Onewheel: Top 3 Things I Love (And Don't)

Kevin Jones

Hey All,

New here! Seems like a lot of good conversations going on. Thanks for having me.

I am a photographer, filmmaker and YouTuber from San Francisco, CA. I did a quick review video on the Onewheel and wanted to get some feedback? Thanks again.

In this review I take a loot at the top 3 things that I love about the Onewheel XR. I will also take a close look at 3 things that this board falls short on.

Really nice video. High production value and great content. :cheers:

I did think it was a bit ironic for you to discuss the danger of riding one and the importance of safety gear, yet you wore none in the video. There's nothing wrong or wimpy about filming yourself riding with safety gear (I do it all the time), but I guess all the cool kids ride sans gear :whistling:

On 12/22/2018 at 6:18 AM, Kevin Jones said:

Hey All,

New here! Seems like a lot of good conversations going on. Thanks for having me.

I am a photographer, filmmaker and YouTuber from San Francisco, CA. I did a quick review video on the Onewheel and wanted to get some feedback? Thanks again.

In this review I take a loot at the top 3 things that I love about the Onewheel XR. I will also take a close look at 3 things that this board falls short on.

Great video 

• 1 month later...

Hi Kevin,

When the Onewheel is on and the blue light is flashing, you can tell battery level from the light pulse. It starts out with a very quick momentary "light off" blink when the battery is full. As it loses charge, the duration of the off-blink becomes longer and longer, until the light barely blinks "on" at all and the battery is drained. Also, board modes can be changed without the app, using a series of button presses, but yes you have to be off the board to do it.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I want to inform and warn all european new potential customers of the One Wheel Plus that european resellers sell the device(in particular the last XR model) WITHOUT  the battery pack.  

Seen the procedure required (just checked in YT and other websites), NOT fast nor easy at all and with related dangers for the user and the device itself, be aware of the problem. 

I've been talking about it with a couple of european resellers and I did NOT like at all the way they pretended to hide or undervalue the problem (or speaking about it only AFTER my request). 

Battery pack in a new e-vehicle like One wheel + (or like a Euc) is NOT an optional accessory, and there's not a user-friendly  procedure for the placement. 

Moreover, it's not contemplated as user-duty for the original (new) device.  You should receive it complete and working. Without battery pack it's a useless heavy and expensive ornament. 

Completely unacceptable, even more considered the price  (approx. 2000€ as best cheapest price for a new One wheel+XR in Europe at the moment)

PS:

I add that a website full of accessories of any kind doesn't mention a single word about the battery lack, as a normal implied feature.  Awful behaviour.

Update: 

After talking more about the issue with subjects involved, The problem seems to be the original seller policy, I guess (BirdyFy).   Not mainly a resellers'choice and fault.

(but they should ensure customers about it much more clearly, seen the webpage in Amazon.it about OW) 

All because the Lipo batteries of pevs can't fly into airplanes, so they arrive in Eu without b-packs I fear (and then some reselllers re-mount by themselves before shipping) I've warned also Amazon of the issue and it's in my fast warning-review. 

PS:

The "1 star" has only to do with this specific issue and nothing else, I don't own a OW yet and I had to place it because it's mandatory to post a review of any kind. 

Archived