Ring_light issue on Gotway-Tesla

ArqFG

Hi EUC Riders how is it going...

This is my first topic and was hoping that someone could help me with it. So my wheel was find until i notice that sometimes wasn't balancing properly so i when ahead and  open it up and figure ou that one of the cables that were going from the motor to the motherboard had a cold soldering so i practically i had to break it and re-solder it again... when i put all the things back in place i start it and everything was looking smooth, but then i notice that the ring_light are always on (on blue colour) and the one in the motor side is (full blue but a dot that has red), when i try to change between the other 2-3 mode nothing happens...

i mean the wheel work fine but is just this light that are on ALL the time, and cant not even see how much battery you have left (without a phone)..., has anyone have any issue like this in the past??

GW,KS... 

Well hope someone can help.

Best Regard FG

GW_issue

NEWEST MEMBER?  Woo Hoo !!!!

Welcome.

Bummer.  The only thing I can think is that the wires to the LEDs aren't properly connected.  I know it's a pain but try stripping it down again and remove and then replace each LED connector in turn.  If you can switch the wheel on in a semi dismantled state, turn it on each time to see if the problem has gone away.

Not with the Tesla, but with my Mten3. Gotway seems to use some low-grade LEDs. I assume the Tesla uses the same basic type - 3-wire LED strips. The wires are very small and can easily break while you are handling them

When I had to open my Mten3 for unrelated work I must have manhandled the LED strip because now sometime it works, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, either all the lights will be on or random colors will be visible.

It's not an issue with the control board.

You may be able to wiggle the LED strip and/or connector and determine where the faulty connection is.

Ty for the tips and help from both... ^^,  i 

disarmament it, took the leds off, checked the connection and nothing, but i did notice that the end/start of the leds isnt isolated, so could it be a a drop a water somehow manage to get inside and made a short-circuit in the leds... (at this ponit is my best guess...), so i just order a new pair of leds and hopefully that was it...  (and of course isolated the new ones before installing them...) 

DSC_0097_opt.jpg

It looks like both of them are broken. On one strip I see first led purple and rest are blue. On the other on is the same?

In my case one strip was ok. Second strip had few led working and rest was blue. On the led strip you have 3 wires. Positive, negative and driver (which change colors) and this one is probably broken.

I cut strip after few working leds and before blue ones and second cut after the first blue one. So remove first blue led from the strip, solder 3 wires again and it should work. Strip after this operation working as new and it is just a bit shorter.

Hope it will help you as well.

If it makes you feel any better, I have had LED issues on my King Song 16s.  King Song Poland sent me another strip but then another one started acting up.  In my case bending the curved circuit board the LEDs are soldered too would make or unmake the problem.  So for me it was the connections on the circuit board, not the plugs.  I try to handle them carefully when I have to go in there for something.   It looks like your LEDs are on loose wire not on a circuit board. Is this true, or did you plug some Christmas lights into your wheel?

Archived