Considering buying a rockwheel GT from ElectricUnicycles.Co - anyone have any reviews on the site and on rockwheels?

DosRutten

Hey looking for advice. 

This will be my first purchase in this space but I see them a lot in my area and I'm pretty convinced. 

Saw the specs on the site for the rockwheel was the highest so that's why I'm considering it. 

Anyone ever use ElectricUnicycle.Co ?
And does anyone currently or previously own a rockwheel GT ??

Link to where it is on the site: here

All feedback is appreciated!!

I had a GT16, it was great value and worked great (besides the mudguard, which wasn't the best, it isn't the most silent wheel either).
You can find reviews on the forum and on Youtube.
But I sold it because I could not resist buying the KS18L on an auction :P 

That shop is too expensive.
The seller many people in the US recommend is https://www.ewheels.com/shop/ , it seems like they have a good customer service.

However it seems like they don't sell the Rockwheel GT16.

Edited by Jean Dublin
  • Like 1

Why not buy from aliexpress? Rockwheel store seems to have good reputation around this forum and you are purchasing from source. Of course you will have to wait for delivery some days weeks but I disbelieve you will find a shop in your area where you can buy those items on demand. I also would be critical about that named store due to prior warnings.

But you should be aware that Rockwheel brand is a niche supplier within an even niche branch. Maybe not the best choice for starting the EUC experience. For a new user this could mean "looking for trouble" and might spoil the whole thing. Don´t get me wrong, their design and specs have yet attraction to me but I would recommend them for later use.

However just my opinion. You always should get the wheel you really want.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peteshmete said:

I can only tell you one thing....i do not know this store...but the fact they put on sale from $3999 to 1999 is pure falacy...these wheel sell for $1000-1400. Never have i seen a wheel(gt) at more than 1600.  I would therefore NOT rrust them.

thx

He's right. $2000 for a $1000-1400 wheel is a pure scam. Fake reduced price is scam. They don't even get the name right - Rockwheel GT16. Avoid!

If you buy from AliExpress (Rockwheel Store), you buy from the "official" shop.

The GT16 is not a bad wheel, but old and not too competitive with other brands. But if you tried and liked it, nothing wrong with it. Depends on the price whether it is competitive.

23 hours ago, DosRutten said:

Saw the specs on the site for the rockwheel was the highest so that's why I'm considering it.

If you can (and want to) spend the $2000, there are much better wheels for this kind of money. KingSong 18L or 18XL (bigger battery), msuper X. Check ewheels.com.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It has 1903 kms, my first wheel but I love it. Lots of scratches, trolley broke but runs beautifully, make me an offer, I only want to sell it because I want to upgrade to a high end super wheel. Ps I hear rockwheel is coming out with a18". Looks awesome 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, john Gelinas said:

I hear rockwheel is coming out with a18".

We’ve heard that rumor quite some time ago. I have doubts it will ever come to happen.

Marty The Master Of Wheels has commented on the GT16 to be a specialized wheel that he would not recommend to be the only wheel in anyone’s arsenal. And that was when the wheel was relatively new. I’d choose another wheel if I were looking for the first one.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, john Gelinas said:

It has 1903 kms, my first wheel but I love it. Lots of scratches, trolley broke but runs beautifully, make me an offer, I only want to sell it because I want to upgrade to a high end super wheel. Ps I hear rockwheel is coming out with a18". Looks awesome 

Whatever lettering there is, is in Chinese 

I dunno but they sure as heck dont market right if they still are IN!

but i must say...especially after owning so many wheels (including urs...which i learned to REALLLY like after i added powerpads) ...it was the best i ever had ....so i sure hope they are NOT out(and they come back stronger than ever).

Edited by Peteshmete

20 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Didn’t rocketwheel go out of business?  

No, they are still going, they did release GT16 v2 and V3, now they are soon releasing the GT16S 1600/2072wh with a longer shell that accommodates more battery.

That's a huge battery for a 16inch EUC, first time ever done. Now if you want over 1600wh the only option is a 22inch wheel (monster), which due to it's wheel size may even have less range (I heard 100km on the 2400wh model, which seems to be the same as people with the KS18XL 1600wh are getting). 

They should be releasing details end of this month. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/137300526890741?view=permalink&id=312554436032015

For the GT18, I heard a rumour: the stakeholders didn't put the money for its development yet. So it may happen or not, but not anytime soon. 

Edited by Jean Dublin