The fantastic feeling of being alive, EUC accident history

Unventor

As promised last night I will share a bit more from my accident this summer on my Inmotion V8.

First off I am much better off having that accident. So despite the pain and temporary problems it caused and a few days of sick leave from work. I am lucky on how this happenen.  And that I had @Scatcat there to observe what happened.

The short story is we decided to go practice emergency breaking aka test out how hard we could break or how short a distance needed with out wheels. His was a GT16 and mine was my Inmotion V8. At the time I had only clocked around 350ish km and still learning every time I took the wheel for a ride.

I promised a picture of how bad the injury look like. So here goes....this is the concrete chip that I hit more or less at full speed 30ish kmh in a massive wobble caused my wheel slided sideways in a oval track going around a enclosed trailer parking lot. As my wheel cought traction again my velocity vector was different from wheels traction. 

I were worried at the time but still keeping cool up until I then hit the rock instant deflated the tube due to the force of impact. Even though the tube was slimmed it cold not seal a almost 2 cm tear in the tube. Tyre was all ok as it turned out. 

It caused me to land flat almost on my button and backpack. The injury picture is about 3 days after. The brick sized impact from landing on my pus do not show anymore at this time. At first it was that bad on my tailbone. But you can see the bruising starting to show at this point.

PSX_20180707_111554.jpg

20181206_175843.jpg

As promised @Rehab1 and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love and @Scatcat

Map view of the parking lot:

https://satellites.pro/#57.646853,11.989175,18

Ok so to understand what was going on in my head when I almost crashed again a few months later riding to Ikea, you needed to see the above....my tailbone still acking at times.

I am riding on a bike lane going parallel on a motor way or high way. At some point tjere is a masdive tube passing under it acting as a tunnel. Once i go there the next few days I can post some pictures maybe the video of the section on the ride. 

At time I had gotten poc jacket, but no MC jacket or MC trouser. 

So to be continued....

:blink:  Oh man that left quite a mark!  I used to wear some padded shorts with some added cushioning in some spots (not just for the ladies :efee8319ab:) which gave me an extra psychological sense of safety.  They didn't help in my accident, but I'm still glad I had them on.  Here's some similar items:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Padded-Shorts/zgbs/sporting-goods/3416331

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Oh man that left quite a mark!  I used to wear some padded shorts with some added cushioning in some spots (not just for the ladies :efee8319ab:) which gave me an extra psychological sense of safety.  They didn't help in my accident, but I'm still glad I had them on.  Here's some similar items:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Padded-Shorts/zgbs/sporting-goods/3416331

These days I just my MC trousers that goes over my normal trousers. In the MC trousers there is hip and knee D30 padding. It doesn't save my butt but I tend to be able so far to twist and slide or simi roll, out of a fall so far. Worked twice. To divert the impact energy away. The fall you see picture of above were no more than about 1-1.5 meter in hight with a 30 kmh sliding force. That is why it took me by surprise. The thought of hitting a car at that speed, that might leave a mark or 5 maybe if I am lucky.

:shock2: :o :( :crying:

Glad it's all behind (hehe) you now.

And thanks for cropping that picture. Some people, when they post pictures (@Rehab1 :whistling:) , don't understand the sensitivities of some our our members.

Somehow I knew this would happen. Just as me flapping my arms when I were vertical in the air...realizing apples and humans share one thing..we react to gravity in the same way..But humans bruise much easier. ...I recall it as I didn't sound like a chicken while I did my mandatory chicke flapping arm routine. At least I managed to bend head upwards so it never touched the ground on impact due to my backpack.

Note: Despite the injury happened while moments before riding and EUC, it could just as well have been ice skating...

8 hours ago, Unventor said:

As promised last night I will share a bit more from my accident this summer on my Inmotion V8.

First off I am much better off having that accident. So despite the pain and temporary problems it caused and a few days of sick leave from work. I am lucky on how this happenen.  And that I had @Scatcat there to observe what happened.

The short story is we decided to go practice emergency breaking aka test out how hard we could break or how short a distance needed with out wheels. His was a GT16 and mine was my Inmotion V8. At the time I had only clocked around 350ish km and still learning every time I took the wheel for a ride.

I promised a picture of how bad the injury look like. So here goes....this is the concrete chip that I hit more or less at full speed 30ish kmh in a massive wobble caused my wheel slided sideways in a oval track going around a enclosed trailer parking lot. As my wheel cought traction again my velocity vector was different from wheels traction. 

I were worried at the time but still keeping cool up until I then hit the rock instant deflated the tube due to the force of impact. Even though the tube was slimmed it cold not seal a almost 2 cm tear in the tube. Tyre was all ok as it turned out. 

It caused me to land flat almost on my button and backpack. The injury picture is about 3 days after. The brick sized impact from landing on my pus do not show anymore at this time. At first it was that bad on my tailbone. But you can see the bruising starting to show at this point.

PSX_20180707_111554.jpg

20181206_175843.jpg

As promised @Rehab1 and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love and @Scatcat

Map view of the parking lot:

https://satellites.pro/#57.646853,11.989175,18

OMG! That looks terrible! Any residual lower back pain or numbness in your legs? You could easily have suffered neurological damage landing on your tailbone. It sounds like you are recuperating. Watch out for any of those signs. 

As promised no poking fun at your photo but I did warn you about @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. It appears (thank god it’s hidden) we are now butt buddies. :facepalm: Just wait Hunka! Canada is not that far away. I’m sure Bob E. can easily pinpoint your location. He found @Marty Backe . :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

OMG! That looks terrible! Any residual lower back pain or numbness in your legs? You could easily have suffered neurological damage landing on your tailbone. It sounds like you are recuperating. Watch out for any of those signs. 

