Shipping offer for ewheels.com customers (US)

Chriull

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 2:49 AM, Chriull said:

It's just a link to jasons post...

Works fine for me. Maybe some browser/forum software problem?!

Here the link again:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/12254-ks14s-680wh-black-fast-charger-for-sale-culver-city-area/?do=findComment&comment=206591

Hmmm...

Spoiler

1289291691_ScreenShot2019-01-20at9_56_23PM.thumb.png.efaa6c785581673d3205340e22ad09ae.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/22/2018 at 11:44 PM, Jason McNeil said:

If any eWheels Customers need to have used Wheels shipped out a Buyer within the US, please contact me at sales@ewheels.com & I can help out with providing shipping labels at our volume discounted shipping rates. For example, to send a 14S, in the original box, cross country will be about $38.  

Here again a quote of the post - as moderator i can see hidden posts....

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 4:44 AM, csmyers said:

Hi, this is a pinned post but all I see is "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."

Does anyone else have this issue?

Yes same with me from Scotland 

• Like 1

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to Shipping offer for ewheels.com customers (US)
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

DON'T DO THIS,  JASON AT EWHEELS IS A THIEF! I BOUGHT A WHEEL FROM SOMEONE THAT ORIGINALLY PURCHASED IT THROUGH EWHEELS, SO WE DECIDED TO USE JASON'S OFFER FOR THE SHIPPING. FEDEX DAMAGED THE WHEEL AND SENT IT BACK TO THE SELLER, IT NEVER EVEN GOT TO ME. JASON FILED A CLAIM WITH FEDEX, FEDEX PAID THE CLAIM AND JASON KEPT THE MONEY. SO THE WHEEL IS STILL DAMAGED AND THE SELLER HAS TO PAY OUT OF HIS POCKET IF HE WANTS TO SEND ME THE DAMAGED WHEEL. JASON IS AN UNETHICAL SCAMMER THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT HIMSELF!

On 1/22/2019 at 10:15 AM, csmyers said:

@Jason McNeil @Chriull Awesome! I'll definitely keep this in mind. Great offer for people in the community, thanks for providing this!

Is a scam, JASON is a thief!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 9:16 AM, WilliamG said:

Hi, this is William from eWheels. It's unfortunate that this whole saga has come to this. To clarify the situation on behalf of eWheels and the seller (and buyer):

First, as a disclaimer, we have been carrying out this service of offering our discounted shipping rates for some time now - we don't make any money on this at all. With regards to FedEx claims, if we have an issue with shipping damage, FedEx is highly unlikely to even pay out. In this case, we actually got luck that they did (under 25% of claims ever paid out). 

Now, to the point at hand. The seller shipped the Wheel to ICEMAN at the seller's expense. He paid us $75 to ship the Wheel. The Wheel arrived damaged (minor). FedEx covered this claim to the tune of $268.68, a number which includes the shipping reimbursement of $75 (though the original $75 was still billed to eWheels' FedEx account, of course). The Wheel was sent back to the seller. The seller still has to pay again to ship the Wheel back out to ICEMAN, a further $75, which he has done. 

So, $268.68 - $75 - $75 = $118.68 in payout. 

Finally, we did this (and all customer shipments) as a favor. Given the turn of events, this may result in a re-evaluating the policy going forward, and to note -  we haven't even yet received the reimbursement from FedEx.

It's sad that you put more effort trying to cover yourself in this forum than you have trying to communicate with me about your pathetic attempt to steal the little money I should have coming. To keep it simple I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not argue the bogus claim that you put into FedEx because you minimized the damage to try to get off the hook and the promises you made to Justin who sold me the wheel. Let's just say that everything you said is correct numbers wise. I bought a wheel, we used your service to ship it I paid $83 to the seller for the initial shipping which you received $75 of. FedEx damaged the wheel and took it upon themselves to return it to Justin. So now I still have no wheel and the seller has a damaged wheel and still needs to ship it to me. So FedEx pays $268.68 for the damage. $75 if which is to reship the wheel to me. Not $75 twice like you're stating, remember I already paid the initial $75, no need to take it out of the settlement twice now. So even by your skewed numbers, you should be sending me or Justin $193.68. Because at this point I have a damaged wheel, have paid two shipping charges, and you somehow think you're entitled to keep the money that should go to me. Not sure how you justify three shipping charges and justify that the buyer who paid for the original shipping and insurance is stuck with a broken wheel and no money to try to fix it. You don't take two shipping charges out of that money now, the first shippng charge that was charged to your account has already been paid by me initially, you don't take an additional $75 out and credit your account again. You take one $75 charge out again to ship the wheel back to me, not a second $75 to add to the $75 I initially paid you. Your logic makes no sense, I paid for shipping with insurance through you and a month later I'm given a damaged wheel and somehow you're keeping my money. FedEx paid $268.68, you take $75 of that to reship the wheel back to me damaged and you give me the $193.68  that's left to compensate for the damaged wheel and the month of lost time. I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand and why you feel you are entitled to keep the money that is rightfully mine. 

