How do you survive the winter?

Guga

Since this is a winter riding thread I'll mention that I find you don't need as much protection riding in the winter. One tends to ride slower and more carefully, you tend to slide when you fall down which lessens the impact, and the layers of insulation that protect you from the cold also act as full body padding. I've had a fair number of four point dismounts; my summer dismounts have sometimes been painful, I've never had an owie from an unplanned winter dismount.

15 hours ago, Lutalo said:

If you think that I proved your point you may have gotten lost in your own argument? Since, the so-called treatise was over your "culturally adapted" Canadian Coconut. Let me Dick&Jane the "point."

You asserted that I dislike riding in cold temperatures because I lacked the knowledge of how to dress properly for the weather. 

My "point" is that you assigned a false correlation/causation. Not doing something and not knowing how to do something are not necessarily related. 

I find it amusing that you think my so-called treatise somehow proved your ridiculous assertion. LOL

I'm impressed by how clueless you have to be to fail to see you proved my point about cultural adaptation to the cold.  As though "not liking" the cold isn't a lack of cultural adaptation.  I never cease to be amazed by the basic lack of critical thinking among posters here.  Great entertainment!  Thanks for the laughs.  :clap3:

1 hour ago, mezzanine said:

As though "not liking" the cold isn't a lack of cultural adaptation. 

Dude! Perhaps your brain has decided to culturally adapt to the climate by hibernating and slowing synaptic communication. 

Your original assertion was:

"you're blaming the weather when the real problem is that you don't know how to properly gear up."

Your assertion was faulty because it based on an assumption which you do not have enough information to make, Slim; that a grown-ass man has gone his whole life without learning how to dress properly in a climate; a climate in which I have lived my entire 51 years on the planet.

That is the length and breadth of your so-called "point" in a nutshell. You can continue to stand by such a moronic assertion; and I am confident that you will continue to tunnel deeper into the idiot hole.

Furthermore, and then I am done with this conversation. Not liking the cold is a preference; not a lack of cultural adaptation.

How I respond to cold temperatures in my climate is in itself an adaptation. Recall. I have lived in this climate for 51 years and you assert a failure to adapt. Don't use terms of you don't understand their full meanings and implications. You have made the error of assessing the meaning of successful adaptation in my climate by attempting to superimpose the psychology of adaptation in your climate. Another logical fallacy.

Getcha mind right before you come at me, Slim.

I am done. 

On 12/20/2018 at 2:26 AM, Darrell Wesh said:

“Just to see” implies you plan on falling!! Even if you’ve fallen in the past numerous times, that doesn’t mean history has to repeat itself; we aren’t supposed to be falling off of these machines and thus I hope to never test the efficacy of my protection gear. 

:lol:

Ha!, no I don't plan to fall,.... this is more related to my early adopter mentality / penchant for buying & returning constantly to solidify what product exactly fits my need! 

This is what led me to have purchased 16 wheels over the course of my short 3 years of EUC riding *smh

On 12/20/2018 at 2:26 AM, Darrell Wesh said:

I use a similar glove as that, https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-adventure-short-gloves

Klim has their own massive palm slider that additionally has Poron Impact Protection underneath the palm. Doesn’t seem like the Knox has any palm impact protection, just sliders. The Klim is good for cold weather with the Gore Tex windproof and waterproof layer. I’ve been wearing it the last couple days and obviously hope to never test it in a crash, but can say it’s been warm enough at 35 degrees (100% windproof). The palm slider slides across asphalt easily from my tests, and I’ve hit that area with a rubber mallet for testing while wearing it and the Poron protection is legit. It also has Gore Grip technology which is shocking how tactile the gloves are. I can easily unzip zippers, hold my phone, on my dualtron scooter I can change settings and feel the throttle and brake lever. It doesn’t have touch technology but I use touch stylus’ and can easily grip a stylus and use it on my phone. 

But these gloves are expensive man!! I’m looking for serious longevity, Klim Has a lifetime warranty so if you crash and it “breaks” you’re good for a new one. I’m just hoping to never have to wear bulky ass wrist guards again, especially in the winter over gloves, it’s takes some time to take off the gloves when you’re in a store or something plus you can’t fit your hands in your pockets to grab stuff easily. Oh, and you wrist mobility is limited too!

