Faceplant at 18-mph, on the Tesla

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JerryR said:

Let's shoot Marty for not going to the doctor after his faceplant with an injury where he can barely raise his arm. Other than that, can we move off of the gun topic? :w00t2: Thanks @Unventor for getting back to EUC talk. :clap3:

You are welcome. 

As a small note, my last comment on the side topic, I really don't see the point in guns...at all.

That is a tool for police and army. Anyone else should not have them period imho. It worked things so much easier for all.

If you hold a gun the police should be able to shoot you no questions asked...that is the consequences of holding something you shouldn't have in the first place.

So back on topic again. I comming helmet Ruroc on Thursday and maybe above freezing weather day afyer Christmas day...test ride here i wusszzzh about 😀😁😎

I finally bought my new riding gear. They should arrive in a couple of days, just in time for the arrival of the KS18XL.

Leatt 5.5 Body Protector (Black, Large/X-Large)
91f7cXTK6AL._SL1500_.jpg

Leatt Black Large/X-Large Knee & Shin Guard Dual Axis
61eTtqeq0CL._SL1200_.jpg

Scorpion EXO-AT950 Helmet
scorpion-exo-at950-helmet-matte-anthraci

And a new pair of Flexmeter Double Sided Wrist Guards
71-pvB0s4lL._SL1000_.jpg

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I finally bought my new riding gear. They should arrive in a couple of days, just in time for the arrival of the KS18XL.

You will scare the bejesus out of anyone in your path ... and sweat buckets in the summer heat. I'm looking forward to your review. gun2.gif

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Leatt 5.5 Body Protector (Black, Large/X-Large)
91f7cXTK6AL._SL1500_.jpg

Leatt Black Large/X-Large Knee & Shin Guard Dual Axis
61eTtqeq0CL._SL1200_.jpg

Scorpion EXO-AT950 Helmet
scorpion-exo-at950-helmet-matte-anthraci

And a new pair of Flexmeter Double Sided Wrist Guards
71-pvB0s4lL._SL1000_.jpg

YES!!  The new 2019 Marty action figure is going to be AWESOME!!! :w00t2:  :w00t2:

Just now, Nic said:

You will scare the bejesus out of anyone in your path ... and sweat buckets in the summer heat. I'm looking forward to your review. gun2.gif

I don't mind scaring people :efef77eaf5:

Regarding the heat, these are supposed to be very breathable. I know a couple of local people who ride with similar gear and they are always telling me that it's not hot because of all the mesh.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Regarding the heat, these are supposed to be very breathable. I know a couple of local people who ride with similar gear and they are always telling me that it's not hot because of all the mesh.

I bet you'll be fine with temperature.  Those mesh-based tops look a lot hotter than they turn out to be once you are moving and you get some air circulation.  Just don't wear anything underneath and you'll be fine.  :laughbounce2: 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The body armor will probably not be too hot, the helmet though will probably be hot as the surface of Venus in summer. I fully expect to buy a second "summer helmet" myself. Something airy like the Bell Mips 3 or the like.

1 minute ago, Scatcat said:

The body armor will probably not be too hot, the helmet though will probably be hot as the surface of Venus in summer. I fully expect to buy a second "summer helmet" myself. Something airy like the Bell Mips 3 or the like.

When I bought my Scorpion Covert I thought it would be too hot in the summer. But it turns out that it's been comfortable all year. So I think this should be the same. Time will tell though.

8 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Ugly pink! Mrs. Rehab’s Glock is pastel.;)

44556650550_898086598d_b.jpg

PS: @Marty Backe did you ever think your topic would have this many tangents?

I don't think anyone expected the utter chaos. We were probably too shocked by Marty crashing to keep the discipline... :roflmao:

But seriously @Rehab1, a weapon as a fashion statement... :rolleyes:
I'm still trying to find my eyebrows, they travelled up high enough to be mistaken for bushy and flimsy horns or something.

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

We might need to move this to a dedicated gun thread:efef8189d7: Mods please:efee47c9c8:

OR just halt that tangent. Really, it doubt it is a common interest to any large extent.

But that seems rather typical as tangents go.... overboard.

40 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

OR just halt that tangent. Really, it doubt it is a common interest to any large extent.

But that seems rather typical as tangents go.... overboard.

True? But when else do you get to talk to the rest of the world about cultural issues? The world is changing and getting smaller. I think it is better for people to have a better understanding of friends that you completely disagree with. In today’s world can we still disagree and be friends? I hope so.

example: 

I know  @Scatcat is a great person. How can he feel that way about ______ ?  He must have a reason. I think I will have to accept that for now until I understand his culture and situation. 

I think most people would absolutely be amazed at the very different lives of the people on this forum. People usually have a reason. 

Of coarse none of this is the responsibility of this forum to wich I am very grateful. 

5 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

True? But when else do you get to talk to the rest of the world about cultural issues? The world is changing and getting smaller. I think it is better for people to have a better understanding of friends that you completely disagree with. In today’s world can we still disagree and be friends? I hope so.

example: 

I know  @Scatcat is a great person. How can he feel that way about ______ ?  He must have a reason. I think I will have to accept that for now until I understand his culture and situation. 

I think most people would absolutely be amazed at the very different lives of the people on this forum. People usually have a reason. 

Of coarse none of this is the responsibility of this forum to wich I am very grateful. 

Exactly what I was thinking ... BAM, BAM, BAM ... gun2.gif

1 minute ago, Nic said:

Exactly what I was thinking ... BAM, BAM, BAM ... gun2.gif

You know? ........ It is not proper to point a gun at anything you do not intend to kill. ....... but I will take it as more of a handshake. .... BAM, BAM, BAM.. 

25 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

example: 

True, so true!

To my sorrow, I seldom find some place where such a discussion doesn't go bonkers within the first five to ten posts. The Ad Hominem posts usually come pretty darn fast, and before you know it Godwin's law comes into effect.

Start discussing guns, crime and punishment, Trump/MAGA, God/religion, birth control, taxes and welfare and you'll find the subjects combustible bordering on volatile explosives.

But sure, move the gun discussion to an off topic, opt in thread, and I'm game.

That gear looks great. I hope to at least get a report if not a review on it. 

I tend to use EUCs on and off all day. Usually for less than 5 minutes at a time. This makes gearing up every time less convenient. When I go out for a long trip the extra gear is no problem at all. So..... I am more likely to get hurt doing mundane chores on my EUC. 

Archived