How do you survive the winter?

Guga

9 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

😄 it’s a freakin electric unicycle, if you thought you were the ONLY one in town with one and suddenly you saw him, it wouldn’t matter how much of a POS you thought he was, you’d still go off roading and riding together regardless 😄

i met this one guy at my campus who was riding a V8 while I was on my MSX. I was shocked, I thought me and my roommate were the only ones with EUC’s. The guy almost didn’t turn around after I called him out to chat. I had to zoom up and catch him. Turns out he’s real shy and a huge nerd, completely incompatible with my personality. He told me he had seen me flying around on one and he thought it was the coolest thing so he went and researched them and bought one. Even though I thought he was really weird we still went riding together, just kept our conversations closely around EUC’s and “ewheels”. I won’t ever do anything non EUC related with him, but that’s why you have friends for different things. 

AMEN!! 

Our love of EUC's really does transcend boundaries!

I have similiar countless stories of meeting people who didn't quite fit my personality and we've really bonded over our use of PEVs. I wouldnt necessarily call them wierd, but rather different to me - but I get what you're trying to say :)

I'll imagine myself as a hippy 60's guy and say: 

"Love conquers all...man"

:efee6b18f3:

9 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You mean something like this...

Suit

We could make it much better if you had a higher resolution image... Let me know if you do.

Strong effort though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Cool set of videos. As I watch them I can't help but think how expensive a fall would be - wool is not very compatible with asphalt :unsure:

seriously...

if only someone could can up to combine the business casual look - with adequate protection.

Especially for those who ride to work in corporate environments.

This would really help a lot of people

11 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

i met this one guy at my campus who was riding a V8 while I was on my MSX. I was shocked, I thought me and my roommate were the only ones with EUC’s. The guy almost didn’t turn around after I called him out to chat. I had to zoom up and catch him. Turns out he’s real shy and a huge nerd, completely incompatible with my personality. He told me he had seen me flying around on one and he thought it was the coolest thing so he went and researched them and bought one. Even though I thought he was really weird we still went riding together, just kept our conversations closely around EUC’s and “ewheels”. I won’t ever do anything non EUC related with him, but that’s why you have friends for different things

You're doing the good work:thumbup: I always say: Ride and be seen.

Though it's a bit sad seeing people still buy V8s. It's not a bad wheel, though, and the only <$1000 16 incher, and has a unique form factor, so  that's understandable. But it's 2.5 years old and easily surpassed by more modern models.

People tend to find Ninebots and Inmotions when researching, though, and never hear of Gotway and Kingsong. If it weren't fot this forum...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're doing the good work:thumbup: I always say: Ride and be seen.

Though it's a bit sad seeing people still buy V8s. It's not a bad wheel, though, and the only <$1000 16 incher, and has a unique form factor, so  that's understandable. But it's 2.5 years old and easily surpassed by more modern models.

People tend to find Ninebots and Inmotions when researching, though, and never hear of Gotway and Kingsong. If it weren't fot this forum...

Amazon only has INMOTION and ninebots with free PRIME shipping. Can only find like one kingsong and gotway model 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

All those other guys are very good, but @Hirsute is operating at a different level

I feel you on @Hirsute I think he may be the best; certainly in Europe. but those kids in China that rep Kingsong can do some very cool tricks to. I saw one them in a video (I will try to find it) stand literally on top of a wheel while riding. I am sure that I don't have the guts to learn that trick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yup, totally agree, have yet to see anyone better.

The EUC 2016 contest alone shows the difference. Damien's movements going from trick to trick are just so much more fluid than any of the other guys mentioned here, almost like he wasn't even on a wheel.

Yes, but this is 2016, maybe I have seen his tricks too many times, I wonder who the current champion is....

Edited by ED209

3 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Yes, but this is 2016, maybe I have seen his tricks too many times, I wonder who the current champion is....

Haven't seen anyone better despite this video being from 2016, including everyone already named here.

There's a reason why he's the only sponsored EUC rider in existence.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, not a tricks guy here, but I see so many in China do this trick, that it kinda leads me to believe it's not as hard as one would think, just need an EUC with a flat top surface, ala InMotion & King Song :lol:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

:clap3:yes that's the trick that I am talking about. The guy in the third video from the top is the KS guy to whom I was specifically referring. But the kid in the last video though; slaloming backwards on top of the wheel? Insane skill. I am not a tricks guy either. I am totally cool with being able to keep my balance going straight and making turns :D

Edited by Lutalo
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

?

I guess you didn't get the joke, no worries.

Edited by ED209

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Yup, totally agree, have yet to see anyone better.

The EUC 2016 contest alone shows the difference. Damien's movements going from trick to trick are just so much more fluid than any of the other guys mentioned here, almost like he wasn't even on a wheel.

I have to agree. His fluidity is unbelievable. He makes it look so effortless that it almost makes me believe that I could learn these tricks in one day 🤔🤔🤔😀

Edited by Lutalo
  • Upvote 1

#teamhirsute

He's the best. He's a trained circus artist, after all! I wonder what else he can do, or what else with EUCs if he put his mind to it. EUCs are only a small aspect of his act and skills. Some talented kid from China or wherever won't beat him.

https://www.cirquehirsute.com/

-

More on topic, apparently we cope with winter by arguing on this forum about EUC-related tangents:D Could be worse.

-

Btw you can ride wonderfully on "ice" (compacted snow, or slightly melted) but definitely not on actual hard ice (with the standard tire). Don't ask me how I know. I learned on my 3rd ride ever. I also learned if you fall then, you get a fat bruise in the exact shape of what's in your pocket on the leg. Mine was phone-shaped:eff034a94a: Thank God I didn't have keys there.

The scene of the crime. No chance without a dedicated tire.

7.thumb.jpg.c1069691d1a59838ee31f5036a84027f.jpg

The below kind of "ice" is totally fine, though, but beware the distinction to the real stuff (hard frozen, in the shadows).

2.thumb.jpg.98e4ccbcbe58215df3e90e63f7fc48e1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

The EUC 2016 contest alone shows the difference. Damien's movements going from trick to trick are just so much more fluid than any of the other guys mentioned here, almost like he wasn't even on a wheel

I feel this. It's not even so much the complexity of the moves; though they are quite complex. It's just the beauty and flow going from one move to the next. The moves themselves can be duplicated by almost anyone willing to learn the tricks. But the way all of that comes together and is expressed is unique to Hirsute. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know this is off topic, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think hirsute is great, I am already one of his subscribers, I am just sooo used to seeing tricks on 14 or 16 inch wheel, it doesn't amaze me anymore. Each to their own. 😊

Edited by ED209
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

I feel this. It's not even so much the complexity of the moves; though they are quite complex. It's just the beauty and flow going from one move to the next. The moves themselves can be duplicated by almost anyone willing to learn the tricks. But the way all of that comes together and is expressed is unique to Hirsute. 

To say that anyone willing to learn the tricks can do them is kind of cheapening the accomplishment.

I don't know if that 2016 EUC competition video by @Hirsute will ever be topped. It's one of those magical performances that's choreographed and filmed once in a lifetime, or so I think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

To say that anyone willing to learn the tricks can do them is kind of cheapening the accomplishment

I believe that it shows how highly I regard people's ability to accomplish amazing things when they commit to accomplishing them 😉👍

• Like 1