A Hat Makes a Great Speed Regulator

As I'm covering from my recent fall, I've started to ride around town a little bit, for misc errands. I find that wearing my hat is a great way to keep myself from going too fast, for reasons that I image you can figure out.

I got my wife to snap a picture of me as I was heading off to Home Depot.

IMG_0861-2

Do you have any idea what to do with your hands when riding? It bothers me a lot; I'll ride with one hand on my hip and the other one on my chin, feel self-conscious, and move them to, say, ready dance position with jazz hands, and so on.

If you walk or run you then you know exactly what to do with your hands, but what the hell to do with EUC hands?

Note: excluding putting them in your pockets for safety reasons?

1 minute ago, LanghamP said:

Do you have any idea what to do with your hands when riding? It bothers me a lot; I'll ride with one hand on my hip and the other one on my chin, feel self-conscious, and move them to, say, ready dance position with jazz hands, and so on.

If you walk or run you then you know exactly what to do with your hands, but what the hell to do with EUC hands?

Note: excluding putting them in your pockets for safety reasons?

I have no idea. I just try not to ride looking like my arms are paralyzed. Keep them moving. Actually, when I'm carving I get into throwing my arms to the side - seems to make the carving a little more fun

That works until you learn to tilt the hat just right to force it down on your head.

You could add 5 or 6 kid’s pinwheels sticking  up from the hat. That would knock it off. It would make you look cool too.

47 minutes ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

Every time I ever ride with my baseball hat on it goes flying off.

I never thought to use it as a gauge.

That's a good idea cuz they pop off easy.

Keeps you going a bit slower and safer.

At least while you are recuperating from an injury :)

32 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

A whip would complete the look, Marty.  :thumbup:

28u2r89.jpg

It probabilistically would be helpful to keep those nasty, aroused sheep/dogs off your six as well!

Did you just discover a new word tonight and you're getting it out of your system :blink1:

Archived