As promised no poking fun at your photo but I did warn you about @Hunka Hunka Burning Love. It appears (thank god it’s hidden) we are now butt buddies. :facepalm: Just wait Hunka! Canada is not that far away. I’m sure Bob E. can easily pinpoint your location. He found @Marty Backe . :ph34r:

Lucky @Rehab1 time heal many but not all wounds. As for my lower back and buttom, I don't have any major issues. Except I am much more heat sensitive e.g. taking a hot bath. As for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love Yes I kinda expected something like this. That is part reason why I waited to post this and not when the accident happened. Now I can laugh at it, back then it was a bit harder. 3 weeks where I had trouble sitting and laying on my back.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:00 PM, Unventor said:

Lucky @Rehab1 time heal many but not all wounds. As for my lower back and buttom, I don't have any major issues. Except I am much more heat sensitive e.g. taking a hot bath. As for @Hunka Hunka Burning Love Yes I kinda expected something like this. That is part reason why I waited to post this and not when the accident happened. Now I can laugh at it, back then it was a bit harder. 3 weeks where I had trouble sitting and laying on my back.

Aw, it's all in jest.  :innocent1:  It's a riding tradition for some of your fellow riders to help poke some fun at these incidents.  Heck, I have a scar that looks like a penis on my left elbow now.  :lol:   At least no one even asked where I got the butt crack part of the image from.  Take a close look at the armpit area... 

Now the good news. I have the video of my near crash. The bad news is it all happens so fast and I had camera mounted with a claim  filming at hip hight ahead so you don't the the violence happening between my feet and how I somehow managed to ride this off.

So it means I need to edit it a bit and make some explaining drawings...not my strong side. Here both rehab and hunka do hundreds times better job than me.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Aw, it's all in jest.  :innocent1:  It's a riding tradition for some of your fellow riders to help poke some fun at these incidents.  Heck, I have a scar that looks like a penis on my left elbow now.  :lol:   At least no one even asked where I got the butt crack part of the image from.  Take a close look at the armpit area... 

Hunka after my accident when you posted the brazier photo of me I couldn’t stop laughing. That was truly a healing moment in my life. Thanks again! 

On 12/7/2018 at 1:00 AM, Unventor said:

Hunka has talent for deciding the appropriate time to poke fun. I’m sure their are some new members that just joined the EUC community will scratch their heads over our posts but don’t realize many members go back years and have become friends.  It sounds like you had a good last laugh as well. Part of the healing process. :)       So Hunka let’s see that penis scare on your elbow. :facepalm:

Ok I am uploading my commentary video of my near IKEA ride crash

Now when I say panic in that video ...recall the photo I posted on my flat crash landing on my buttock and lower back/ backpack.

I have not posted the video as it do not do justice of what a perfect day and ride I had beside that "minor" hiccup at the bridge

It only made my coffee and carrot cake taste that much better and the cough in the cafeteria feel so much more comfy.

Edit when link is ready...

1 hour ago, Dingfelder said:

Holy cow, you need a baked potato and some caramelized onions to go with that raw steak once you cook it.  Maybe you already caramelized something at the time  ...

Glad you're still around and going strong.  

Well I  had to pep it up a bit as you really don't see much from the video.

But it is amazing how many things that goes on in the head at the time a crash is imminent. The gab is like 3"wide and almost like 2" deep. 

The most worrying part being that I had no control over the wheel and feet had shifted on the pedals and I knew i am to hit yet another similar bump.

I rode the wheel with a bit harder pressure that day than I do know. Yet to this day I am not sure if that was good or bad.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Smoother said:

@Unventor you have some clever editing techniques.  We need to see more videos from you. 

PS @Dingfelder was referring to the photo of your ass, not the video; because it looks like a huge raw steak, get it? ;)

Well...it is not a steak....more like pork or bacon....:w00t2: espicially after sunburn. 

and you are not getting ...

it .it is mine:P

On 12/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, Dingfelder said:

Holy cow, you need a baked potato and some caramelized onions to go with that raw steak once you cook it.  Maybe you already caramelized something at the time  ...

Glad you're still around and going strong.  

I can't believe I missed this brilliant comment. And thank you for encouragement.

1 minute ago, Smoother said:

It's a cultural thing. 

Well being Danish....it can only be bacon. it is historical 

8 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Well being Danish....it can only be bacon. it is historical 

Why is that exactly?  We all know about Danish bacon over here, but are there no cows in Denmark? or sheep?

28 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Why is that exactly?  We all know about Danish bacon over here, but are there no cows in Denmark? or sheep?

Very few sheep...only a black one in some families.

Relativt few cows as they are slaughtered young. Due to increase output of dairy products.

But then again I have not lived in Denmark the past 15ish years now. 

Past 12 years in Sweden, before that 3 years in UK (Nottingham).

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Very few sheep...only a black one in some families.

Relativt few cows as they are slaughtered young. Due to increase output of dairy products.

But then again I have not lived in Denmark the past 15ish years now. 

Past 12 years in Sweden, before that 3 years in UK (Nottingham).

Glad to see your healed Unventor.  How long did it take your tailbone to heal?  I had a crash in August at about 30 mph on the MSuper(fell off to the right not on my back).  And my tailbone is still giving me issues after prolonged usage.  No back pain, numbing or anything crazy like that but when sitting directly on the tailbone it starts hurting again.  Went for Xrays a few weeks ago but have not made it back to the doc yet.  No other injuries to speak of except a scratch on my nose luckily...........................................

Archived