photorph

Just got my first wheel, inmotion V8. Quick question from an EUC noob, why is it so easy to power off with a simple tap? Seems unsafe

It's tap to power on/off, but hold to turn lights on/off.  Shouldn't it be the other way around for safety purposes?  A quick tap powers it off.  

Yea I figured that much, just find my self accidentally turning it on/off cuz it's a pretty light/quick tap for power on/off.  

18 minutes ago, photorph said:

Yea I figured that much, just find my self accidentally turning it on/off cuz it's a pretty light/quick tap for power on/off.  

Yeah, the Z10 is the same way and it bothers me as well. I didn't releaze that the V8 was the same way.

Some people tape/glue/secure something raised, near the button. That will keep your finger from accidentally brushing up against the button.

I prefer the way it is. It's not unsafe, as the power button is ineffective when the wheel is moving. Placing a small padding above the button prevented accidental pushes for me.

• Like 2

If you pick up the V8 while it's powered on, holding the motor cut off switch of course - then press the power button long press (as for the light) it will switch on the side LEDs, repeat for turning off side LEDs :-) quick & easy way to activate them instead of going into the app on your phone. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 7:26 AM, photorph said:

It's tap to power on/off, but hold to turn lights on/off.  Shouldn't it be the other way around for safety purposes?  A quick tap powers it off.  

You're completely right. The only people not getting it are Inmotion, Ninebot, and a few holdouts here and there who claim this stupidity isn't that bad:)

• Like 1

Yes, IMHO it was frustrating when InMotion switched to the mechanical momentary power buttons that are now on the V8 & V10.

I much prefered the long press power button of the V5. Think (might be remembering wrong) the V5 power button was capacitive as well, being non-mechanical, which I prefer too.

• Like 1

Just got my first V8 as well. Congrats!

• Like 1

Be advised that wheels can be turned off during yoyo manuevers; do not let kids be in front of your shiny blue button because they will press it.

I prefer it this way, since you can't turn it off while riding it doesn't feel unsafe. 

I have to put off my wheel more than I need to turn on the light, so it seems logic the latter requires the long press

• Upvote 2

On 12/12/2018 at 2:26 PM, photorph said:

@photorph   Please be assured that I have doubled checked with our engineers that the V8 power buttor will not be shut off during riding by a simple tap.