Gotway MSX 84V vs 100V

also interested, I have set the max tailback on my 84V

it starts beeping at 49kph and tilts heavy at 55kph.

Not sure if i feel safe pushing it to far past 50, will the 100V start beeping at a later speed? can i set the tiltback higher?

• 5 months later...
On 12/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, Damarafaka said:

Power and speed comparison between both Gotway models. If the 84V model can reach and maintain insane top speeds, 62.8 kmh, was wondering the limits of the 100V

Very, very impressive, I have reached 54km/h on my 84v and thinking of getting 100v, but something holding me back/ wondering if V2 model coming out soon...

Please use good gear and beter helmet, I took a fall at 48km/h and good thing I had full gear. For some of us that like to ride fast/ upper limmits of  our machines, its not if but when you will fall, lol

I can’t stop thinking about the rider sliding on the ground, slowly stopping from 60km/h while his gloveless hands scrape on the pavement and bits of flesh and tiny shattered bones gets tossed around accompanied by a continuous shower of blood in most directions.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, irmatt said:

Not sure if i feel safe pushing it to far past 50

You shouldn’t feel safe doing it on the 100V either, because it isn’t safe, on any wheel.

On 12/3/2018 at 11:26 PM, irmatt said:

will the 100V start beeping at a later speed? can i set the tiltback higher?

The beeps might come later on the 100V version, but in my understanding 48km/h is the highest you can set the tilt-back on any Gotway wheel. I believe it’s a limitation of the app.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I can’t stop thinking about the rider sliding on the ground, slowly stopping from 60km/h while his gloveless hands scrape on the pavement and bits of flesh and tiny shattered bones gets tossed around accompanied by a continuous shower of blood in most directions.

You shouldn’t feel safe doing it on the 100V either, because it isn’t safe, on any wheel.

The beeps might come later on the 100V version, but in my understanding 48km/h is the highest you can set the tilt-back on any Gotway wheel. I believe it’s a limitation of the app.

Love the theatrics of the virtuous ones always so eager to take the high ground and criticize an extreme video testing out the maximum limits of a wheel with ordinary every day riding. Yes, sir, it is not the most responsible behavior, yes gloves, etc would be advisable, but some riders like to cross the line sometimes or at least try to get as close to it as possible because that is the way we understand life. Not just to share data with my fellow riders but because I enjoy pushing the wheel under reasonably controlled environments, experimenting and performing high speed slalom runs, knowing I can "safely" cruise close to 60kmh after the speed tests. Others prefer other riding styles and speeds and that's ok too. I prefer to do things my way even though I am perfectly conscious that a sudden amp peak after hitting an unexpected obstacle at those speeds can sometimes end in disaster, that's the exact reason we do it. My guess is that you would have never made it to the moon if the sight of the blood was just too much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

Very, very impressive, I have reached 54km/h on my 84v and thinking of getting 100v, but something holding me back/ wondering if V2 model coming out soon...

Please use good gear and beter helmet, I took a fall at 48km/h and good thing I had full gear. For some of us that like to ride fast/ upper limmits of  our machines, its not if but when you will fall, lol

I agree the helmet was not the best for the speed testing and accept your slap on the hand and honest advice. Believe me I know what it is to fall at these speeds. In my quest to do the same with my ninebot z10 I had the unpleasant experience of crossing this limit after removing the z10's speed limit with a great hack from MRN76, although I was lucky I only injured my shoulder and wheel did not get too badly bruised as well. At first you take it easy, try to slowly shake off the fear, convince yourself that slow is also fun. But something in the blood ends up always kicking in and there I am again so close to the thin line...

4 hours ago, Damarafaka said:

I enjoy pushing the wheel under reasonably controlled environments,

I have no horse, high or low, for others pushing the wheel to dangerous speeds or doing fast accelerations. I do them every day myself, despite being in a high risk group conserning personal damage.

My attitude is only towards the lack of gear when riding on the edge. And not even for your sake, as you have obviously both considered and experienced the risks. But sharing it on a video makes an example for a lot of kids and other guys who then think they don’t have to consider the risks themselves, because they assume you as an experienced rider having done the risk assesment and deemed even regular gloves to be unnecessary.

There are numerous threads about accidents and nasty damage to the rider, because they hadn’t properly considered the risks of speeding on a Gotway. Most of them decide to start wearing proper gear right there and then. But the healing process is a pointless price to pay when more advanced riders already have all the knowledge about the risks and consequences.

My guess is that you would have never made it to the moon if the sight of the blood was just too much.

Oh, you’re damn right I would’ve never made it to the moon! But sight of blood is not the reason, unfortunately I’m way too familiar with that.

Safe going backwards at 50

:facepalm: :P

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I have no horse, high or low, for others pushing the wheel to dangerous speeds or doing fast accelerations. I do them every day myself, despite being in a high risk group conserning personal damage.

My attitude is only towards the lack of gear when riding on the edge. And not even for your sake, as you have obviously both considered and experienced the risks. But sharing it on a video makes an example for a lot of kids and other guys who then think they don’t have to consider the risks themselves, because they assume you as an experienced rider having done the risk assesment and deemed even regular gloves to be unnecessary.

There are numerous threads about accidents and nasty damage to the rider, because they hadn’t properly considered the risks of speeding on a Gotway. Most of them decide to start wearing proper gear right there and then. But the healing process is a pointless price to pay when more advanced riders already have all the knowledge about the risks and consequences.

Oh, you’re damn right I would’ve never made it to the moon! But sight of blood is not the reason, unfortunately I’m way too familiar with that.

:facepalm: :P

Look, I get it, your concern is with safety and avoiding accidents. Believe me it is not my intention that anyone gets hurt but I assume riders aren't stupid and don't just imitate everything they see without thinking or accept automatically what they see as safe. EUCs are serious machines and should be treated with the utmost respect. One of the intentions of my post and video is to share as much information as possible with the community, chats, blogs, videos...DATA, focused especially on the riders that are interested in finding out the absolute limits of a wheel, the experience and data of a usually more "crazy" type rider. The videos are information, as well as logs from different apps, data that can be crossed with others data to help map the absolute performance of a wheel in practice, not in theory. Safety gear is vital, the more the better but besides the helmet, sometimes certain advice sounds more like something else. I try to give euc's good example, always commuting with helmet and even yellow vest for years now, funny but the helmet seems not to be basic gear for many of the pearl clutchers so eager to patronize, as I have seen regularly, maybe that's why I react sometimes to reasonable critic the way I do, also in certain cases without the necessary justification, I must admit. But just like with many sports, especially bikes and the like, one can practice it in a wholly responsible and almost risk free way, others prefer to perform, may it be hopefully in a controlled circuit, trying to minimize the life threatening risk or injury, but fully aware sometimes the line will be crossed, then it's all about luck. Sorry about the backwards video;), happy, safe riding, mate.

• Like 1