Minimotors Speedway V

Alien Rides

22 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

What is the top speed?

One person (who is about half the weight of me), was able to get about 45MPH/72KMH on it. I would probably max out a bit under that, but would think I could get close to 40mph.

Serious power for the size.

3 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

One person (who is about half the weight of me), was able to get about 45MPH/72KMH on it. I would probably max out a bit under that, but would think I could get close to 40mph.

Serious power for the size.

Has someone been enjoying a little too much Christmas cheer?   ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 11:22 AM, Alien Rides said:

and the 10" hills help it beat my Thunder up most San Francisco hills.

No, really? It was able to get up the hills faster than the Thunder? That's what power's all about! My Thunder with both motors has no problem accelerating, pretty fast, up pretty steep hills with my 220lb bod. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, just surprised. The DT is just so powerful in comparison.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dwallersv said:

No, really? It was able to get up the hills faster than the Thunder? That's what power's all about! My Thunder with both motors has no problem accelerating, pretty fast, up pretty steep hills with my 220lb bod. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, just surprised. The DT is just so powerful in comparison. 

I do think that the 10 inch tires make a big difference, just as a 14" MCM5 from Gotway will destroy a 16" wheel up hills. That said, this particular test was a bit unfair as the rider who was on the Speedway V was about half of my weight 😅 We were talking steep hills though, ~32% grade. I'll try to find some time to setup video evidence of some uphill battles, should be a fun video.

@Alien Rides that makes sense, didn't consider the wheel diameter difference. That's ~10% more torque at the same power, which definitely would make a difference. With a big weight difference between the riders, I can start to see it.

I'm just to awed by the power of my Thunder... I generally can't start from a standstill with both motors on without the front wheel losing traction, or practically having the scooter run out from under me unless I lean WAAAY forward and hold on tight. And I'm 220lb.

Imagine my 115lb wife on the Ultra that never got sold, and is now her scooter. I had to dial down the global power setting (P8) to 50% for her to even ride it!. She won't give it back :D

For the Thunder, one motor alone has so much power that my S/D switch gets constant use while I'm riding the streets just getting around (I ride all over central Santa Cruz County with traffic getting around, 25-45mph). Both motors are too much most of the time below 30.

Edited by dwallersv
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

whats the price? and when will eWheels be carrying it?

Hopefully ewheels gets them in. Minimotorsusa currently has them listed for $2,250. Tell them that AlienRides sent you in the order comments if you order :)https://minimotorsusa.com/collections/speedway/products/speedway-5-electric-scooter

2 hours ago, dwallersv said:

I'm just to awed by the power of my Thunder...

Yeah, the Thunder is one serious machine, and the power is unreal. I'm usually the fastest out of everyone in our mixed-PEV group. The speed is addictive though, already got my eyes on the Dualtron X. 😬

• Upvote 1

On 12/31/2018 at 10:14 AM, Alien Rides said:

Hopefully ewheels gets them in. Minimotorsusa currently has them listed for $2,250. Tell them that AlienRides sent you in the order comments if you order :)https://minimotorsusa.com/collections/speedway/products/speedway-5-electric-scooter

Yeah, the Thunder is one serious machine, and the power is unreal. I'm usually the fastest out of everyone in our mixed-PEV group. The speed is addictive though, already got my eyes on the Dualtron X. 😬

The problem for me with the X is it doesn't "feel" (emotionally) like a scooter, and that's everything to me. Otherwise, I'd just shell out for a motorcycle. Entirely personal, of course. BTW, if you haven't tried the DT with a seat, YOU HAVE TO!

Little secret: I have a Solowheel 2 that's been sitting in my living room for nearly a year, never ridden. I have moderate balance issues due to inner ear issues from diabetes, so it's gonna be some work to learn to ride it. Because of other major personal upheavals last year, I never got to it, and then I discovered the DT, so the S2 is still waiting. When the weather gets warmer I'm gonna get started on it.

As for more speed, I'm still shitting my shorts floored in speed "gear" 2 much of the time. Don't know if I'll ever need any more than the DT -- it'll be something else "techy cool" that inspires me to buy up, or filling out the low end for casual scooting in touristy situations, like a low-end speedway or something.

Edited by dwallersv
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

@Alien Rides Im at a bit of a crossroads between the 24ah Zero 10x and now the Speedway 5. Ive watched a few videos and it seems that even though the Zero 10x is fast in its own regards, it just doesn't have nearly as much off the line punch as a 60v Dualtron or Speedway 5. 

