Z10 self-discharge problem?

MaiKi

Hi,

In the last 2 weeks i had not much time to ride my z10 and during my stay of few day i noticed some self-discharge. Is there any problem with it? I noticed a drop of 4% from 81% to 77% in ~10 days. Im not sure if my wheel had 81, 82 or maybe 85% before, so i will watch it again more closely. But im sure it had about 80% to 85% and more than 77.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Is it normal?:confused1:

Im wondering because my inmotion v8 lost only 1 - 2 % of charge after more than a month of no use.

I’ve noticed the same thing.  I hadn’t Z10 at about 60% and wasn’t able to ride it for a little over a week.  When I tried to turn it on it was completely dead.  I was alarmed, but it did charge back up and seems to be fine. Very different than any of my other wheels.  

5% over 10 days seems reasonable, maybe because the battery is colder now. But full battery loss from 60%?! That can't be normal. Maybe the wheel uses power when it is off?

My ACM has been unused for nearly 2 months now, and it lost exactly nothing. 88% then, 88% now.

The wheel is inside and had the whole time same temp. ~20 to 21 C

I just wantes to know if its normal because my old wheel has not such self-discharge.

Maybe the z10 needs a little bit standbypower for sensors? In low temps it dont start up and dont work, so the sensor and motherboard have to be a bit powerd to check the sensors?! Anyone knows???

8 hours ago, MaiKi said:

I just wantes to know if its normal because my old wheel has not such self-discharge.

Maybe the z10 needs a little bit standbypower for sensors? In low temps it dont start up and dont work, so the sensor and motherboard have to be a bit powerd to check the sensors?! Anyone knows???

You pointed it out yourself...the z6/10 have some battery loosage when standing still...but as long your are not over a month nothing to worry! Just take a look from time to time and if it ever goes under 20—30percent....give it a charge!

11 hours ago, MaiKi said:

NB's EUC's starting from S2 or A1 uses some power even when power off. Last Xmas season, Amazon had too many S2's sitting in warehouse for too long. It sold these S2's at fire sale $299 price to avoid battery be depleted in the warehouse.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:38 AM, MaiKi said:

Hi,

In the last 2 weeks i had not much time to ride my z10 and during my stay of few day i noticed some self-discharge. Is there any problem with it? I noticed a drop of 4% from 81% to 77% in ~10 days. Im not sure if my wheel had 81, 82 or maybe 85% before, so i will watch it again more closely. But im sure it had about 80% to 85% and more than 77.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Is it normal?:confused1:

Im wondering because my inmotion v8 lost only 1 - 2 % of charge after more than a month of no use.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:11 PM, MaiKi said:

4% of 995 Wh in ten days gives a continous power dissipation of about 0,17W ( ~50 mA at 3.3V) - seems "quite normal" for a running CPU checking sensors (or whatever)...

... But who needs the mainboard running while the wheel is supposed to be turned off! For me that would be worrying - there is no reason why the mainboard should be up and running. Neither for "safety" or comfort...

On 12/9/2018 at 7:08 AM, Sketch said:

I’ve noticed the same thing.  I hadn’t Z10 at about 60% and wasn’t able to ride it for a little over a week.  When I tried to turn it on it was completely dead.  I was alarmed, but it did charge back up and seems to be fine. Very different than any of my other wheels.  

That would be about 2,5 W power dissipation!

The situation stayed unchanged and power dissipation while powered off is still as high? If so this should be a case for warranty...

Archived