So I decide to repeat the run that caused my faceplant 2 weeks ago..

Hsiang

On 12/7/2018 at 7:40 PM, houseofjob said:

Well, your body physics might be different from mine, as I am 5'8" and a bit of a small-footer at a US M 8.5.

Basically, the outer edges of my shoes, and more so my heels, are hanging off the side edge of the pedals enough so that I can supinate both my feet outwards and away from the Z10 body to the degree that my feet are tilted and fully off the flats of the pedals, only on the edges.

This has seemingly rectified most of my speed wobbles, thanking you muchly.

Still cant pigeon foot it, but am now parallel footed rather than toes out and have about 1/3 my foot hanging off each edge so i can supinate my feet on the pedals - although i haven't dared try that while riding yet lol.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

This has seemingly rectified most of my speed wobbles, thanking you muchly.

Still cant pigeon foot it, but am now parallel footed rather than toes out and have about 1/3 my foot hanging off each edge so i can supinate my feet on the pedals - although i haven't dared try that while riding yet lol.

Nice! 

Wow, a 1/3 of your foot sounds like a lot, but then again, your feet are bigger than mine; I’d say 1/4 of my feet are hanging off, hard to tell in pics, but:

aRWkgvz.jpg

Well I didn't faceplant, but I did go back for a "2nd" run, in oppersite direction:whistling:

after I had my coffee and carrot cake. At a much lower speed at the bridge.

23 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The MSX feels very different than my MSuper V3s+, yet the adjustment period was very short for my MSX. IMO Eddie is a bit of an outlier when it comes to Gotway. I suspect that you'll love the MSX.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but you're tall guy too, right? I suspect shorter guys (like Eddie) have a harder time with the shell ergonomics of the wider Gotway wheels.

Look forward to your views.

I used to be six feet almost exactly (6ft + a fraction), but I think I've shrunk somewhat in the laundry - more like 5.95ft now. But I'm also already conditioned for angled pedals, the pedals of the GT16 is rather angled. And the GT16 is rather wide at the top compared to the position of the pedals, so I'm kind of used to the slightly wider stance needed. I'll probably get a bit of pain in my upper calves, as the EUC is taller - but that will go away pretty quickly.

I think the most trouble will be with the higher mass, higher COG and sheer size, I'm not used to more than the ~38lbs of the GT16. But my guess is that it will be a very short akward feeling, then actually be more comfy. I have to retrain my muscle memory a bit, since I want to be able to brake effectively and with minimal lag, I guess the higher mass will be a bit awkward that way until you get used to it.

21 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

I used to be six feet almost exactly (6ft + a fraction), but I think I've shrunk somewhat in the laundry - more like 5.95ft now. But I'm also already conditioned for angled pedals, the pedals of the GT16 is rather angled. And the GT16 is rather wide at the top compared to the position of the pedals, so I'm kind of used to the slightly wider stance needed. I'll probably get a bit of pain in my upper calves, as the EUC is taller - but that will go away pretty quickly.

I think the most trouble will be with the higher mass, higher COG and sheer size, I'm not used to more than the ~38lbs of the GT16. But my guess is that it will be a very short akward feeling, then actually be more comfy. I have to retrain my muscle memory a bit, since I want to be able to brake effectively and with minimal lag, I guess the higher mass will be a bit awkward that way until you get used to it.

This higher mass can be both friend and for. In my post above, the incident I explained last we met, mass was my friend.

2 reasons, one the higher mass comes partly from bigger rim, making me climb potholes easier and the bigger motor assist in that too. The other is the centrifugal force the wheel generates. That helped me through the wobbling part. I am pretty sure you like after a few min to test riding.

9 minutes ago, Unventor said:

This higher mass can be both friend and for. In my post above, the incident I explained last we met, mass was my friend.

2 reasons, one the higher mass comes partly from bigger rim, making me climb potholes easier and the bigger motor assist in that too. The other is the centrifugal force the wheel generates. That helped me through the wobbling part. I am pretty sure you like after a few min to test riding.

As I said, I think it might be more comfy. It's just a transition period to get through.

Archived