Msuper X panel screws size?

Hi everyone.

I've been hearing a weird vibration and "click" sound for months and finally saw that the panel screw behind the pedals is missing (must have not tighten it enough after applying EUCGuy's waterproof tutorial).

I am looking to avoid unscrewing another MSuperX screw and wheeling to a random hardware store hoping its in stock. 

Does anyone here know the size or even better, a name to google?  Obviously not the handy type so please forgive my cluelessness with these things.

Thanks everyone!

edited: I think maybe one screws here looks like it?

https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Skater-800PCS-Tapping-Assortment/dp/B01GBLNBOI/ref=pd_sim_60_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01GBLNBOI&pd_rd_r=582697ec-fba5-11e8-84c9-c9e00b2a0326&pd_rd_w=his8C&pd_rd_wg=Lrq2U&pf_rd_p=18bb0b78-4200-49b9-ac91-f141d61a1780&pf_rd_r=HKSA9JZRS7WZDAY2VF9A&psc=1&refRID=HKSA9JZRS7WZDAY2VF9A

The case screws are all usually around #4 or #6 rounded head wood screws of varying lengths 3/4” or less.

I usually take one of the good screws and compare at a large hardware store like Home Depot, then buy all the similar sizes just in case, as screws are cheap enough.

While you’re at it, you might as well replace all the screws, like I usually do, with good stainless steel ones, as Gotway uses some 💩ty quality screws that strip very easily.

thanks Chris for the tip. I definitely need to replace more than 1 screw (been very gentle not to strip any more which probably caused one to vibrate off).

I"ll check out home depot on 23rd during lunch.

thanks again!

For some reason the wheel manufacturers like using soft screws with heads that strip very easily; makes wheel maintenance really annoying. Like @houseofjob has already mentioned, the first I usually do is replace those pathetic screws. 

Be aware that Home Depot might not have screws small enough to match. In DC, I have had better luck at ACE, or mom and pop hardware stores than Home Depot or Lowe's.

For my Kingsong wheels I have also ordered 100 packs of size M3 X 6mm, 8mm, 10mm from these guys: www.laptopscrews.com

2 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

For some reason the wheel manufacturers like using soft screws with heads that strip very easily; makes wheel maintenance really annoying.

China/Shenzhen notoriously recycles parts, super cheap, so I'm assuming the crap screws are some kind of bulk deal.

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

China/Shenzhen notoriously recycles parts, super cheap, so I'm assuming the crap screws are some kind of bulk deal.

Most likely. Thankfully, replacements are easy to come by. 😉👍

Archived