In the end you'll use your arms to balance only when stopping or balancing in place not dismounting. In the morning I commute with one hand in my jacket while holding a coffee in the other hand. :rolleyes: Not the ideal rolemodel I know :P so dont try this yet.

Well it's attach it to yourself by your arm or hand and have way less balance, or attach it to a part of you such as your belt,and have more balance, or not use it at all and risk smashing your euc up. I'm really not going fast enough for messing too run out of a fall and ours loose enough for it not to feel like it's attached but easy enough for me to grab when I do jump off.

I have I have my ninebot attached by leash to my belt and have stacked it plenty,I'd rather it trip me when I make a mistake than have 14kg  lump slam into a child at 20kph or into a road and cause  an accident.

my wheel=my fault,and I'd rather my toys hurt me than someone else

I always advise to attach to your belt and keep your hands free. I you have an inch or two of slack when standing on the wheel, so it's tight enough not to catch in the wheel it gives an extra 4 inches or so of slack when you are on the ground which is plenty for it to stay 2 or 3 feet clear of your legs.

I have I have my ninebot attached by leash to my belt and have stacked it plenty,I'd rather it trip me when I make a mistake than have 14kg  lump slam into a child at 20kph or into a road and cause  an accident.

i agree with this - if i rode near people i'd be inclined to use a leash to stop it hitting anyone.

having arms free to balance is pretty important to me.

Hey everyone after reading a lot and practicing a lot, I just removed the leash on my Pinwheel T1.  I am thinking to add some form of leash to stop it from running away and my thought was that holding on to it may keep me from face planting if my feet can't keep up with my upper body when I fall.

I notice my biggest problem is my sore feet after riding too long.  Now with removing the leash, I am relaxing more and can move my feet slightly.  I rode my EUC for 4 miles to test battery capacity and was relatively comfortable.

I notice my biggest problem is my sore feet after riding too long.  Now with removing the leash, I am relaxing more and can move my feet slightly.  I rode my EUC for 4 miles to test battery capacity and was relatively comfortable.

Can you not lock off the leash with some slack to allow you more freedom to move?

You can even get the sprung roll identity card holders if you want the wheel to go a bit farther from you whilst still being tethered.

The ones I've found only work with a very thin thread, so unless you use a Kevlar fibre I'm not sure how well that would work.

Wouldnt it be cool if the wheel would deploy some kind of small parachute to slow down after you jusmp off? :) Maybe it can also open up small parking wheels and gracefully come to a stop. that would add some serious cool points to the rider :) 

in all seriousness, its hard to predict how the wheel will behave if tethered to the rider under different scenarios: wheel continuing to roll, wheel tumbling over..etc  , rider jumping off, rider falling down, rider rolling on pvement,   There is also different wheel geometries , weight distribution, etc. this has to be thouroughly tested. In any case connecting the wheel to the rider does not appear to be a very good safety solution. I believe the wheel itself should have safety measures to prevent it from rolling too far. I doubt though that this issue will ever be fully resolved

I doubt though that this issue will ever be fully resolved

The wheel geometry could also work here: make it a tall box with no rounding, it should slam to it's front/back/side and slide some way, but it won't start rolling ;)

Archived