Julian Alvarez

Inmotion V10 Pedal Removal Issue

Hi All,

So, I went out today and got some mud in my V10 and wanted to disassemble it to clean the mud out. I looked up some video tutorials on disassembling the unit and unfortunately could not get past removing the V10 pedals. As stated in the video, I removed both hex screws on either side of the pedal and the hex screw underneath the pedal.

Then my issue came when the video showed people easily removing the 'axle'. I have tried both sides of both pedals and can not get the axle to come out. I've tried tapping on it with a hammer and flathead and it is not showing any signs of budging. I noticed that there appears to be some kind of white plastic cap or something when I look down the thread of the axle. Both sides look the same to me. The pedals feel very loose and there is some give between the pedal and spacers. It almost seems like the axle is stuck inside the pedal itself, but is loose from the part that's connected to the wheel itself.

Does anyone else encountered this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same issue with my V8, the videos made it look easy , on one side the plastic stayed in so I whack the other side hard with old screwdriver & hammer & it came out - my advice, don't tap it - Whack it :-) 

Posted (edited)

delete me

Edited by DanCar

Posted (edited)

A drill, and appropriately sized bit, works well for digging out whatever sort of adhesive is in there. It's how I ended up dealing with mine.

Edited by FoamieNinja