Ninebot one C+ battery and range

Urua

New to forum, new to euc, Just received my nb1c+ this week; out twice. Picked it up fast, happy about that. Day one lasted about an hour of riding, no app for distance monitoring. Day 2, after about 3.5 miles of riding the euc dies and tosses me off. I am disappointed I am not getting the est 15 mile range on this euc. Me: 190lb, out door temp is 32, euc stored in house so it's warm to start. Downloaded segway app and moments before it shut off, stated I had 11km remaining. Was full charged at 15.7 km when starting out.  Any suggestions or feedback on how to tell if euc issue or environment related.  Any suggestion on how to tell if euc is about to shut down. I haven't been able to hear, feel signal of pre shut down warning, if they exist. Thanks

38 minutes ago, Urua said:

New to forum, new to euc, Just received my nb1c+ this week; out twice. Picked it up fast, happy about that. Day one lasted about an hour of riding, no app for distance monitoring. Day 2, after about 3.5 miles of riding the euc dies and tosses me off. I am disappointed I am not getting the est 15 mile range on this euc. Me: 190lb, out door temp is 32, euc stored in house so it's warm to start. Downloaded segway app and moments before it shut off, stated I had 11km remaining. Was full charged at 15.7 km when starting out.  Any suggestions or feedback on how to tell if euc issue or environment related.  Any suggestion on how to tell if euc is about to shut down. I haven't been able to hear, feel signal of pre shut down warning, if they exist. Thanks

You could look at the voltage reported by the app once fully charged. It should be near to 15*4.2=63V.

The C+ has a small battery and so not much range, but 3.5 miles sound a bit low for a fully charged C+ (if there are no inclines/hills on the track)

There should be beeps and tiltback before it stops! Could you turn the wherl on again, after it shut off or did you need to put in on the charger before you could turn it on again? If so, it was a BMS shut off and you could have aged/bad batteries.

How much charge %/voltage did the wheel report after/short before shutting off?

Thanks for reply. The segway nb app doesn't display voltages, I will have to learn how to disable to read voltage fully charged. Shows total mileage as 10.6km and turned powered off twice. Maybe, 2 hrs of riding time total. Full power down, press button no response power down. Needed to recharge to power backup. I still need to recognize beep and tilt back warning. What is BMS shut off? Today post full change show remaining mileage as 21.5km, yesterday showed 15km range. thanks again.

4 hours ago, Urua said:

Thanks for reply. The segway nb app doesn't display voltages, I will have to learn how to disable to read voltage fully charged.

Afair the ninebot app (?years ago?) showed the voltage. If now not anymore wheellog (android) or darknessbot (ios) can help you out.

4 hours ago, Urua said:

Shows total mileage as 10.6km and turned powered off twice. Maybe, 2 hrs of riding time total. Full power down, press button no response power down. Needed to recharge to power backup. ... . What is BMS shut off?

BMS is the battery managment system. With this older generation wheels it could happen that by low cell voltage or overcurrent the BMS shuts down (causing an immediate stop of the wheel). In such a situation the wheel cannot be powered on if not plugging in the charger again.

(A shortcut is to open the case and dis- and reconnecting the battery back - so one can drive on if this happens somewhere outside without beeing able to plug in the charger)

This could be caused by aged/imbalanced batteries, short high burden situations (hitting a curb) or just by some normal "accident", where the BMS decides to cut off while the wheel is tumbling around....

4 hours ago, Urua said:

Today post full change show remaining mileage as 21.5km, yesterday showed 15km range. thanks again.

One can forget the shown milage (and the advertised).

Archived