Protect Your Feet, Get a Good Foot Massage

Marty Backe

For awhile now I've been thinking of getting a good foot massage, to keep my feet in top condition for riding :D

I finally got around to trying a local (1/2-mile from my house) Korean Foot Spa. Awesome. For $20  you get a 1-hour massage; face, hands, and feet with the feet being about 30-minutes worth. Amazing how good your feet feel afterwards.

I don't know how they can manage those prices. It may have something to do with none of them knowing any English. I got the impression that it was a family business - the woman that worked on me looked looked she may have been the daughter of the older couple that ran it. The "Spa" has been there for at least a few years and is very nice inside. I'll be keeping my feet in tip-top shape for my future riding. You gotta do what you gotta do B)

35 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Let me guess....you were a  ‘Tricker Treat Smell My Feet’ Halloweener. :facepalm:

I'm not sure where you're going with that reference, but I'm afraid it gives us a bit too much of a peek into your mind :blink1:

On 12/16/2018 at 5:58 PM, Marty Backe said:

Sorry, but that can't compete with a Korean going to town on your feet :)

Pretty condescending to Korean people. Also this post should probably go into off topic as it is essentially worthless. 

3 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Pretty condescending to Korean people. Also this post should probably go into off topic as it is essentially worthless. 

Where's your sense of humor?

How exactly is this condescending to Korean people?

Maybe because you didn't order and tip them big time for the "happy ending" in the back room?  :whistling:  Hard to pay the bills on just a crisp $20.

Actually I'm quite offended that someone regards the Off Topic forum as the place where "worthless posts" are supposed to go.  :furious:  There's plenty of useful content in there!  :efefe00999:

It's actually a very good idea to get a foot massage after a ride, and I never knew they were that inexpensive.  I think it really helps riders and plants that seed to maybe try it out for themselves.  Feet do get tired after a long roll.  Plus it would help the massage industry if we all supported them more than some of us do already.  :innocent1:

3 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe because you didn't order and tip them big time for the "happy ending" in the back room?  :whistling:  Hard to pay the bills on just a crisp $20.

Actually I'm quite offended that someone regards the Off Topic forum as the place where worthless posts are supposed to go.  :furious:  There's plenty of useful content in there!  :efefe00999:

It's actually a very good idea to get a foot massage after a ride, and I never knew they were that inexpensive.  I think it really helps riders and plants that seed to maybe try it out for themselves.  Feet do get tired after a long roll.  Plus it would help the massage industry if we all supported them more than some of us do already.  :innocent1:

:roflmao:

This was actually a semi-serious topic that I posted. At least I thought so at the time. I specifically tried the massage because of the abuse that my feet get on my 40+ mile rides.

Just now, LanghamP said:

This topic isn't useless because now we've found out the secret to Marty's iron feet...Asian hookers.

Did you try the "my momma says I can only pay you $5?" line?

:laughbounce2:

Here we go - the floodgates are open now :facepalm:

I think this is totally on-topic.   I have issues with foot pain and any ideas on how to address are definitely helpful!

I've found that my foot position on the pedals is making a huge difference for me.  Keeping my heels on the pedal and let toes run off has been my best strategy.

But even with this, ideas like massage sound very good.

Foot massages are good for your overall heath as well.  The reflexology points in the feet are connected to the whole body.  I've enjoyed them at least once a month for years.  And if you find a good masseuse, it feels so good and relaxing.

Consider investing in a good foot massager? I have been using some massage chairs for over 10 years. I can undoubtedly say that, contrary to the common opinions that masseuses are better than chairs, good massage chairs are better than 80-90% of the masseuses. Another solution is get a KS18S for long distance travelling. I love to be able to sit down when my feet are feeling numb or sore.

13 minutes ago, steve454 said:

And if you find a good masseuse, it feels so good and relaxing.

Oh really? I am sure it does 😀

33 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Oh really? I am sure it does 😀

Ha Ha, well, sometimes you get a person that uses too much pressure and speed and it actually starts to hurt.  Then you have to ask for less pressure and even then it doesn't feel all that good sometimes.  :(  My favorite masseuse moved back to China.  :crying:

Marty's concept is correct for us who stand for so long. Be careful and also be sure to find legit businesses who provide this service as the establishments that operate illegally most often prey on human trafficking. Downer phil, sorry...

Archived