Good stuff!

I'll check these out too, but I'm a bit vain and really want everything in a package that doesn't look like thick ski gloves.... :D

7 minutes ago, Jens Muysoms said:

Winter riding is great fun. Peoples reactions on seeying you riding in the snow on only one wheel is even funnier than on a nice summer day. Just watch out for black ice, almost invisible to spot, but slippery as hell.Trust me,  I have first 'hand' experience with that

25286879_942996682517941_1080054767_n.jpg

26174796_10212272377939283_914793993_n.jpg

Sorry to see you picked up an injury, it's really from slipping on ice?

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

:lol:

Ha!, no I don't plan to fall,.... this is more related to my early adopter mentality / penchant for buying & returning constantly to solidify what product exactly fits my need! 

This is what led me to have purchased 16 wheels over the course of my short 3 years of EUC riding *smh

Good stuff!

I'll check these out too, but I'm a bit vain and really want everything in a package that doesn't look like thick ski gloves.... :D

You have a Z10 right? You’ll be happy to know that revzilla itself even think these gloves look like something Batman would wear (says it in the video!) and numerous other review sites say so lol. 

E80F9A61-4450-4C14-A80F-8A630D483A7C.png

1 hour ago, Darrell Wesh said:

You have a Z10 right? You’ll be happy to know that revzilla itself even think these gloves look like something Batman would wear (says it in the video!) and numerous other review sites say so lol. 

Yup, but I really don't want to look like Batman riding into work everyday into a corporate NYC office 😂😂

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yup, but I really don't want to look like Batman riding into work everyday into a corporate NYC office 😂😂

Oh, man, you're missing out! that should be fun itself - sugarcoating on the unicycle awe;)

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2018 at 6:43 PM, Lutalo said:

Dude! Perhaps your brain has decided to culturally adapt to the climate by hibernating and slowing synaptic communication. 

Your original assertion was:

"you're blaming the weather when the real problem is that you don't know how to properly gear up."

Your assertion was faulty because it based on an assumption which you do not have enough information to make, Slim; that a grown-ass man has gone his whole life without learning how to dress properly in a climate; a climate in which I have lived my entire 51 years on the planet.

That is the length and breadth of your so-called "point" in a nutshell. You can continue to stand by such a moronic assertion; and I am confident that you will continue to tunnel deeper into the idiot hole.

Furthermore, and then I am done with this conversation. Not liking the cold is a preference; not a lack of cultural adaptation.

How I respond to cold temperatures in my climate is in itself an adaptation. Recall. I have lived in this climate for 51 years and you assert a failure to adapt. Don't use terms of you don't understand their full meanings and implications. You have made the error of assessing the meaning of successful adaptation in my climate by attempting to superimpose the psychology of adaptation in your climate. Another logical fallacy.

Getcha mind right before you come at me, Slim.

I am done. 

If you have an IQ over 90 I'll eat my shoe.  :lol:

Keep posting essays exposing your foolishness!  

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, not my style.... I prefer the business casual look, or even business-suited on wheel! :lol:

Where's the video? We need more videos of EUCs being ridden by guys in suits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Where's the video? We need more videos of EUCs being ridden by guys in suits.

Can someone photoshop this and make everyone black and white except the guy in the suit? Best background ever. While everyone’s living in black and white, we’re living life in color

EBC78207-A441-4871-B9CC-4399E4ADFE3D.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

I bet you two would be best buds if you were in the same town together and saw each other riding. Such is our love for EUC’s that creates an immediate and undissolvable bond. 

Don't lose money on that one bro. I choose my buds carefully.

5 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Can someone photoshop this and make everyone black and white except the guy in the suit? Best background ever. While everyone’s living in black and white, we’re living life in color

EBC78207-A441-4871-B9CC-4399E4ADFE3D.jpeg

Nice! Looks like it might be Hirsute. 

Edited by Lutalo