Tickets to San Francisco booked

Alex_from_NZ

Kiaora Team,

Just wondering if any locals can give me some pointers.  I have a little over a week in San Fran next may where i will be staying with some friends down in the Bay area.  They will be working and my wife will be shopping and i will be looking for trouble while i am bored.. :D 

What options are there for renting PEVs or something to get around?  I ride a EUC but guessing there is little opportunity to rent one out just yet.  Lime scooters dont interest me in the slightest (slightly repelled even).

If by some miracle i get my hands on something decent where is good to check out?  I loved telegraph street last time i was there and the Berkeley area was pretty chill, but everything was seen by car or with shopping bags in hand and thats just not the right way to experience things.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers mates,

Hello, BAEUC is mostly active on Facebook, so consider joining if you have an account: https://m.facebook.com/groups/621491334621039

We don’t have any professional rental services, but there have been a few folks say that they would be willing to rent their personal wheels out. I’m sure we can find you something, and set up a group ride as well. Lots of great routes in and around San Francisco.

So I will be in Oakland I have no idea if that is close to anywhere but figure I can Uber if need be. 

Would be super keen to go on a group ride, that would be amazing if timings worked out. Happy to pay euc rental fees etc. Seeing the area with a few locals sounds epic. 

Thank your everyone! 

On 12/30/2018 at 3:32 PM, Alex_from_NZ said:

So I will be in Oakland I have no idea if that is close to anywhere but figure I can Uber if need be. 

Oakland is just across the Bay from San Francisco, a short, fast ride on public transit. We treat SF like a playground on our wheels. Riding in the East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley) is cool too but things are a bit more spread out, less scenic, and with somewhat fewer bicycle lanes and infrastructure. We do group rides with BAESK8 every Saturday at 1 p.m. DM me, I can definitely help with a nice wheel while you are here. 

Archived