V10 XL Pedals Available for the V8/Glide 3, with 3D Printed Spacers

Jason McNeil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 2:59 PM, DanCar said:

I'm unable to remove the V8 rod in the pedals.  Any suggestions?  Hammer harder?

Problem was I purchased a used V8 and there was protective cushion glued over the bottom screw, that I wasn't aware of.  After removing this third screw the rod came out easily.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, Alex Kerkis said:

Any video review of this product yet? Do they fold same way as normal ones? Get loose over time? How reliable those washers are? They are printed using which material ?

id really like to see a side photo before and after..   ANYBODY

Hey guys - I bought a set of these from Jason and I am here to report: they are a great improvement. I don't have very big feet (size 8) but the original pedals were still way too small. With the originals my feet would start to ache on long rides, with these bigger (and padded) pedals it makes the V8 much more comfortable with less foot ache.

They fit perfectly and installation was super easy - it took maybe 5 minutes.

IMG_20190117_144146.jpg

IMG_20190117_144136.jpg

ezgif-4-f383af202fe3.gif

ps: I also highly recommend the Amazonbasics guitar stand... as you can see it is perfect for holding a muddy V8 :)

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/4/2019 at 6:05 PM, Alex Kerkis said:

Do they fold same way as normal ones? Get loose over time? How reliable those washers are? They are printed using which material ?

They fold the same, the looseness is controlled the same way as the originals (tip: just tighten the little screw on the bottom if your pedals get loose). He sends new washers and a new rods, everything you need, it's all from the same company, just as strong/durable as the originals, etc etc.

It's a logical upgrade if you spend a lot of time on your V8, recommended!

Edited by Dennis

Just installed my new v10 pedals on my v8. Installation took a bit of effort since the screws that hold the metal rod in place are hard to take out and put in. WD40 made the job much easier and I probably would have saved a lot of time if I had utilized it earlier.

The new pedals are so awesome. While I think that $120 is expensive for pedals, the improvement in comfort is worth it. Turning radius is still tight and the bigger pedals tilt up slightly when fully extended which I believe helps keep the pedals from scraping. If the larger pedals increase the chance of pedal scrape, it is by a negligible amount, especially considering the increase in comfort.

I received my pedals in 2 days and Jason was readily available to walk me through my minor issue with tightening the pedals. Highly recommend this upgrade for anyone with a v8. 

• 2 months later...

I installed my V10 XL pedals today on my solowheel glide 3. I also had the issue of the pedal not staying up. After chatting with Jason at ewheels and @Jonesq I figured out I was not tightening the two side screws enough. I was worried about stripping them. Tightened them up and then the bottom screw would adjust the pedal drop tightness just like on og pedals.

I also had the issue of not quite perfect 3d printed washers. I used an 8mm drill bit and gently made the center smoother so the rod would slide through and after that everything was a-ok with them.

After getting these installed I went on my furthest ride today (7 miles, only a month or so in on euc's) , and the pedals were a very nice upgrade. Especially with my larger (11.5 US) shoes.

@Kevin Graehl above asked for before and after pics, attached are some I took during the process.

euc_solowheel_glide3_pedal_orig.thumb.JPEG.d104f1f558145a3e261ad844b06b1473.JPEG Orignal Pedals

euc_solowheel_glide3_pedal_both.thumb.JPEG.bec0077a6c8432bb309ac2280c6aaab8.JPEG one of each

euc_solowheel_glide3_pedal_new.thumb.JPEG.544e617a7e9a050e158f759647180fe7.JPEG new v10 XL pedals

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

Just got these from eWheels (thanks, @Jason McNeil!) and installed these on my V5F, if you can believe it. Installation couldn't have been any easier and I felt the difference the second I mounted up. Best $100 I ever spent.

I had one peddle that wouldn't stay up, but I read @prasket's note above, tightened the two side screws, and it stays up just fine. I also had to widen the 3D printed washers so the shaft would fit through them. No big deal.

Edited by rwent1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rwent1 said:

Really? They'll fit non GW wheels? Sad to say, I haven't been considered "light" in many years. 

