How do you survive the winter?

Guga

3 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

😄 it’s a freakin electric unicycle, if you thought you were the ONLY one in town with one and suddenly you saw him, it wouldn’t matter how much of a POS you thought he was, you’d still go off roading and riding together regardless 😄

i met this one guy at my campus who was riding a V8 while I was on my MSX. I was shocked, I thought me and my roommate were the only ones with EUC’s. The guy almost didn’t turn around after I called him out to chat. I had to zoom up and catch him. Turns out he’s real shy and a huge nerd, completely incompatible with my personality. He told me he had seen me flying around on one and he thought it was the coolest thing so he went and researched them and bought one. Even though I thought he was really weird we still went riding together, just kept our conversations closely around EUC’s and “ewheels”. I won’t ever do anything non EUC related with him, but that’s why you have friends for different things. 

Bro. I cut that fool off, and that conversation. That's done and dead.

Where did/do you attend school?

6 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Virginia Tech. Blacksburg VA.

pretty small town, with speed limits of 25-35mph so I’m always on the streets with my MSX and Ks18s. Back home in VA Beach the speed limits are like 45mph lowest lol with zero bike lanes. I find it boring to have to restrict my 18” wheels to the sidewalks. That’s why I have the Dualtron Thunder :)

What! My son is practically your neighbor. He is in Charlottesville at UVA. He keeps his wheel with him on campus. So you have another rider in your area. My little sister lives in the Hampton Roads area. :D👍

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

What! My son is practically your neighbor. He is in Charlottesville at UVA. He keeps his wheel with him on campus. So you have another rider in your area. My little sister lives in the Hampton Roads area. :D👍

Haha awesome. What wheel does he have? Does your sister have an EUC too?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Haha awesome. What wheel does he have? Does your sister have an EUC too?

Last semester he was riding a KS18AY. One of my older wheels, but my oldest son (University of Maryland College Park) commutes to and around campus daily on an 18L, and I just bought an 18XL for myself. So now he complaining about the "old wheel" he is riding down in Charlottesville. So, I am considering getting him an 18L also; we'll see. My lil sis doesn't ride. I just thought that it would cool to mention that I got fam in your area :)👍 

Edited by Lutalo
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Where's the video? We need more videos of EUCs being ridden by guys in suits.

LOL, all I've got for you right now is other EUC folk in suits & uniforms, namely our very own @Citi Wheel (1st vid) front and center :lol:

This gives me an idea for a black tie NYC group ride when it gets warmer!

(also, see our rider friend Jerome suited and booted on NB1E+ in this old CBS News clip)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Er, Damien is OG, that InMotion France sponsorship only happened ~2 years ago I believe, as a result of the IM/eWheels/EUC Forum tricks video contest.

I'm sure there isn't a trick-friendly wheel he hasn't ridden; his main axes before were the Gotway MCM3(?) & KS-14C

We stand corrected :)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I love this idea. Let's make this a multi-city event. In DC we could meet-up and ride our wheels to the Kennedy Center, have dinner on the roof top lounge/terrace, and catch a show with all the Washington Muckety-Mucks :)👍

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Wesh said:

😄 it’s a freakin electric unicycle, if you thought you were the ONLY one in town with one and suddenly you saw him, it wouldn’t matter how much of a POS you thought he was, you’d still go off roading and riding together regardless 😄

i met this one guy at my campus who was riding a V8 while I was on my MSX. I was shocked, I thought me and my roommate were the only ones with EUC’s. The guy almost didn’t turn around after I called him out to chat. I had to zoom up and catch him. Turns out he’s real shy and a huge nerd, completely incompatible with my personality. He told me he had seen me flying around on one and he thought it was the coolest thing so he went and researched them and bought one. Even though I thought he was really weird we still went riding together, just kept our conversations closely around EUC’s and “ewheels”. I won’t ever do anything non EUC related with him, but that’s why you have friends for different things. 

It's good to know that if I were to bump into you on my Z10 you'd still ride with me :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, all I've got for you right now is other EUC folk in suits & uniforms, namely our very own @Citi Wheel (1st vid) front and center :lol:

(also, see our rider friend Jerome suited and booted on NB1E+ in this old CBS News

Cool set of videos. As I watch them I can't help but think how expensive a fall would be - wool is not very compatible with asphalt :unsure:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Er, Damien is OG, that InMotion France sponsorship only happened ~2 years ago I believe, as a result of the IM/eWheels/EUC Forum tricks video contest.

I'm sure there isn't a trick-friendly wheel he hasn't ridden; his main axes before were the Gotway MCM3(?) & KS-14C

Somehow I never saw these three @Hirsute videos. I really do think he's the most skilled EUC rider in the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

This would be epic if it was combined ridership, back-to-back black tie, DC one weekend, NYC the next! (maybe even combined with esk8 ala the last NYC eboarding + DC esk8 ride)

Just thinking of all the WTF expressions from bystanders looking at suited riders on wheels makes me smile, need to make this happen! :D

I'm down. Let's do it. I say we shoot for June; good time to do something cool and outrageous like a bunch of people dressed for a night at the theater gliding around the city on one wheel. Ridiculous fun.:D👍

Edited by Lutalo
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Somehow I never saw these three @Hirsute videos. I really do think he's the most skilled EUC rider in the world.

I would have to agree. Hirsute and the guy that performs tricking for Kingsong. There are a few videos of him around performing some pretty amazing feats of balance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

All those other guys are very good, but @Hirsute is operating at a different level

Post your favourite video from his please, I want to see this level.