Would you say that there is a big difference with the ride you had with the Speedway 5? And how big of a difference is it from you Thunder?

• Like 1

:shock2: okay upgraded, so minimotors is now putting big chinese 59.2V 23.4Ah lithium ion batteries in speedway to keep up with the competition & presumably 800W x 2 motors & plus TUBELESS 10" Tyres ...BUT to produce 3600 watts maximum power it would need 2 seriously BIG controllers, if you do the math ...so what's the controller specs please ??

Edited by stephenbadger
2 cents worth
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, akayareal said:

@Alien Rides Im at a bit of a crossroads between the 24ah Zero 10x and now the Speedway 5. Ive watched a few videos and it seems that even though the Zero 10x is fast in its own regards, it just doesn't have nearly as much off the line punch as a 60v Dualtron or Speedway 5.  

Would you say that there is a big difference with the ride you had with the Speedway 5? And how big of a difference is it from you Thunder? 

The Speedway V is going to have more raw power running at 60v compared to the 52v 10x. Both are great scooters.

If you're looking for raw speed, the Speedway V is the winner, but you might have more fun on the 10X if you  like to go offroad or off of jumps and stuff. The suspension, and looks, of the 10X is great.

The Thunder is a step up from the Speedway V, but diminishing returns come into play at the higher price point. It's only a bit faster, but the larger scooter for me is more comfortable, and the bigger battery is nice.

9 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

The Speedway V is going to have more raw power running at 60v compared to the 52v 10x. Both are great scooters.

If you're looking for raw speed, the Speedway V is the winner, but you might have more fun on the 10X if you  like to go offroad or off of jumps and stuff. The suspension, and looks, of the 10X is great.

The Thunder is a step up from the Speedway V, but diminishing returns come into play at the higher price point. It's only a bit faster, but the larger scooter for me is more comfortable, and the bigger battery is nice.

Thanks, Im not a offroad fan so that doesnt appeal. Looking at the price difference, its looking like it makes more sense for me to go with the Speedway.

Keep up the great vids!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 1:04 AM, stephenbadger said:

:shock2: okay upgraded, so minimotors is now putting big chinese 59.2V 23.4Ah lithium ion batteries in speedway to keep up with the competition & presumably 800W x 2 motors & plus TUBELESS 10" Tyres ...BUT to produce 3600 watts maximum power it would need 2 seriously BIG controllers, if you do the math ...so what's the controller specs please ??

It's same controllers as the dt3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody here owned the Speedway V for a while and reporting any issues at all? Been looking at buying either this or the 10X. I have been looking on YouTube and there are surprisingly few videos for the V compared to the 10X and I was wondering if that was because they aren't selling well for whatever reason? Cheers

2 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

Has anybody here owned the Speedway V for a while and reporting any issues at all? Been looking at buying either this or the 10X. I have been looking on YouTube and there are surprisingly few videos for the V compared to the 10X and I was wondering if that was because they aren't selling well for whatever reason? Cheers

I haven't owned one for a while, but I've had a few friends who do own them. So far the primary issue I've seen is with the rear shocks needing to be replaced, nothing besides that so far.

I think the Speedway V scooters are selling very well actually, many sellers constantly running out of stock. Not sure why there's not more videos on YouTube, I'd like to make more.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 2:18 PM, Arlington said:

I have Speedway 5 with a bad motor controller.  Does anyway have any ideas or recommendations where I can purchase a new one?

Generally the dealer or seller you purchased it from should be able to supply you with a new one. Where did you buy it from?

Bought my Speedway 5 from "Freemotionshop.com"  I did contact my seller and they coordinated the replacement through "Minimotorsusa.com"  I spoke to John and he shipped a new modified motor controller within two days.  My scooter is running like a champ and it's great knowing that the controller I now have in my scooter is much more robust and reliable compared to the old.  Glad to know that Minimotors scooter re-sellers are able to coordinate and assist each other when needed. 

• Like 1

The first time I hit the throttle, the rear wheel did not rotate.  When I pressed the Single/Dual switch, the front wheel also had the same problem.  All the lights work; eye throttle turned on.  The only problem was that both wheels did not work.  I was instructed to manually rotate both wheels and if it spins freely without any resistance, the motors are good.  This led me to suspect that the motor controller was bad.  Freemotionshop.com owner Rashid referred me to Troy to help troubleshoot the problem.  Troy confirmed that the motor controller was definitely bad.   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...