• Like 1

@WilliamG @Jason McNeil

I can understand that you would re-evaluate a nice gesture you provide for your customers. It might be true there is noting to be gained, but there are hidden gain for all parties, u fortunately some people are "fantastic" in making friends like @Rehab1 put it. 

So why do I think all parties win at this? 

1) discount shipping  vs a 1 off shipping. Distributor built up volume count (maybe not a lot but still) towards cheaper shipping

2) seller get an easier way to find a shipping partner. And possible to sell off 2nd hard items so he or she cam afford a new wheel or upgrade. 

3) buyer get a 2nd hand cheaper and 2nd hand wheels can circulate to grow the community and a cheaper place to start as high end wheels are getting more expensive. Should the person be in a situation where a main wheel is broken down and need to save for repair cost buy a 2nd hand wheel can ease up the period and still have a backup plan. Last part here is not ideal but as high end wheels are more expensive I can see this come into play in covid-19 times. 

But problems comes when scammers try to benafit from a friendly community. And this is not really in ewheels control. From what I read here above I can say @ICEMAN would not be on my list people I would ever consider to sell my wheel to. (if we had been in same region and I would sell a wheel).

Being able to work together to find a solution in a bad situation is key and his or her (I don't know this person at all) posts do not show he/she is will to do that. But I also think this is something a seller and buyer needs to agree on how to handle not really something that falls back on ewheels. 

Buyers really need to understand 2nd hand market is not a shop warranty deal. It is 2nd hand sales and there are always a risk in buying 2nd hand as I view it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

C’mon. That’s not how you try to fix a problem. Really getting off to the wrong foot with that.

Just being frank, I had to re-read your post a few times to get the general idea. It’s riddled with run-on sentences, circular structure, and way too much emotion.

I just want to pass on some advice to you on how to more effectively turn these kind of disagreements around.

1) stay calm

2) state objective facts

3) be as concise as possible

4) use chronological bullets or a numbered list to recap a series of past events

Adhering to this helps all parties see where things went wrong and allows them to stay solution oriented. I hope you guys can work it out, preferably somewhere not on a public forum. Wish you guys both the best. 

Lol, I'm done being calm, I've been dealing with this garbage for over a month now and I'm frustrated. So thank you for the suggestions but they are meaningless at this point. I would love to have dealt with this in private but those scammers at ewheels won't even answer my emails. I only posted originally here to warn other potential victims not to fall for this scam. I didn't even know that they would read this or respond. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Just in case anyone may have missed it... There is nothing to gain by offering advice here. The initial approach to this issue was published in a very poor manner. The complaint was undermined by the way it was presented. Something obviously went wrong, but the lack of patience and excess of shit slinging has worsened an already costly error that may have been the fault of neither or both parties. Airing laundry in this manner that you have, wont get the results you want.

Even after the first 2 posts, i figured 'oh shit, there goes our help with shipping from ewheels.' Oddly enough, I've had headaches with damaged goods in the past, and I dont believe any thieves were involved, neither was e-wheels. Hmm, it must be common practice for large business' to spend time and money and resources, ALL in a plot to 'steal' $200. Damn, I shoulda thought of that myself.

I've been dealing with this garbage for over a month and I only posted to warn other potential victims not to fall for their scam. So your smug comments and assumptions without knowing the back story just show your ignorance. I don't care how my frustration came across. If you don't want to learn from my experience, then don't. It's not about $200, it's about principle, character and integrity. You can assume all you want but the fact is that I paid for shipping with insurance, FedEx paid a claim and all I have is a damaged wheel and excuses!

• Like 1