I’ve got a v10f and my pedals are not cracked yet but I ride only on roads without going over curbs. I took the rubber off and looked at how poorly it is designed and me being 260 pounds and 6’3”, I’m not taking a chance with them suddenly breaking like others whose has.  

BTW, I noticed that the V10 pedals on the V5F have a much higher pitch angle than the stock V5F pedals have, so it takes a little getting used to. There's virtually no chance of catching a pedal while cornering, since the pedals are so high. 

Hi Guys,

So i am hesitating to order V10 pedals. I have EU shoe size 45 and this means that I find the pedals of the V8 really small (only approximately 60/70% of my foot size). Now I read this post and I see that the V10 pedals seem much less durable then the V8. Is this true? Should I upgrade or not? Saw some people also going for gotway msx pedals, can they be easily installed on the v8? Are they more durable? I wouldn't want a pedal to break off then I rather stay with the original v8 pedals which are solid.

Happy to hear your idea's.

Edited by Pieter Louwers

1 hour ago, Pieter Louwers said:

Hi Guys,

So i am hesitating to order V10 pedals. I have EU shoe size 45 and this means that I find the pedals of the V8 really small (only approximately 60/70% of my foot size). Now I read this post and I see that the V10 pedals seem much less durable then the V8. Is this true? Should I upgrade or not? Saw some people also going for gotway msx pedals, can they be easily installed on the v8? Are they more durable? I wouldn't want a pedal to break off then I rather stay with the original v8 pedals which are solid.

Happy to hear your idea's.

So far it has been very rare to have V10 pedals breaking. But if you are heavier, then they might not last that long. Maybe 3000 km and they are ready to be replaced. Also it is always good idea to periodically check the pedals for cracks. Gotway pedals are not immune to breaking either. MSX pedals might be bigger than V8 pedals, but not that much. You should try Nikola pedals, they are about the same size as V10. 

Inmotion is acknowledging the problem and are working on better version but it might take months before you can buy them. If you cannot find good deal for Nikola pedals (check that they fit, I’m not sure) then I would just go ahead and order V10 pedals. You can find a deal on Ali for 50-60 €. It is a very popular wheel and we don’t hear about them breaking all the time. 

I have a V8 as a secondary wheel and I just ordered V10 pedals for it. And I’m one of those that had cracked and drooping pedals on my old V10F. 

19 hours ago, UniVehje said:

So far it has been very rare to have V10 pedals breaking. But if you are heavier, then they might not last that long. Maybe 3000 km and they are ready to be replaced. Also it is always good idea to periodically check the pedals for cracks. Gotway pedals are not immune to breaking either. MSX pedals might be bigger than V8 pedals, but not that much. You should try Nikola pedals, they are about the same size as V10. 

Inmotion is acknowledging the problem and are working on better version but it might take months before you can buy them. If you cannot find good deal for Nikola pedals (check that they fit, I’m not sure) then I would just go ahead and order V10 pedals. You can find a deal on Ali for 50-60 €. It is a very popular wheel and we don’t hear about them breaking all the time. 

I have a V8 as a secondary wheel and I just ordered V10 pedals for it. And I’m one of those that had cracked and drooping pedals on my old V10F. 

Ok thank you very much for this. I will have a look at the Nikola pedals I hope they will fit

• 3 weeks later...

I installed V10 pedals on my V8. I used a spare washer and cut same size slices from a rubber floormat from my car. No need for 3D printed stuff, although I applaud eWheels for offering that. 

Feels good, man. Totally recommended. I got the pedals for about 55 euros shipped. 

9386D4EC-9645-47D5-B059-12BFEBCDF50C.jpeg

• Like 1

I've had the V10 pedals on my V8 for a few weeks now.  The larger size gives me a bit more confidence and feels better, but I can't claim a dramatic difference in control or riding comfort, just an improvement.  The washers supplied were not sized correctly, so I cut them in half and things went together well.  I had not considered a potential failure around the pedals until reading these blogs, so I'll remember to do an inspection before my rides.

• Like 1