MSc dissertation regarding EUC etc.

Max Wiencek

I can't fill out your survey.  One question asks if I work or study or both or neither. But another quest ask how far is it to my place of work/study.  So if I answered "neither" to the first question, I cannot answer the second question truthfully as I have no place of work/study; yet it is a compulsory question.  Also, "Over 40" is not a meaningful age category.  I suggest that you  re-evaluate your questions with an eye on their logic, continuity, and the usefulness of the data that will result. 

I also question the validity of the sex question choice "prefer not to say"  Who really is trying to hide their gender in an anonymous electric transport survey?

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I can't fill out your survey.  One question asks if I work or study or both or neither. But another quest ask how far is it to my place of work/study.  So if I answered "neither" to the first question, I cannot answer the second question truthfully as I have no place of work/study; yet it is a compulsory question.  Also, "Over 40" is not a meaningful age category.  I suggest that you  re-evaluate your questions with an eye on their logic, continuity, and the usefulness of the data that will result. 

I also question the validity of the sex question choice "prefer not to say"  Who really is trying to hide their gender in an anonymous electric transport survey?

Hi Smoother,

Regarding the first thing, I have updated the "distance" question as to contain "other activities needing commuting".

Regarding age group, I have conducted a separate survey amongst people not familiar with PLEVs and learned that people in the group 35 and over are far less prone to start using them.

Regarding the sex question, I have to be very careful because of political correctness, inclusiveness etc., and trust me there would be people questioning me narrowing choice to only 2 options. These are the days we live in, pal :-)

14 minutes ago, Max Wiencek said:

Regarding age group, I have conducted a separate survey amongst people not familiar with PLEVs and learned that people in the group 35 and over are far less prone to start using them.

This above link with the forum internal age poll showed it differently. But it was three years ago, from people already riding euc's and beeing in this forum...

1 hour ago, Max Wiencek said:

Must be different for EUC users. EUCs have only been around a little over 4 years and 62% of us are over 40. :efef50e3ba:

I understand what you are saying, but I do not commute to any activity, work, study, or other.  I don't commute period.  So asking me how far my commute is, is presupposing I commute.  I ride a personal electric vehicle, yes, but I do it for leisure, not as a last/first or every mile commuting device.  And, I'm far from a minority in this respect.  Your survey is trying to establish commuting patterns, but does not allow for users who do not commute with their PEV's.  So as they say on Dragon's Den. "and for this reason, I'm out"

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

I understand what you are saying, but I do not commute to any activity, work, study, or other.  I don't commute period.  So asking me how far my commute is, is presupposing I commute.  I ride a personal electric vehicle, yes, but I do it for leisure, not as a last/first or every mile commuting device.  And, I'm far from a minority in this respect.  Your survey is trying to establish commuting patterns, but does not allow for users who do not commute with their PEV's.  So as they say on Dragon's Den. "and for this reason, I'm out"

He is trying to make a case that PEV’s can save the worlds transportation problems. Having Smoother riding around for fun isn’t helping. ;)

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

He is trying to make a case that PEV’s can save the worlds transportation problems. Having Smoother riding around for fun isn’t helping. ;)

Not so.  I used to go offroading in a Humvee for fun, so surely that counts. Not really.  But it sounded good.:D

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

45577883065_e0d0798881_o.png

1 hour ago, radial said:

45577883065_e0d0798881_o.png

Eh, no.  Because that would pad the data for "commutes of less than a mile", a category I do not fit in.  I'm not riding my wheel to this " other activity" my wheel IS the other activity, and I frequently drive to it. So if anything, I'm the anti-statistic.

Dear Friends! Thank you so much for your participation in my survey, it is very much appreciated! Nevertheless, there was a technical fault and there are few important questions that some of you did not answer as they did not display. Therefore, to avoid double input, I prepared an extra one with just 3 questions. If you already filled in the survey but did not see questions about accidents, then please check it out. I'll be able to match these answers to your previous if you do this from the same computer through unique anonymous ID on the system. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you once again!
https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/plevextra

On 12/27/2018 at 10:40 AM, Max Wiencek said:

Regarding the sex question, I have to be very careful because of political correctness, inclusiveness etc., and trust me there would be people questioning me narrowing choice to only 2 options. These are the days we live in, pal :-)

The joke is

-male

-female

-mentally ill

However, arguing that there are two sexes, with transsexuals having both, is impossible these days, as the scientific discipline known as biology is done dismissed in favor of "what gender do you feel like today"?

It's like religion, except instead of worshipping god you worship yourself, with a contempt so profound you feel the need to change what you were born with.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:44 AM, Max Wiencek said:

Hi folks!

I'm doing a research for my MSc dissertation regarding EUCs and other PLEVs.

I'd be very grateful if you could use 5 minutes and fill in a short survey for me.

https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/usingnmot

Thank you a million to all helping me out!

Best regards,

Max

Very good survey.  Good questions.  Thanks for making this available.

Archived