Jump to content
Unventor

The fantastic feeling of being alive, EUC accident history

Recommended Posts

Ok so to understand what was going on in my head when I almost crashed again a few months later riding to Ikea, you needed to see the above....my tailbone still acking at times.

I am riding on a bike lane going parallel on a motor way or high way. At some point tjere is a masdive tube passing under it acting as a tunnel. Once i go there the next few days I can post some pictures maybe the video of the section on the ride. 

At time I had gotten poc jacket, but no MC jacket or MC trouser. 

So to be continued....

Edited by Unventor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:blink:  Oh man that left quite a mark!  I used to wear some padded shorts with some added cushioning in some spots (not just for the ladies :efee8319ab:) which gave me an extra psychological sense of safety.  They didn't help in my accident, but I'm still glad I had them on.  Here's some similar items:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Padded-Shorts/zgbs/sporting-goods/3416331

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Oh man that left quite a mark!  I used to wear some padded shorts with some added cushioning in some spots (not just for the ladies :efee8319ab:) which gave me an extra psychological sense of safety.  They didn't help in my accident, but I'm still glad I had them on.  Here's some similar items:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Padded-Shorts/zgbs/sporting-goods/3416331

These days I just my MC trousers that goes over my normal trousers. In the MC trousers there is hip and knee D30 padding. It doesn't save my butt but I tend to be able so far to twist and slide or simi roll, out of a fall so far. Worked twice. To divert the impact energy away. The fall you see picture of above were no more than about 1-1.5 meter in hight with a 30 kmh sliding force. That is why it took me by surprise. The thought of hitting a car at that speed, that might leave a mark or 5 maybe if I am lucky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

let me un-censor that photo...

Better add the hide/reveal code on that before you get down-voted. :barf:

Edited by RayRay
I saw and now can't unsee.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:shock2: :o :( :crying:

Glad it's all behind (hehe) you now.

And thanks for cropping that picture. Some people, when they post pictures (@Rehab1 :whistling:) , don't understand the sensitivities of some our our members.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow I knew this would happen. Just as me flapping my arms when I were vertical in the air...realizing apples and humans share one thing..we react to gravity in the same way..But humans bruise much easier. ...I recall it as I didn't sound like a chicken while I did my mandatory chicke flapping arm routine. At least I managed to bend head upwards so it never touched the ground on impact due to my backpack.

Note: Despite the injury happened while moments before riding and EUC, it could just as well have been ice skating...

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RayRay said:

Better add the hide/reveal code on that before you get down-voted. :barf:

I like  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love ‘s humor even though I was at the butt end of his joke. :) The forum would be not be the same without it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

OMG! That looks terrible! Any residual lower back pain or numbness in your legs? You could easily have suffered neurological damage landing on your tailbone. It sounds like you are recuperating. Watch out for any of those signs. 

As promised no poking fun at your photo but I did warn you about @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. It appears (thank god it’s hidden) we are now butt buddies. :facepalm: Just wait Hunka! Canada is not that far away. I’m sure Bob E. can easily pinpoint your location. He found @Marty Backe . :ph34r:

Lucky @Rehab1 time heal many but not all wounds. As for my lower back and buttom, I don't have any major issues. Except I am much more heat sensitive e.g. taking a hot bath. As for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love Yes I kinda expected something like this. That is part reason why I waited to post this and not when the accident happened. Now I can laugh at it, back then it was a bit harder. 3 weeks where I had trouble sitting and laying on my back.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 11:00 PM, Unventor said:

Lucky @Rehab1 time heal many but not all wounds. As for my lower back and buttom, I don't have any major issues. Except I am much more heat sensitive e.g. taking a hot bath. As for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love Yes I kinda expected something like this. That is part reason why I waited to post this and not when the accident happened. Now I can laugh at it, back then it was a bit harder. 3 weeks where I had trouble sitting and laying on my back.

Aw, it's all in jest.  :innocent1:  It's a riding tradition for some of your fellow riders to help poke some fun at these incidents.  Heck, I have a scar that looks like a penis on my left elbow now.  :lol:   At least no one even asked where I got the butt crack part of the image from.  Take a close look at the armpit area... 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the good news. I have the video of my near crash. The bad news is it all happens so fast and I had camera mounted with a claim  filming at hip hight ahead so you don't the the violence happening between my feet and how I somehow managed to ride this off.

So it means I need to edit it a bit and make some explaining drawings...not my strong side. Here both rehab and hunka do hundreds times better job than me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw, it's all in jest.  :innocent1:  It's a riding tradition for some of your fellow riders to help poke some fun at these incidents.  Heck, I have a scar that looks like a penis on my left elbow now.  :lol:   At least no one even asked where I got the butt crack part of the image from.  Take a close look at the armpit area... 

Hunka after my accident when you posted the brazier photo of me I couldn’t stop laughing. That was truly a healing moment in my life. Thanks again! 

On 12/7/2018 at 1:00 AM, Unventor said:

Lucky @Rehab1 time heal many but not all wounds. As for my lower back and buttom, I don't have any major issues. Except I am much more heat sensitive e.g. taking a hot bath. As for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love Yes I kinda expected something like this. That is part reason why I waited to post this and not when the accident happened. Now I can laugh at it, back then it was a bit harder. 3 weeks where I had trouble sitting and laying on my back.

Hunka has talent for deciding the appropriate time to poke fun. I’m sure their are some new members that just joined the EUC community will scratch their heads over our posts but don’t realize many members go back years and have become friends.  It sounds like you had a good last laugh as well. Part of the healing process. :)       So Hunka let’s see that penis scare on your elbow. :facepalm:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I am uploading my commentary video of my near IKEA ride crash

Now when I say panic in that video ...recall the photo I posted on my flat crash landing on my buttock and lower back/ backpack.

I have not posted the video as it do not do justice of what a perfect day and ride I had beside that "minor" hiccup at the bridge

It only made my coffee and carrot cake taste that much better and the cough in the cafeteria feel so much more comfy.

 

Edit when link is ready...

 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cow, you need a baked potato and some caramelized onions to go with that raw steak once you cook it.  Maybe you already caramelized something at the time  ...

Glad you're still around and going strong.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

Holy cow, you need a baked potato and some caramelized onions to go with that raw steak once you cook it.  Maybe you already caramelized something at the time  ...

Glad you're still around and going strong.  

Well I  had to pep it up a bit as you really don't see much from the video.

But it is amazing how many things that goes on in the head at the time a crash is imminent. The gab is like 3"wide and almost like 2" deep. 

The most worrying part being that I had no control over the wheel and feet had shifted on the pedals and I knew i am to hit yet another similar bump.

I rode the wheel with a bit harder pressure that day than I do know. Yet to this day I am not sure if that was good or bad.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×