Mileage per charge base on battery quality?

JSUN

So i’m aware that there are many factors that can drain your battery including weight, rider’s style, incline, decline, and such. However, do you guys think that not all the EUC’s of the same model with the same battery run the amount of mileage as advertised or close to it due to poor battery quality? Which in turn is due to poor quality control? 

Under "real world" conditions, I don't think any wheel ever will achieve the advertised range. 

I am sure that the advertised ranges are determined with a 40 kg rider riding 10 km/h on polished concrete with a tailwind...   :D

All brand wheels by all manufacturers will show absolutely no difference in battery quality, and no discernible difference what range you get out of a certain battery size (Wh). You certainly won't find a difference between wheels that are the same model.

Manufacturers lie about range (or take it from ridiculously unrealistic riding conditions), that is all. Battery quality is of no concern, there are no differences. You can't find an 18L with "good" or "bad" batteries. All battery cells used in brand wheels are of the same quality, whether it be different battery manufacturers or different individual cells (or different EUC manufacturers).

The only way how a battery can be "bad" if it has been abused - left alone with too low or full charge for a very long time, frozen, things like that which will age or kill the battery.

I've owned a lot of wheels of varying capacities, and from different manufacturers. They all perform similarly. For instance, a ~800wh Gotway will provide about the same range as a ~800wh KingSong. My ~1000wh Z10 has similar range to the Gotway Tesla or Inmotion V10F.

Many people spend way too much time worrying about EUC batteries. Ride your wheel(s), charge them, and ride again. Don't bother trying to baby them so that they last 20-years. The batteries will easily last the 2 to 3 years that you'll own your wheel.

Archived